• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Rich Evans right now:

ANwEiPi.gif

Shit, they're really going with that
Jedi and Sith are BOTH bad and the Force must have balance between light and dark
aren't they?

On the one hand, that contradicts everything Lucas said about the Force.

But on the other hand, Fuck Lucas, lets see how they pull this off!

blakep267

In the panel he literally said Finn wakes up and isn't playing games this time.
I meant deep down I had a glimmer of hope that he would be an actual Jedi but that's never gonna happen. Disney is riding that Rey train. The best remaining I guess is a Han Solo sidekick role

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Good tease, if slightly underwhelming compared to TFA. (Then again, hard to top.)

I'll give myself the first 'real' trailer and cut myself off after that.

Ridisc

Banned
They have a difficult balance with trying to understand the force going forwards, im not sure how much I want to know about the mystery of it all.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So yeah, all that shit you thought you knew about how the Force works? That's not how the Force works. We're moving forward now.

Luke's been learning how to burn off all the shit you don't need. All the dogma, all the rules. Expectations. All that shit.

Can't wait.

First rule he threw away? Getting some lovin' just so he could make Rey.

Liamario

Banned
I'd lying if I said I was impressed by trailer. I will say that right now I think we're seeing the beginning of an overrsaturation of Star Wars.

It might not be as hype as the TFA first teaser was, but I'm still glad I watched it live. Excited to see what Johnson's done with TLJ, especially considering his other finely-crafted movies.

Vinc

Movie looks great and I can't wait, this is a gorgeous trailer, but I gotta say it's not as good as it could've been as a trailer. It feels way too CONSISTENT with TFA trailers. It feels very derivative of those, and I think it makes this movie feels less like a huge awe-inspiring event and more like... the continuation of the movie we all saw in 2015. I know it's exactly that, but marketing's job is to make sure this looks like a must-see to everyone. To me, this trailer doesn't make me more excited than I already was to see the film, because it doesn't raise enough questions and does not surprise me enough.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I for one am baffled and disappointed that a movie with 8 months of marketing and post-production left to complete has a vague reveal trailer.

Quonny

Yep. Really feels like they're going to try and ditch the whole light/dark thing and make it more nuanced and grey.

So yeah, all that shit you thought you knew about how the Force works? That's not how the Force works. We're moving forward now.

Luke's been learning how to burn off all the shit you don't need. All the dogma, all the rules. Expectations. All that shit.

Can't wait.
This post. All of it. ALL OF IT.

Prompto

Banned
Jedi and Sith are BOTH bad and the Force must have balance between light and dark
aren't they?

If that's really where they are taking this, then that's awesome.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

Can't wait.

yeah, now you've put it into words i definitely got all that from the trailer. might book some time off work to think it all through.

Gurrry

I for one am baffled and disappointed that a movie with 8 months of marketing and post-production left to complete has a vague reveal trailer.

I am baffled that you copied and pasted your same cynical quote from another thread and posted it here as if anyone cares

Ohwiseone

It's shorter than expected.. but it looks visually really good.

Between the wide angle shots of Rey training with Luke watching, and the shot of what I assume is B-Wings with the Red plume behind them.

Some thoughts:

- Cool to see Luke apparently training Rey. It looks like she emerged from a cave at the start of the trailer, could it be similar to the cave on Dagobah where Luke fought Vader?

- The force being "far more than light and darkness" sounds VERY interesting. Could there be more shades of grey to the Force than we've realized? That goes in hand with the "end of the Jedi" idea at the end of the trailer and the talk that Luke is a far darker character in this film.

- What was with that random shot of tree branches on a wall with the plume of light? I have no idea what that was about.

- Looks like we're getting a Hoth-style land battle with AT-ATs going against the Resistance's new airspeeder which look super cool. And it may just be the way it was cut, but it looked like one was being piloted by a still-comatose Finn?

- Yay for more space battles, and it looks like this one will be at a far greater scale than Force Awakens. I'm okay with this.

- The biggest shot is the destroyed mask of Vader. It looks like Kylo Ren might go on a bit more of a freakout than we expect.

But yeah, I'm hyped. It's nice that this trailer basically didn't reveal anything, no cool teases, no story hints, nothing.

aren't they?

Its both sides guys!
/s

yeah, now you've put it into words i definitely got all that from the trailer. might book some time off work to think it all through.

Why even waste your time doing this, though?

Like, I don't get it.

There are easier ways to pretend I don't exist than to come for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom