• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lol, NASL. 480p is hard bros.

www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/mxrfl/wellp_480p_is_behind_a_pay_wall_bye_nasl_im_not/

TIL Neosteel frame upgrade allows for...

370hll.jpg

V_Arnold

Upper left corner in the same panel, "fix selected problems".

Then close all your browsers, and Immunize them with the "Immunize" tab (2nd) in Spybot. That helps against a lot of scripts in your browsers.

Then try googling after.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck my life... accidentally clicked on "Scan" again ._.

Thanks for the help Arnold, will see if it works once it scans my computer again...

ultron87

This is the part where Yoshi finds out he hasn't actually been posting on GAF at all, but on some virus version of GAF he keeps get redirected to.

Deadman

Its strange because catz and nestea played each other either yesterday/the day before, you would think that would mean everything was good between them

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck!!! Still doesn't work but I got this "error"

9259J.png

I'm using Windows 7, what do I do now ._.?

Trickster

What's the best way for a protoss to deal with broodlords? It just seems to be unwinnable the second the zerg get's 5+ broods.

zargle

What's the best way for a protoss to deal with broodlords? It just seems to be unwinnable the second the zerg get's 5+ broods.

I seem to recall someone using CombatEx's strategy about just keeping away from them and abusing their lack of mobility? I use a lot of blink stalkers to get under them, but that fails as often as it succeeds. I am interested in others responses to this question as well since I lost to BL's earlier today.

Fuck!!! Still doesn't work but I got this "error"

9259J.png

I'm using Windows 7, what do I do now ._.?

Try to download malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

and TDSS killer
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363

Do you have MSE? You should, but if not download it
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

Disconnect your internet and boot into safe mode. Run malwarebytes full scan, then TDSS killer. Reboot into reg mode and see if you get pop ups immediately. If not, re-connect internet and browse sites, use google, etc.

If you still have spyware, go back into safe mode (disconnect your router remember) and run MSE.

Trickster

I seem to recall someone using CombatEx's strategy about just keeping away from them and abusing their lack of mobility? I use a lot of blink stalkers to get under them, but that fails as often as it succeeds. I am interested in others responses to this question as well since I lost to BL's earlier today.

This is actually the one way I've won agains't them so far, managed the win in 1 game where it became a base race scenario and I had a far superior economy :|

Pollux

When doing the 3-rax all in build that people have been telling me to focus on, should I build a factory to make a couple siege tanks or any type of mechanical units? Should I build any type of flying units?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
When doing the 3-rax all in build that people have been telling me to focus on, should I build a factory to make a couple siege tanks or any type of mechanical units? Should I build any type of flying units?

You can transition into those types of units if your all-in fails but normally no, just 3 rax Marine Marauder to kill greedy/bad players.

Should your all-in fail, just expand and switch to Marine, Marauder, Medivac, and some Siege tanks.

Q8D3vil

no, it will take so much time to build tanks or air unit.
if you are in bronze league then bio probably is all what you need.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Depends on how the match is going and where you wanna go. You wanna expand first before you build a factory and then a starport. Starports are good to have for the medivacs to heal your stimmed units. Around that stage it's important to scout accurately and try to build accordingly. If you notice a starport with tech, it's safe to assume banshees. You could build more marines and vikings. If you notice factory with tech, its safe to assume siege tanks and if theres an armory, thors. Banshees are a good counter to siege tanks.

I'm finding that once you get that expansion up and running, you'll have so many resources. You gotta start to dream big. Stack on the barracks, get the upgrades going, get some factories or starports and just build build build.

Yoshichan

Try to download malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

and TDSS killer
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363

Do you have MSE? You should, but if not download it
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

Disconnect your internet and boot into safe mode. Run malwarebytes full scan, then TDSS killer. Reboot into reg mode and see if you get pop ups immediately. If not, re-connect internet and browse sites, use google, etc.

If you still have spyware, go back into safe mode (disconnect your router remember) and run MSE.
The shit I have to go through... I tried Malwarebytes, still doesn't work... I'm gonna try the rest of the things you said. Fuck my life.

edit: TDSS found nothing...

Venfayth

The shit I have to go through... I tried Malwarebytes, still doesn't work... I'm gonna try the rest of the things you said. Fuck my life.

edit: TDSS found nothing...

Firefox, Chrome? Try reinstalling them.

If it's still redirecting you, your best option may be to use Yahoo a restore point.

it's only for 3 weeks?
|
V

fanboi

Banned
He is going to Korea... leaving his family...

Do not agree with your choice.

EDIT:

Yoshi, have you checked your host file that you dont have alot of shit in that one?

Yoshichan

Yoshi, have you checked your host file that you dont have alot of shit in that one?
... host file?

edit: safe mode, Windows 7... how?

Yoshichan

edit: I'm doing the Microsoft Security Essentials scan right now... it's gonna take a while (currently found 3 potential threats).

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

open it with notepad or wordpad and paste it here

# copyright (c) 1993-2009 microsoft corp.
# this is a sample hosts file used by microsoft tcp/ip for windows.
# this file contains the mappings of ip addresses to host names. each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. the ip address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# the ip address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
# additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
# for example:
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handled within dns itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
255.255.255.255 easyanticheat.se # misleading site
255.255.255.255 www.easyanticheat.se # misleading site
255.255.255.255 easyanticheat.com # misleading site
255.255.255.255 www.easyanticheat.com # misleading site
255.255.255.255 easyanticheat.org # misleading site
255.255.255.255 www.easyanticheat.org # misleading site

Yoshichan

double post...

Venfayth

delete all the 255.255.255.255 entries, so the file just looks like

# copyright (c) 1993-2009 microsoft corp.
# this is a sample hosts file used by microsoft tcp/ip for windows.
# this file contains the mappings of ip addresses to host names. each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. the ip address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# the ip address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
# additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
# for example:
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handled within dns itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

Yoshichan

When I want to save the document, they're telling me to contact the admin... I AM THE ADMIN.

QyKQH.png

Yoshichan

MSE found the following:

m4kRb.png

Now I'm not a computer genius but even I know that trojan is a bad thing... what worries me is that it has nothing to do with my Google-problem ;_;

Pollux

You can transition into those types of units if your all-in fails but normally no, just 3 rax Marine Marauder to kill greedy/bad players.

Should your all-in fail, just expand and switch to Marine, Marauder, Medivac, and some Siege tanks.

no, it will take so much time to build tanks or air unit.
if you are in bronze league then bio probably is all what you need.

Sounds good.

Depends on how the match is going and where you wanna go. You wanna expand first before you build a factory and then a starport. Starports are good to have for the medivacs to heal your stimmed units. Around that stage it's important to scout accurately and try to build accordingly. If you notice a starport with tech, it's safe to assume banshees. You could build more marines and vikings. If you notice factory with tech, its safe to assume siege tanks and if theres an armory, thors. Banshees are a good counter to siege tanks.

I'm finding that once you get that expansion up and running, you'll have so many resources. You gotta start to dream big. Stack on the barracks, get the upgrades going, get some factories or starports and just build build build.

See that's the kind of stuff I wouldn't even think about or notice. I guess it just comes with experience and playing the game.

Also, what's with all these people with names containing random capital letters? whats the point?

MSE found the following:

m4kRb.png

Now I'm not a computer genius but even I know that trojan is a bad thing... what worries me is that it has nothing to do with my Google-problem ;_;

Delete them all. TDSS should fix your google problem eventually. Delete any java you have in firefox, chrome, whatever. Then run TDSS. Make sure your router is disconnected

Yoshichan

IT'S WORKING!!!! :D :D :D

God, I seriously don't know what I love more: Life itself or you guys. GOD DAMN IT you guys are fucking BOSSES. Every single one of you.

Yoshichan

You're welcome. For payment I demand a picture of you holding a "thank you SC2-GAF" sign
♥ I promise I'll do that sometime soon!

Venfayth

... So.. I probably should be more careful..

Today in the closing section of a support ticket I accidentally copied and pasted in the link to the NASL brackets instead of the closing description.

I can change the closing description but when it's closed, an e-mail is sent out with a copy of the close description in it.

>_<

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
IT'S WORKING!!!! :D :D :D

God, I seriously don't know what I love more: Life itself or you guys. GOD DAMN IT you guys are fucking BOSSES. Every single one of you.

Now scan your computer often and don't let that shit happen again. I also recommend re installing Windows every year or so. Shit makes such a difference.

Also, I don't necessarily agree with getting away with just Bio in Bronze league. Lately I'm finding that my initial 3 barracks build isn't winning the match every time. And it won't because other players are doing the same thing. What's winning me that match that extends to 20-30 minutes or so is how well I manage my expansions and upgrades. I've found that dreaming bigger, I'm able to max out my army more than twice as fast in the past. I'm expanding quicker and getting larger masses of units much faster. I love getting double engineering bay and getting simultaneous upgrades. In must a matter of minutes your massive army is so much tougher.

I actually have a question about Thors. What do I want their positioning to be among an army of Siege tanks, marine and marauders? They kind of naturally get stuck in the back because the smaller units push up.

Yoshichan

Oh no... from one problem to another. I've had this problem before and I forgot how I fixed it :( Since that reboot, I've noticed that my screen is very dark.

I open SC2 and WoW and hell yes, it's MUCH darker than it should be. Look at the mini-map for instance:

G2Hhg.jpg

Now the interesting part is that when I put the game on fullscreen, the brightness is perfect. But as soon as I go Windowed or Windowed (Fullscreen), it gets super dark. The same thing goes for WoW... anyone :/?

edit: like, look at this! This is fog of war near the ramp on Xel'naga Caverns:

oKcex.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
windowed and windowed fullscreen default to your standard windows brightness whereas fullscreen uses the starcraft brightness bar.

if you want them to be brighter, you have to do it via your monitor or gfx options.

Yoshichan

windowed and windowed fullscreen default to your standard windows brightness whereas fullscreen uses the starcraft brightness bar.
Yeah I understand that but why did it change all of a sudden? And even when I'm changing the brightness of Windows, SC still looks way too dark in window mode, and it wasn't like this before I started rebooting the computer :/...

edit: yep, as expected. When I change my gamma and brightness in my Nvidia-settings, game looks slightly better but browsing Internet looks like shit... it wasn't like this at all :(.

Top Bottom