• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is in a state where it can be played from start to finish

JoeBudden

OK, but is it in a state to show off some gameplay?

kinda hilarious how a Bethesda title being playable is breaking news lol

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Gonna call
this now and predict it gets delayed until Summer 2024
Angry Kung Fu Panda GIF

Not gonna happen, early 2023 at the latest. But I think if they announced a date they are confident with it.

Ozriel

M$FT
Still haven't had a proper gameplay trailer. Stop with the bullshit Bethesda PR

The game is still a year away. Why do you trolls keep demanding for gameplay trailers at this stage? Did you get any gameplay trailers for Horizon forbidden west or GOW Ragnarok over a year before planned release date?

GymWolf

The game is still a year away. Why do you trolls keep demanding for gameplay trailers at this stage? Did you get any gameplay trailers for Horizon forbidden west or GOW Ragnarok over a year before planned release date?
Not sure if serious...

Games having vertical slice gameplay 2-3 years before release is not strange at all.

Days gone, tsushima, horizon 1, spiderman, and many other games had 5-10 min gameplay trailer well before release, in some cases we talk 2-3 years before release...

Asking for some gameplay is legitimate dude, you can only get that hyped with our residential Starfield Starfield opening a topic everytime a small artwork get released or a dev blow his nose...

Stuart360

Not sure if serious...

Games having vertical slice gameplay 2-3 years before release is not strange at all.

Days gone, tsushima, horizon 1, spiderman, and many other games had 5-10 min gameplay trailer well before release, in some cases we talk 2-3 years before release...

Asking for some gameplay is legitimate dude, you can only get that hyped with our residential Starfield Starfield opening a topic everytime a small artwork get released or a dev blow his nose...
The media blowout wont happen until E3 Gymwolf. Todd has said numerous times in interviews that he doesnt like showing much of his games until the E3 before release. And Fallout 4 and Skyrim show that. Oblivion too actually, in fact all we had was that one screenshot of Oblivion until we got the trailer a few months before release.

GymWolf

The media blowout wont happen until E3 Gymwolf. Todd has said numerous times in interviews that he doesnt like showing much of his games until the E3 before release. And Fallout 4 and Skyrim show that. Oblivion too actually, in fact all we had was that one screenshot of Oblivion until we got the trailer a few months before release.
Yeah ok, i was just saying that asking for gameplay years before release is absolutely legit, not everyone think like bethesda heads, some people have more trust in their work even 2-3 years before release and they like to show their result to hype people.

You can call me gym or gimmy, gymwolf was my father...

Last edited:
If you were genuinely asking its because I’ve seen damn near every AAA game (and non-AAA game, but especially major game) get a significant delay for the past year. I don’t think putting a time table on a launch of a game a year and half out is realistic.

Pretty much every big game launch this year was delayed almost a full year

If they are hard pressed to launch on that day no matter what, then i don’t have much confidence it won’t launch like a lot of their other games.
The game might've already gotten an internal delay prior to the Nov. 11 release date announcement tho. Ever once considered that?

Kev Kev

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

soooooo how many bugs, glitches and crashes are we talking here? over or under 1k?

jk (not really) i am very excited for this! wish it was VR tho. skyrim VR is still amazing but ive done everything. at least give me fallout 4 VR 🥺

GymWolf

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

soooooo how many bugs, glitches and crashes are we talking here? over or under 1k?

jk (not really) i am very excited for this! wish it was VR tho. skyrim VR is still amazing but ive done everything. at least give me fallout 4 VR 🥺
Zero gravity gameplay in vr doesn't sound vomit inducing at all...

Ozriel

M$FT
Not sure if serious...

Bethesda has never released gameplay this far out from release, and there's zero sense in releasing gameplay for one of the biggest games in years in a random blog post.

You'll get your gameplay reveal at E3, 5 months before release.

You don't have to move goalposts to the PS4 Era. I gave examples of next gen games. Why have you tried to change the subject?

When did you see Elden ring gameplay for the first time?

Andodalf

Banned
OK, but is it in a state to show off some gameplay?

kinda hilarious how a Bethesda title being playable is breaking news lol

You see this kind of post for tons of games, not just bethesda ones.

Oops sorry I forgot the BETHESDA BAD circlejerk was in effect!

JoeBudden

You see this kind of post for tons of games, not just bethesda ones.

Oops sorry I forgot the BETHESDA BAD circlejerk was in effect!

I'm just being funny pointing out the irony. I'm hyped for Starfield otherwise and just being impatient with the inevitable gameplay reveal.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Then lets fucking see it. I am tired of hearing about these games. I am tired of inengine or realtime or cg trailers. Show, dont tell.
It’s over a year away. What’s the point in showing it now? In a best case scenario where it looks awesome it’ll just make the wait harder. In a worst case scenario it’ll take the hype away if it lacks the near launch polish.

DaGwaphics

Great news, got to pretty confident it's going to arrive on time at this point. This is going to be huge next year and the last gen shackles have gone.
Going to be interesting to see if Microsoft have left Xbox One behind totally after Halo Infinite ships.

Those old VCRs may have found eternal life as streaming boxes. At least if Starfield gets added to Xcloud.

Tripolygon

Banned
It just means they are not likely to be adding more features. They have got the basic underpinning of the game story and structure complete and now just fleshing out the details which takes a lot of time.

GymWolf

Bethesda has never released gameplay this far out from release, and there's zero sense in releasing gameplay for one of the biggest games in years in a random blog post.

You'll get your gameplay reveal at E3, 5 months before release.

You don't have to move goalposts to the PS4 Era. I gave examples of next gen games. Why have you tried to change the subject?

When did you see Elden ring gameplay for the first time?
Sony presented their gameplay at e3 not some random blog post.

And i was talking in general, asking for gameplay well before 1 year before release is not that strange, it's not only sony that does that and not everyone knows the history of bethesda not releasing trailers, i was not aware before you told me that.

My problem is you calling trolls who want to see some fucking gameplay for one of the most hyped games ever because like i said, not everyone is a bethseda super fan and know their past trailer release schedule dude, it would be strange if it was the opposite and people weren't hyped and sking to see some gameplay.

I'm not moving any goal post because i have no horse in this race, i can play bethseda games on my pc but i don't give a fuck about their games until they show me something substiantially better than skyrim or fallout 4 in terms of combat, animations and writing.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to be a wet blanket, but I don’t understand how any Bethesda game is worthy of any hype or anticipation whatsoever.

Their games are buggy, over-reaching piles of shit. I could never genuinely enjoy any of their games because of the never-ending cavalcade of fucking bugs and glitches.

If any developer has earned a ‘no-hype allowed’ badge, it’s Bethesda.
Really? TES is one of the biggest western RPGs if not the biggest brand within the genre.

Rickyiez

Well then don't say anything about the game status if you've nothing to show.

Maybe not those games. But the first Horizon, and Gow 2018 got gameplay trailers way over a year before launch. Still, what was shown of Horizon FW when it was revealed (June 2020) was confirmed to everyone that it was not only in-engine but a true representation of the final game down to the graphical details. That's like 20 months before release. GoW Ragnarok got a full gameplay trailer a few months back (September), and it could very well be slated for September 2022, Summer at the earliest. When do you think you're getting a Stsrfield gameplay trailer? 6 months before release? So at least in May 2022? And comparing From Software to the likes of "big" studios like Bethesda...how shameful. From Software runs on a tight budget and they always reveal their games not far from release, Elden Ring being hit by a delay harder than any other in their recent Soul saga history because of Covid, not to mention it's their most ambitious title ever and they're still a little studio compared to Bethesda, and yet people have already played their newest game on track to release in January. You'll be lucky if you get another CGI trailer for Starfield before E3 next year!

Last edited:
Maybe not those games. But the first Horizon, and Gow 2018 got gameplay trailers way over a year before launch. Still, what was shown of Horizon FW when it was revealed (June 2020) was confirmed to everyone that it was not only in-engine but a true representation of the final game down to the graphical details. That's like 20 months before release. GoW Ragnarok got a full gameplay trailer a few months back (September), and it could very well be slated for September 2022, Summer at the earliest. When do you think you're getting a Stsrfield gameplay trailer? 6 months before release? So at least in May 2022? And comparing From Software to the likes of "big" studios like Bethesda...how shameful. From Software runs on a tight budget and they always reveal their games not far from release, Elden Ring being hit by a delay harder than any other in their recent Soul saga history because or Covid, not to mention it's their most ambitious title ever and they're still a little studio compared to Bethesda, and yet people have already played their newest game on track to release in January. You'll be lucky if you get another CGI trailer for Starfield before E3 next year!
Fallout 4 got its gameplay reveal 6 months before release. Expect the same for Starfield. The two games you mentioned above are sequels btw. GoW:R even got flack for looking like GoW.

Riky

$MSFT
Quite happy to wait until E3 to see gameplay, show it when you planned to and when it's ready to show.
I'm sure it's one of the main reasons Microsoft pulled the trigger on $7.5 billion, so it's going to be good.

Top Bottom