• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

Looks like all the avatars scale to 90px×137px. Back to work, ZealousD!

Oh good he noticed it too! Have fun!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ZealousD said:
Here's the Wall of Shame from the beta thread.

wallofshame.jpg

Hazaro wins... by a single post!
Im finally on one of those lists! :lol

NIN90

I demand the removal of fucking Husky from the OP!
Dat voice.

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM

isny

napkin dispenser
So why can't anyone just download the installer now? Why only people purchasing the digital copies? It's not like registration is done through installation, it's done on battle.net now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
isny said:
So why can't anyone just download the installer now? Why only people purchasing the digital copies? It's not like registration is done through installation, it's done on battle.net now.

Doesn't Blizzard use torrent technology in their World of Warcraft patchers? They are probably extremely stingy when it comes to bandwidth.

Jubs

I must have been living under a rock, because I thought this game was coming out in like December. I had no idea it was coming out next week.

I'm trying to play through Starcraft again before this comes out so i'm downloading all the extra missions. Where is a good place to get Insurrection and Retribution?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
SuperSonic1305 said:
I'm trying to play through Starcraft again before this comes out so i'm downloading all the extra missions. Where is a good place to get Insurrection and Retribution?

Extra missions, what? I need to beat StarCraft (back when I used to play it, I always played multiplayer) so if there are any official extra missions not included with the original game and Broodwar then do tell!

YES!! SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!

I've pretty much been playing beta non-stop since phase 2 came up. Can't wait to see all of you come release!

Spike

Final specs have been released:

Minimum System Requirements*:

PC: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c
2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better

Mac: Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer Intel Processor
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon X1600 or better

PC/Mac: 12 GB available HD space 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users, 2 GB for Mac users)
DVD-ROM drive
Broadband Internet connection
1024X720 minimum display resolution

*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.

Recommended Specifications:

PC: Windows Vista/Windows 7 Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
2 GB RAM
512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better

Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo processor 4 GB system RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180423

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Fuck the Husky haters, the guy is just having fun.

Psyched for this, awesome job with the thread Zealous, I'm happy to have shown honorably in the GAF tournament without showing up on the wall of shame :D I'm the only one!

Shrinnan said:
Extra missions, what? I need to beat StarCraft (back when I used to play it, I always played multiplayer) so if there are any official extra missions not included with the original game and Broodwar then do tell!

Aside from the stuff linked in the OP there is supposed to be 2 canon expansions not made by Blizzard. I had never heard of them until now and I don't see them for download with the other ones.

Zzoram

Fixes for the OP:

Leagues are now Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond. Copper is gone, and Diamond is on top now.

The wording about campaign length is confusing, especially the part about how each new campaign is as long as the old campaign (people may assume it means each race campaign is as long as the old race campaigns).

The "# pool" should be amended to let people know that using # food count for other building timings is common, such as 8 rax, 15 hatch, etc.

Other than that, pretty solid OP.

Vaporak

I can't wait, it's finally almost here. :D I wasn't very active in the beta thread but I think i'll change that come release and play some with SC2-GAF.

Oh, and claimed:
immortalportrait_static.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Can't wait i'm still undecided on what regional version to get oceanic / south asia or north america.;_;

This would be easier if blizzard put us on the US servers like they did with their previous games..

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I look forward to seeing what they have done with the SP over the MP. I've always been bad at MP and while i might play a few games i can't see myself getting sucked into it.

Lets hope the CE turns up next week :lol

-Eddman-

I still don't know how or why, but this game is priced $299 pesos (23 dollars) here in Mexico. I confirmed this in person in 2 different stores. Can't wait! :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
-Eddman- said:
I still don't know how or why, but this game is priced $299 pesos (23 dollars) here in Mexico. I confirmed this in person in 2 different stores. Can't wait! :D

Are you sure that isn't the "economy edition" or something where you are going to have to pay a subscription to go online? I remember reading that there will be various price points released in certain territories.

Really looking forward to Campaign mode here. I think everyone will just demolish me online and dont know if I can put in the time to be good!

Good to be on the first few pages of what will no doubt be a monster thread!

Really nice OP.

Quick question:
If I buy a boxed copy, will I be able to register the key on Battle.net like the other Blizzard games and essentially get the DD version?

Milabrega

A damn shame Battle.net2.0 is absolutely horrible. This game could have been great, now all we can do is wait for hackers to get a custom, competent, region free online multiplayer client going.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay, the avatars have been fixed. They should now be 90x120. It might take a few refreshes before the forum catches it, though.

If you copied the avatar over to your own album, you HAVE to fix this. I'm sorry for not catching this sooner.

Haha, I can't believe I made it on that list. And great OP Zealous, can't wait to claim my collector's edition come midnight monday night and fire up the campaign!!

ZealousD said:
Okay, the avatars have been fixed. They should now be 90x120. It might take a few refreshes before the forum catches it, though.

If you copied the avatar over to your own album, you HAVE to fix this. I'm sorry for not catching this sooner.

Appreciate it man, claimed.

hightemplarportrait_static.jpg

Stryder

First game I've been this excited for in a long time (I'm extremely excited) :D

It's about time...!!

Ghost claimed btw

ghostportrait_static.jpg

Gribbix

-Eddman- said:
That version only allows free Battle.net access for 6 months.

StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ Pricing Announced
Blizzard said:
IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that its highly anticipated real-time strategy game, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™, will be fully localized into Latin American Spanish and will be available in Mexico, Argentina, and Chile for a suggested retail price of $299 MXN / $119 ARS / $13,900 CLP. With this purchase, players will have six months of access to the StarCraft II single-player campaign and multiplayer play through the new version of Battle.net®, the premier online gaming destination for Blizzard Entertainment gamers. Continued StarCraft II play beyond the time included with the initial purchase will be available via 30-day and 60-day subscription options. Pricing for these options will be announced at a later date.

“One of our design goals for StarCraft II was to make it accessible to a wide range of players, from beginners to veterans”
Players who prefer to make a one-time payment for unlimited access to the StarCraft II single-player campaign and multiplayer play on Battle.net will have the option to purchase and download an unlimited-access version of the game directly from Blizzard Entertainment at pricing similar to the US price of $59.99USD.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Zzoram said:
Fixes for the OP:

Leagues are now Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond. Copper is gone, and Diamond is on top now.

Ah, thanks for the catch. As you might be able to tell, this OP was actually written some time ago. =X

The wording about campaign length is confusing, especially the part about how each new campaign is as long as the old campaign (people may assume it means each race campaign is as long as the old race campaigns).

I'm trying to come up with a better way of rephrasing that without much luck. Should I just axe that sentence about comparing the campaign sizes and just point the complainers to the complaint section later?

The "# pool" should be amended to let people know that using # food count for other building timings is common, such as 8 rax, 15 hatch, etc.

It did already, although I added another example for further clarity.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED.

The beta rocked every other game in the world and this will too!

AND GREAT OP! >:) Shit got me pumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom