• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbreeze's new game is called "Storm" (described as "Payday in space")

MCrkmKQ.png

stormafsrq.png

https://twitter.com/supererogatory

Roughly translated by Google:
Storm Starbreeze runs a game project with the working title storm. The game is based on a proprietary concept and is based on the technology behind Payday games. Storm kannärmast summarized as "Payday in space." The creditor co-op shooter in a sci-fi environment that takes advantage of the design we have created in Payday games.

Report link: http://www.starbreeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Årsredovisning-2012-2013.pdf

Xater

Sure, why not?

That should give you some more opportunities for interesting gameplay ideas. Can you say zero G heists?

Well, from that description alone, I'm sold. Love all the focus on space now.

Yep, looks like we are in for a return of the sci-fi FPS to reclaim it's crown. I#m not going to complain.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So long as Overkill goes nowhere near it.

They lost my trust after continuously fucking Payday 2 over with horrible patch after horrible patch.

KAOz

Short bus special
Reading through it a bit, and one of the first things really stood out.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is still selling very lowly, and they still haven't recieved any royalty due to the low sales. Mostly because the money given to make it hasn't been made back,

Sad really. It's a good game.

If this is a way for Syndicate multiplayer to come back I would be very happy.

I hope they're a little less grind happy for this one.

Einbroch

Banned
Could be cool, but there needs to be more "game". Payday 2 was a lot of fun, but I got bored of it after a few days.

Cardon

If it manages to obtain a small iota of the cool sci-fi vibe found in Prey 2 (or at least what we saw of it) then I'll be excited for this despite not being a huge Payday fan.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They really need to work more on the actual objectives, less "monster boxing" and make things work better in a gameplay sense.

Since payday 2 was a bit broken on various levels of design. Felt like it was rushed out of the door.

Dear god worst mission ever was the smash up the mall one since the games mechanics is not designed around that and wasting ammo to do it is largely a bad idea. The melee system is garbage with hit detection and no real feedback as to what will be giving you credit towards the mission objective or not. Thats just one example.

Personally I though they did a pretty good job with the syndicate games co-op mode, though it had its own issues also.

Anyways with all the negativity of what Ive said above aside I like starbreeze and do hope that the next title turns out good. As always love co-op titles.

Exile20

So long as Overkill goes nowhere near it.

They lost my trust after continuously fucking Payday 2 over with horrible patch after horrible patch.

I really wanted to buy this because I loved the first Payday but it just never grabbed me and if you say the patches is that bad then not even bargain bin price for me.

Were the patches that bad?

Top Bottom