• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 CG Trailer [EA-CONF]

SERIOUSLY WOW JUST WOW if only the last 3 movies where that awesome !!!

[edit] new links because EA does not want us to see it:

The Faceless Master said:

Thanks again The Faceless Master

And for no good reason just because its awesome 1 more:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/videos/star-wars-republic-e3-trailer-hope/

Fucking rad!

If it wasn't for BioWare and this game I probably would've ditched the Star Wars franchise long, long ago. :p

Deadly

Holy shit that was pretty awesome. The beginning reminded me that we still don't have a sequel to Republic Commando though =(.

Darklord

Banned
Not as good as the last trailer. This one didn't really feel like Star Wars. It was still good though. Can't wait for the game.

Darklord said:
Not as good as the last trailer. This one didn't really feel like Star Wars. It was still good though. Can't wait for the game.

What? Vibroblades? Commandos? Sith? Jedi? Not Star Wars? My life has been turned upside down.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Don't use a special E3 2010 tag for e3-related threads; every thread's going to be e3-related anyway. Just throwing "E3" in there somewhere is fine. Beyond that, you should identify whether trailers are CG, gameplay, realtime cinematic, etc. Title changed.

Darklord said:

Was much more star wars than the stupid TFU2 trailer of trooper magic disentegration.

Tritroid

Amazing. Bioware is truely rivaling Blizzard here with their CGI cinematic skills.

The art design is amazing, the story premise is very cool, and the cinematics do nothing but drive more hype...but we need to be seeing a lot more in-game videos by now than we are. The cinematics will only hype for so long (See: Warhammer).

:D Last year's trailer already surpassed the entire prequel trilogy (Darth Maul battle aside) if only it was an MMO :( I want my KOTOR 3 dammit! Replaying 1 and 2 because of this!

Subitai

Darklord said:
What?!

That totally felt like Endor in Return of the Jedi except thousands of years earlier.

K.Sabot

fizzelopeguss said:
Stormtroopers are fuckin' retarded, let's give up the perfectly elevated position to charge into a group of lightsabers.
That was exactly what I said. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN, STOP JUMPING DOWN AND FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN."

Tritroid said:
Amazing. Bioware is truely rivaling Blizzard here with their CGI cinematic skills.

The art design is amazing, the story premise is very cool, and the cinematics do nothing but drive more hype...but we need to be seeing a lot more in-game videos by now than we are. The cinematics will only hype for so long (See: Warhammer).

Game won't be out till some time next year and that isn't even locked down yet. Game is a ways off still.

Darklord

Banned
piratepwnsninja said:
What? Vibroblades? Commandos? Sith? Jedi? Not Star Wars? My life has been turned upside down.

I dunno. Just didn't have that...feel of star wars. Eh, maybe I'm just crazy. I hope we get some good long gameplay footage though.

K.Sabot said:
That was exactly what I said. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN, STOP JUMPING DOWN AND FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN."

And all the Sith would have just force jumped up at them and the result would be the same.

barnone

Nice to see some trooper hype this time around. I thought the video was fantastic and I liked the scope they introduced with the flares, a nice touch.

Shinjitsu said:
Can we just get a movie by the CG team behind that?

The cost and time to make a full length movie of this quality would be insane. These short cinematics while gorgeous, cost and take a long time to make. Hence why most movie length CG is of much lower quality.

AlternativeUlster said:
So is this like Knights of the Old Republic then? Or is it a gross MMO?
I'm going to guess and say leveling to cap will be a fun soloable KotOR-style RPG experience, and endgame will be the same basic group grind stuff since the great storyline content will be over.

Top Bottom