• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

Member
Oct 8, 2006
7,759
0
0
Morn said:
Thursday at 3:30pm

Awesome! Should hear some more details about the beta and release date.

Tired of all these SWTOR being sent to die during the month of November comments. I for one will be playing day one regardless of all these other games coming out.
 
Aug 23, 2010
13,462
0
340
That boxart is pretty nice-looking, even if fake.

Quickly, in regards to the Diablo 3 discussion: There's definitely some overlap in playerbase. I've only loosely followed this thread, but I do have an interest in SWTOR, and I'm quite excited for D3.

When SWTOR releases doesn't matter to me though as I'm inclined to let new MMOs percolate in the market a bit and see if a decent lasting community will be built. Unless it's the new MMO from Blizzard (to clarify, with the pedigree of the largest [best?] MMO of all time), I don't feel like I have to have it on Day 1; I could wait a month or two to see what reviews and what the community opinion is after some endgame has been done. Diablo 3 however, is a Day 1 (likely collector's edition) purchase.

If the beta opens up and I can try the game before launch and/or the positive pre-release buzz/press increases to a fever pitch, I may change my mind, but that's where I stand now.

/threaddisruptionover
 

Zinga

Banned
Dec 13, 2009
789
0
0
Don't get too excited, forums usually go around at this time.... though I will be excited as a schoolgirl when they do announce release date since I already have it on pre-order and I joined the ToR forums day one back in 2008, been a hell of a long wait!
 
Jan 14, 2010
471
0
0
KoTOR is one of my favorite RPG right after Baldur's Gate. I'm really hyped for this game, not really the mmo aspect but the story lines of the game and because Bioware is behind it.

I'm feeling a bit anxious and also a bit skeptic after all. Because it is an mmo. But damn, that box art even if not legit is fucking hot.
 

Morn

Banned
Jan 29, 2010
2,819
0
0
Xamdou said:
Awesome! Should hear some more details about the beta and release date.

Tired of all these SWTOR being sent to die during the month of November comments. I for one will be playing day one regardless of all these other games coming out.

They are NOT announcing the release date at Comic Con.
 

goat

Member
Jun 10, 2004
859
8
1,420
Posted by some French site:

Details of the collector version 149.99 euro
- Exclusive figurine of Dark Malgus by Gentle Giant
- Star Wars discs in metal case
- The diary of Master Ghost-Dural
- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD
- Collector's Set includes high-quality 7 objects IG
- Launch rockets, shoot incendiary projectiles (some on-equip item i believe)
- Battle droids: moving by your side
- Holodancer: your projected holographic image
- Holocam: Record your adventures on video
- STAP: unique vehicle design
- Droid-mouse exclusive companion
- Exclusive Collector's Shop: Access to the platform with dynamic sales of special items.
 

Morn

Banned
Jan 29, 2010
2,819
0
0
Gentle Giant? BARF.

Gentle Giant's best sculptor bailed and all their stuff now looks like cheap SHIT.
 

goat

Member
Jun 10, 2004
859
8
1,420
Morn said:
Gentle Giant? BARF.

Gentle Giant's best sculptor bailed and all their stuff now looks like cheap SHIT.

Personally, I could do without the goofy collector's shit and just go with the digital CE for the in game items.
 

Jarmel

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
43,435
1
0
goat said:
Posted by some French site:

Details of the collector version 149.99 euro
- Exclusive figurine of Dark Malgus by Gentle Giant
- Star Wars discs in metal case
- The diary of Master Ghost-Dural
- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD
- Collector's Set includes high-quality 7 objects IG
- Launch rockets, shoot incendiary projectiles (some on-equip item i believe)
- Battle droids: moving by your side
- Holodancer: your projected holographic image
- Holocam: Record your adventures on video
- STAP: unique vehicle design
- Droid-mouse exclusive companion
- Exclusive Collector's Shop: Access to the platform with dynamic sales of special items.

Other than the stupid figurine, everything else looks nice.
 

LowParry

Member
Nov 30, 2007
21,050
0
1,215
Utah
I'd prefer more of the CE digital version with in game items and of course, a head start program. Damn. Thursday needs to come quick. Shit is getting out of control.
 

BrokenEchelon

Banned
Jun 9, 2010
9,572
0
760
Saint Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
goat said:
Posted by some French site:

Details of the collector version 149.99 euro
- Exclusive figurine of Dark Malgus by Gentle Giant
- Star Wars discs in metal case
- The diary of Master Ghost-Dural
- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD
- Collector's Set includes high-quality 7 objects IG
- Launch rockets, shoot incendiary projectiles (some on-equip item i believe)
- Battle droids: moving by your side
- Holodancer: your projected holographic image
- Holocam: Record your adventures on video
- STAP: unique vehicle design
- Droid-mouse exclusive companion
- Exclusive Collector's Shop: Access to the platform with dynamic sales of special items.

