• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

Davide

If this thing happened I will never question anyone in charge of Star Wars ever again. Even if they make a Jar Jar movie. It would be perfection for me.

I want Finn × Rey so bad. It's actually surprising how much I want it. Heck if Draper keeps posting his fan art I'll retaliate with some Finn × Rey but that might lock the thread.

I'd love for Finn x Rey to happen so Finn could become a Skywalker.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Imagine if Jimmy Kimmel pulls that fanart stunt for the SW gang like he does with the Avengers people in the past

Not

Banned
What really bothers me is it's rooted in misogyny. Especially the ones depicting them married or him carrying her

He's the only possible white male love interest for her, and that's all there is to it for some people.

Her being autonomous and having agency REALLY pisses people off. Attaching her to Kylo, even in fanart or fanfiction, is an attempt at reinstating control over her.

Bring back the porgs please...
I hope Episode IX ends with Rey and Kylo having aggressive, intimate sex over the end credits.

It's going to fade to black and you'll hear the wet smacking of Kylo eating the booty cause he knows how gentlemen of culture do
tumblr_inline_o3jlyu39yV1sdrala_500.gif

kevin1025

Banned
I hope Episode IX ends with Porg Celebration, where they do a highly choreographed dance number on the game board in the Millenium Falcon.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Episode IX ends with a Giant Naked Porg turning everyone in the universe into orange liquid, while Rey gets an acid trip covering about the meaning of her existence and whether or not she's actually a piece of shit human being.

Surfinn

Ghaleon is worrying me with his porg obsession

I like the idea of Chewie bonding with Porgins to help with his grief over Han's death

One thing I love about these trailers, both TFA and TLJ, is their use of remixed Star Wars music (instead of generic trailer shit) and the way the trailers are structured around specific characters (for example, the TLJ trailer follows Rey, then Luke, then Kylo, then Poe and Finn, etc). This is definitely one of the better trailers I've seen in a long time, in terms of visuals and music.

kevin1025

Banned
One thing I love about these trailers, both TFA and TLJ, is their use of remixed Star Wars music (instead of generic trailer shit) and the way the trailers are structured around specific characters (for example, the TLJ trailer follows Rey, then Luke, then Kylo, then Poe and Finn, etc). This is definitely one of the better trailers I've seen in a long time, in terms of visuals and music.

Definitely agree with you. When the Force Awakens trailer did it, following Rey, Finn, then Kylo, and then Han Solo and the Princess blasts away with the Falcon to launch into all of the awesome, that was an all-timer for trailers. Carrying a similar idea over to this new trailer was perfect.

So was timing the lightsaber sounds to the new version of The Jedi Steps.

Guys, I figured it out.

At the end of Episode IX after the screen cuts to black at the end you think it's over and the credits are about to start when suddenly a light flicks on.

The scene is in a bedroom and suddenly Anakin Skywalker bolts upright in bed (played by Hayden Christensen of course) and Padme (Natalie Portman) wakes up beside him.

Obiwan (Ewan McGregor) comes into the room saying they felt a disturbance in the force and Anakin say's he just had the weirdest dream...

The riots that follow destabilize all world gov't and the planet descends into anarchy.

"Man look at money hungry Disney, making all those cute toy animals. Have they no shame?"

*Cue subbing Chewie being comforted by Porg friend*

You will feel ashamed of your words and deeds.

GhaleonEB

Ghaleon is worrying me with his porg obsession

I like the idea of Chewie bonding with Porgins to help with his grief over Han's death

It's less an obsession and more, smitten. My heart just fuckin exploded when that thing showed up.

But seriously, if they handle Porgs right it's going to be this amazing mix of dark thematic material and heart-stopping cuteness. I am loving the possibility that the porg is part of Chewie's grieving process, because I think that just shows how deeply Rian cares about the characters. Prior to this trailer, did anyone really talk about how Chewie would be coping with Han's loss? But it makes sense that it has to be part of the story. Chewie can't just be along for the ride, getting snubbed for hugs and watching Rey train. His life partner was just killed. Giving Chewie a recovery arc and new companion would be pretty wonderful.

GhaleonEB

Training with the guards?

Cv1sL7Z.jpg

kR7bpON.jpg

Yeah, that makes sense. Later there's a shot of Rey fighting three guys with staffs at the same time. Guessing she's fighting them later on, as well.

I'm picturing Snoke throwing the lightsaber onto the ground and telling Kylo to fight.

Surfinn

It's less an obsession and more, smitten. My heart just fuckin exploded when that thing showed up.

But seriously, if they handle Porgs right it's going to be this amazing mix of dark thematic material and heart-stopping cuteness. I am loving the possibility that the porg is part of Chewie's grieving process, because I think that just shows how deeply Rian cares about the characters. Prior to this trailer, did anyone really talk about how Chewie would be coping with Han's loss? But it makes sense that it has to be part of the story. Chewie can't just be along for the ride, getting snubbed for hugs and watching Rey train. His life partner was just killed. Giving Chewie a recovery arc and new companion would be pretty wonderful.
Completely agreed. I just watched TFA today and one thing I didn't care for was Chewie being pushed aside, especially after Han's death.

I think Rian will do him right this time around.

And I like your porg assessment here.

Was joking btw, I think Porgins (that's the name I've given the porg who is hanging with Chewie) is pretty damn loveable.

I don't know if you guys saw this but Daisy is basically perfect???

No one can answer questions that quickly and perfectly. I see she's also a Mary Sue in real life too. Surprise.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I hope Episode IX ends with Porg Celebration, where they do a highly choreographed dance number on the game board in the Millenium Falcon.

Nah, it’ll be a lot of shots of the galaxy celebrating again after the fall of Snoke and the First Order, and we’ll hear that cute Porg noise like in the trailer, which roughly translate to “Weesa Free!!”

Edit: also, I at first thought Luke was referring to his confrontation with Vader in Empire Strikes Back, when he foolishly rushed to face him thinking he knew enough about the force, but then I realized he was referring to Kylo Ren and the destruction of his academy.

I’m wondering if, during the flashback, we’ll see an even younger Ben Solo, being trained by younger Luke, then we see what caused it to all fall apart.

I still think they should have named him Jacen.

Rewatching the trailer... whew they are holding back ALOT. Some crazy shit is going to go down I think.

It's why the suggested length of the film being two and a half hours doesn't surprise me, nor fill me with too much worry. It seems they've crammed a lot into this movie.

Slaythe

What really bothers me is it's rooted in misogyny. Especially the ones depicting them married or him carrying her

He's the only possible white male love interest for her, and that's all there is to it for some people.

Her being autonomous and having agency REALLY pisses people off. Attaching her to Kylo, even in fanart or fanfiction, is an attempt at reinstating control over her.

Can we still have fun ever ? :/

Epcott

That last page... uncomfortable 😩

Sucks I can’t find a Star Wars Marathon for Dec 13th. The only theater chain I could find showing the event (similar to the marathon for TFA) is some Canadian movie chain named Cineplex, and Regal Cinema in Times Square NYC 🙁

Top Bottom