• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: 2016 WCS Circuit: IEM Katowice | The Foreigners Awaken (3/2 - 3/5)

Replays for people that have missed it so far:

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_sc2/v/52070145
Not sure if this will feature the quarters, but if it doesn't I'll get another link.

Welcome to WCS 2016. It's a little different this year as the winner of the Winter Championship in addition to getting 3,000 WCS points will get a direct seed in the global finals at the end of the year. This is taking place in Katowice, Poland so times are a bit early for NA or late for KR. This is happening at the same time as CS: GO, LoL, Hearthstone, and Heroes. Full schedule here.

jaFAkQc.png

iDur18s.png

MrdOyYv.png

Bracket: I won't update just in case people want to hop in here and not get spoiled on something right away.

Click for direct link to liquipedia.

Didn't mean to post so soon, oops, lol.

Wedge7

I hope not! Would love to have an all-foreigner final
as long as it's not Lilbow.

At times I think I have more fun rooting against certain players I hate then cheering for players I like. I hope that French rat never wins anything again

Syf

Banned
Been out of the loop for a while....are the Koreans not allowed to play or something?
They implemented a tougher region lock this year and split the WCS into two sections: WCS Korea and WCS Circuit (rest of the world). The Koreans you see here are the ones who actually live outside of the country. The rest are in GSL/SSL in Korea. This is how it all works for 2016:

Bleh European tournament which means I can watch very little of unless it runs late. Cool to see Maynarde casting it until his voice goes out. Extremely random that Brendan is the only Korean caster.

phoenixyz

Wow, they are using this really shitty overlay on esl_sc2 which shows pretty much no additional information. Not even worker supply :<

It's a good thing Lilbow blew off Blizzcon 2015 so he could practice for LotV.
This would have been a lot better if he didn't rally to 2-2, but he still lost.

Syf

Banned
Finally on my weekend, just in time for Polt. I really hope he or HuK makes it to the final, there's enough ZvZ already.

As much as it would be awesome for Nerchio to compete in front of the home crowd I think Polt will win. Pretty good showing by him as it's just 3 Koreans left.

I'm hoping for Polt and Snute finals, and Polt to take it.

Finals are tomorrow ~8am EST.

Striek

Lmao just caught up. Three koreans vs. twenty goddamn nine 'foreigners'. Two remaining in the semis.

Hopefully Snute can prevent KvK finals.

AmFreak

With the exception of Huk who kicked out PiG in the 1st round Polt is the only Non-Zerg-Player in the whole tournament who has won against Zergs.
And this is despite 14 out of 32 players being Zerg.

Syf

Banned
Damn. Nice final though, game 2 and 6 especially. Grats Polt!

The trophy is as big as him lmao

Damn. Nice final though, game 2 and 6 especially. Grats Polt!

The trophy is as big as him lmao

I feel like we're talking to each other :lol

2 and 6 were great. Snute put up a great game. He gets a big jump on WCS points for the global finals.

POLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT! :D

Top Bottom