150 Euros?

Even if that price stays at $150 in the states, that's asking way too much for what is essentially them giving you a few in-game (virtual) items, a cd with music that's technically in your games, and metal casing for discs which you'll never look at again after you install the game.

I assume they'll charge $60 for the regular edition, and if the special edition is $80 I might hop on board, otherwise no thank you.
 

Morn

Banned
Jan 29, 2010
2,819
0
0
BrokenEchelon said:
150 Euros?

Even if that price stays at $150 in the states, that's asking way too much for what is essentially them giving you a few in-game (virtual) items, a cd with music that's technically in your games, and metal casing for discs which you'll never look at again after you install the game.

I assume they'll charge $60 for the regular edition, and if the special edition is $80 I might hop on board, otherwise no thank you.

No, the CE will be $150 thanks to the Gentle Giant bust. Those things sell for $50-80 by themselves.
 

nataku

Member
Jun 6, 2004
4,082
0
0
Nebraska
BrokenEchelon said:
150 Euros?

Even if that price stays at $150 in the states, that's asking way too much for what is essentially them giving you a few in-game (virtual) items, a cd with music that's technically in your games, and metal casing for discs which you'll never look at again after you install the game.

I assume they'll charge $60 for the regular edition, and if the special edition is $80 I might hop on board, otherwise no thank you.

Not even an art book included in the thing.

Hopefully there is some sort of digital CE that lets me get the in game items. I'll be really disappointed if there isn't an art book. That's pretty much the only reason I buy CEs.
 

Jarmel

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
43,435
1
0
BrokenEchelon said:
150 Euros?

Even if that price stays at $150 in the states, that's asking way too much for what is essentially them giving you a few in-game (virtual) items, a cd with music that's technically in your games, and metal casing for discs which you'll never look at again after you install the game.

I assume they'll charge $60 for the regular edition, and if the special edition is $80 I might hop on board, otherwise no thank you.

Well depends if the music is in lossless or not. Also seems to be some other stuff like the diary. Compared to the Halo Helmet Edition or COD RC Edition, this is a good deal for me.
 

Orgun

Member
Dec 5, 2008
3,543
0
0
England
goat said:
Posted by some French site:

Details of the collector version 149.99 euro
- Exclusive figurine of Dark Malgus by Gentle Giant
- Star Wars discs in metal case
- The diary of Master Ghost-Dural
- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD
- Collector's Set includes high-quality 7 objects IG
- Launch rockets, shoot incendiary projectiles (some on-equip item i believe)
- Battle droids: moving by your side
- Holodancer: your projected holographic image
- Holocam: Record your adventures on video
- STAP: unique vehicle design
- Droid-mouse exclusive companion
- Exclusive Collector's Shop: Access to the platform with dynamic sales of special items.
That is the only thing in that pack which interests me .( Not paying 150 for it though
 

LowParry

Member
Nov 30, 2007
21,050
0
1,215
Utah
gatti-man said:
Thank god no early start or I would have bought it. Regular edition for that price.

I'd imagin there will be some form of early start with any of the CE packaging.
 

gatti-man

Member
Aug 30, 2010
8,382
459
1,025
42
CcrooK said:
I'd imagin there will be some form of early start with any of the CE packaging.
Well if its substantive (a week or more) then im buying I guess. That's really a high price but once I ebay the statue it shouldn't be too bad.
 

LowParry

Member
Nov 30, 2007
21,050
0
1,215
Utah
gatti-man said:
Well if its substantive (a week or more) then im buying I guess. That's really a high price but once I ebay the statue it shouldn't be too bad.

I rather just go digital. Though I would guess it'd be up to 5 days tops for early start. I'm still really curious though about the new closed beta build that will be going on in the next couple of weeks or so.
 

BattleMonkey

Member
Mar 5, 2009
32,358
59
965
Morn said:
Gentle Giant? BARF.

Gentle Giant's best sculptor bailed and all their stuff now looks like cheap SHIT.

They should have gotten Kotobukiya. But still Gentle Giant stuff is generally better looking than most of the crap statues packed with CE of games. Say figurine too so I wouldn't expect anything really special.
 

Griffin

Member
Aug 12, 2009
393
0
830
 

Morn

Banned
Jan 29, 2010
2,819
0
0
HarryDemeanor said:
An authenticator AND a map of the galaxy (please be cloth!)? Best CE ever!

You don't want that type of authenticator. They break too easily. A mobile phone version is better.
 

HarryDemeanor

Member
Sep 20, 2008
30,396
0
0
Morn said:
You don't want that type of authenticator. They break too easily. A mobile phone version is better.

Looks like the same one they use for World of Warcraft and mine has been going strong for a year now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.