• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield leak May 14, 2021

it wasn't directed by godd howard. he was executive producer because he is the head of the studio

I tihnk FO76 was not that bad game but launched in a bad state. I wonder if it was the case where Zenimax wanted a fast GaaS cash grab. Then again Sea of Thieves launched in a dire state so who knows.

NOTE: This is from the SAME leak that happened last year. These images just haven't been posted before. Everything you see here is from a 2018 build.

Should Mods feel the need to delete this thread because of SPAM you can find all of the newly leaked images in my old thread. I felt like creating a new one since these all leaked today.

oDawFAW.jpg

gITn8vl.png

rHkgwt4.jpg

UQk7iPr.png

mDoYQwp.jpg

5DC27Z4.jpg

AZyStfm.png

nzDfZsW.png

image0.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

heh so i guess they are using jonas ronnegards alpha collection =p

i use it too

Graphics are actually pretty damn good - will it be only 3rd person? I hope not. Also confused on what this game is supposed to entail

Irobot82

lol All of a sudden Bethesda sucks just because PlayStation won’t get their games anymore.

Wouldn't know, I don't own consoles. I just remember seeing the hate well before they buyout. Pretty much after FO76 bombed. It's pretty great game now.

Have you seen some of the ratings for Zenimax’s last gen games? Most of them are critically acclaimed apart from Fallout 76. The meltdown thread when MS bought them tells the true picture, alongside the months and months of ‘they need to sell those games to the PS user base for the acquisition to work’.

If anything the opposite has now happened on GAF and the consensus is that Fallout and TES have always been shit, Doom is bollocks, Wolfenstein is tramp piss, Prey is arse and every Bathesda game is a 30 on Metacritic.

Zenimax's holdings were different from Bethesda Studios games.

I remember that.

How Obsidian is SOOOOOOO much better and they are the REAL Fallout guys and that they will outshine Elder Scrolls....

Funny times.
Woah woah woah. Obsidian did make a much better Fallout game.

TheMan

hopefully elite dangerous odyssey can scratch the itch till this comes out. Still considering star citizen too but I’d almost feel guilty contributing to that scheme

splattered

Come on guys, Sony wouldn't have tried to buy exclusivity of this game if it was just a glorified Unity or UE engine demo. This game is going to be amazing. I'm hoping for a cross between Mass Effect and Fallout or Skyrim and looks like that's what we may be getting. Can't wait!

I would love, if they'd drop a bomb like with F4. Show the first trailer and release 5 months later. Don't know why, but have a fuzzy good feeling this might be amazing and compete with Cyberpunk for GOTY.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Wouldn't know, I don't own consoles. I just remember seeing the hate well before they buyout. Pretty much after FO76 bombed. It's pretty great game now.

Zenimax's holdings were different from Bethesda Studios games.

Woah woah woah. Obsidian did make a much better Fallout game.
Bathesda Game Studios last 4 mainline games before Fallout 76, in reverse order;

Fallout 4 - 88 Metacritic
Skyrim - 96 Metacritic
Fallout 3 - 93 Metacritic
Oblivion - 94 Metacritic

And you said ‘all of a sudden Bathesda doesn’t suck because MS bought them’... well like, no? They don’t suck, they’re actually one of the best developers in the history of the industry.

Irobot82

Bathesda Game Studios last 4 mainline games before Fallout 76, in reverse order;

Fallout 4 - 88 Metacritic
Skyrim - 96 Metacritic
Fallout 3 - 93 Metacritic
Oblivion - 94 Metacritic

And you said ‘all of a sudden Bathesda doesn’t suck because MS bought them’... well like, no? They don’t suck, they’re actually one of the best developers in the history of the industry.
I never said they weren't good. Try some better reading comprehension or ask for clarification next time. I enjoy BGS games for the most part. 181 Hours on Skyrim, 99.9 on Fallout 4 etc.

I am noting a shift in temperament on this forum. That's all.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
OMG you guys, here's another leak, please be excited!

QGhVNfd.jpg

Seriously, this game could be amazing, but there's nothing of interest in these so called "leaks". Honestly it's just obnoxious until we get a trailer, or learn more about the gameplay.

I never said they weren't good. Try some better reading comprehension or ask for clarification next time. I enjoy BGS games for the most part. 181 Hours on Skyrim, 99.9 on Fallout 4 etc.

