• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft II Campaign Mode Blowout - Screens, Movies, & Impressions

Enosh

Scrow said:
it won't be.

and what's wrong with it?

the first video
"we are getting torn up down there"

I have never heard that line delivered so badly, maybe I am just spoiled by Company of Heroes

edit: torn, not turn, stupid me -.-

Some amusing bits in that Terran Exploration/Rescue video.

At 43 seconds one marine is about to say mother*&$% but gets bleeped out at the last second.

At 1:26 The BCruiser performs a Yamato not only destroying the Nydus Worm at the entrance but all the marines trying to destroy it before that happened.

Seriously I'm surprised the dialogue went to this:

Bcruiser captain Matt - "Cavalry's arrived. Anyone still alive down there?"

Raynor - "Good too see you Matt. Welcome to the party."

And not this:

Bcruiser captain Matt - "Cavalry's arrived. Anyone still alive down there?"

Raynor - "Thanks to you, just barely dipshit" :lol

I really like how detailed and interactive the environments are on these maps. I hope more people are interested in the possibility of having multiplayer being influenced by terrain like that lava map.

The screenshots are pretty good but obviously nothing like seeing the video versions of those shots.

That direct feed video looks even more amazing now. I only watched the first new video because I'm afraid of spoilers, but this game looks stunning. When in 2010? :(

Minsc

Gold Member
GregLombardi said:
That direct feed video looks even more amazing now. I only watched the first new video because I'm afraid of spoilers, but this game looks stunning. When in 2010? :(

Let's just hope it does come out in 2010, I don't care when so long as it isn't 2011 or 2012.

Fakto

i-love-starcraft-banner.png

/exited !

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Alright the singleplayer is starting to look really, really good here.

I was starting to wonder after the last few Blizzcons. They even removed the horrible Firefly fanfic writing and put in a quality StarCraft script.

Minsc said:
Let's just hope it does come out in 2010, I don't care when so long as it isn't 2011 or 2012.
It's still planned for this fiscal year which means it has to come out in Q1 2010 or Activision misses their forecasts.

Sipowicz said:
so you get extra units and upgrades in single player?

FFFFFFFFUUUUU that is so awesome
Yeah, i remember them talking about putting all sorts of interesting and crazy things in the single player because it's a more cinematic experience and is not constrained due to balance issues as competitive play would be.

Ugh its either the servers are getting hammered or the videos just take a while to load. But those screens are... :O :O :O :O :O

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
New korean religion confirmed.
Looks really good.(Even more in motion)

taoofjord

The graphics look better than ever in these screens. Really beautiful stuff here and the extra work they're putting into the single player campaign looks to be more than worth the wait.

Just wondering, why didnt they get the old voice actors back, are they that bad VAs? They know they can they just chose not to get the old voice actors back... wierd

Sipowicz

Banned
amazing things about this game so far

1. the adventure bit between missions looks better than practically every full game on consoles
2. the single player mode is entirely seperate from the multiplayer one
3. mission variety
4. old units return in single player! and i'm assuming scrapped ones do too
5. you can upgrade stuff using your money
6.branching paths (you cant see everything in one sitting)

i honestly do not mind paying for each campaign seperately. it really is sounding as good as a full game

this + the weird new direction of command&conquer 4 make me very happy.

Johann

momolicious said:
Just wondering, why didnt they get the old voice actors back, are they that bad VAs? They know they can they just chose not to get the old voice actors back... wierd

They did terrible terrible damage to Dustin Browder's family.

That or contract/creative disagreements.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Darkflight said:
Looks better than Starcraft 1 (640*480 by the time I got to it = never played) , will try at least.
I can understand where he's coming from here. It's one thing playing an old console game with low res graphics, it'll automatically scale to your TV anyway. But with a pc game it's a bit tougher, trying to squint at a 640x480 window on your 1280x800 desktop can get tiring. Especially with an involved game like an RTS.

After falling in love with WoW, I had a blast checking out War3 because its 3D graphics scaled easily to a larger screen, but I had to quit SC after a few missions just cause i had a hard time seeing some stuff.

aznpxdd

sykoex said:
I can understand where he's coming from here. It's one thing playing an old console game with low res graphics, it'll automatically scale to your TV anyway. But with a pc game it's a bit tougher, trying to squint at a 640x480 window on your 1280x800 desktop can get tiring. Especially with an involved game like an RTS.

Huh what? Starcraft scales to your monitor.

webrunner

aznpxdd said:
Huh what? Starcraft scales to your monitor.

Actually it depends on drivers and monitors, whether they scale or not. Usually they do but I can imagine some rare combination not having scaling on either.

Minsc

Gold Member
sykoex said:

After falling in love with WoW, I had a blast checking out War3 because its 3D graphics scaled easily to a larger screen, but I had to quit SC after a few missions just cause i had a hard time seeing some stuff.

zerglinghit.gif
zerglinghit.gif
zerglinghit.gif
zerglingmiss.gif
zerglingmiss.gif

Top Bottom