I am noting a shift in temperament on this forum. That's all.
Wasn’t the whole uproar around bethesda getting bought related to the fact that everybody loves their games?

another thing I can say now since Grubb just said it: Starfield 2022 (probs Q1) <-- this is not 100% though, we'll likely find out soon™

I have zero issues if Starfield comes in the first half of 2022 (Q1 even). Imagine a big Bethesda game with an unheard of (for Bethesda) amount of polish at launch. I’m guessing the heads of Bethesda are probably tired of the “Bethesda jank” jokes….and I think they are only too happy to take advantage of the resources of MS to fine tune this game. Personally, I’d be shocked if Starfield launched in anything other than a very refined state. Everyone over at Xbox knows how important it is that this game be as great as it can be.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Wasn’t the whole uproar around bethesda getting bought related to the fact that everybody loves their games?

Don't you remember the Don't Believe His Lies meme's after FO76 with relation to Todd. Pretty much after that people shit hard on BGS like somehow they always sucks.,

Things like.

Old ass Gambryo Engine
Bugthesda
Jank Animation
Jank Physics
all the games look old even when they come out.

Y'all got amnesia or some shit?

Wondering how it'll look in motion, character animations are generally awful in Bethesda games.

Case in Point

No worries

I'm fine. But thanks for the concern peasant

I'm so far removed from worrying about what games come out on what, I always forget how territorial console warriors get.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
OMG you guys, here's another leak, please be excited!

QGhVNfd.jpg

Seriously, this game could be amazing, but there's nothing of interest in these so called "leaks". Honestly it's just obnoxious until we get a trailer, or learn more about the gameplay.
Now that looks promising.

Riky

$MSFT
This has got to be E3, hopefully be released this year but if it's Spring 2022 that will be fine as more people will be able to get consoles.

iJudged

Banned
Nice flex mate, we were talking about Bathesda Game Studios in comparison to PS, and you’ve posted a pic of your PC because? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Because you’ll be playing Bathesda games on PC? Despite thinking they’re shit? I’m seriously confused :messenger_tears_of_joy:
say no more, heres a gif of my lawn mower

Don't you remember the Don't Believe His Lies meme's after FO76 with relation to Todd. Pretty much after that people shit hard on BGS like somehow they always sucks.,

Things like.

Old ass Gambryo Engine
Bugthesda
Jank Animation
Jank Physics
all the games look old even when they come out.

Y'all got amnesia or some shit?

Case in Point

I'm so far removed from worrying about what games come out on what, I always forget how territorial console warriors get.
No I don’t remember that. I wasn’t paying attention - all I know is that most people like their games and always have. Maybe there’s a few outspoken individuals who shit on them (as they do on everything - BOTW, Red Dead, GTA, etc) but I’d imagine the general consensus has always been they are awesome.

EDIT: I also don’t care about the platform they are on. I have all platforms - Bethesda does have janky games I guess but they usually make up for that with being amazing (though I didn’t play 76)

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Nice flex mate, we were talking about Bathesda Game Studios in comparison to PS, and you’ve posted a pic of your PC because? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Because you’ll be playing Bathesda games on PC? Despite thinking they’re shit? I’m seriously confused :messenger_tears_of_joy:
you ask for it, now go on and compare naug... no media molecule is enough to use (Metacritic LMFAO) as a barometer of a better studios

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Its not trolling to call a spade a spade
Fallout 76 is an amazing game now though; became that way less than a year after release IMO.

Which sucks.. it's a failure to release something worthwhile... and should be criticized.

But the game is available for super cheap and fucking rocks.. so much more fun than stuff like Destiny to me.

Hopefully MS encourages Bethesda to keep their games in the oven a bit longer and expand testing.. but in the end, their games are really complex with all of the branching and state management they do. Fallout 4 for instance is a living world of tons of things being simulated constantly, and you can have over a dozen bases built in the game... and tons of variety of who you maybe killed or not, people moving around, etc. Makes something like GTA V from a simulation standpoint look like pong, as all they simulate is basically what is on screen or slightly off screen.. as do many open world games (all of the Sony ones for instance.)

I don't think they get enough credit.. their newer games actually look pretty damn good too w/o mods.

But yes, Todd Howard produced a failure to launch well game for sure. But even that game turned out amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom