• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield leak May 14, 2021

iHaunter

Again and something that either I didn't get an answer or totally forgot it but what contract do you think they signed that Bethesda wouldn't be able to get out of?
The same thing they signed for Deathloop. Though Microsoft has enough money, they may not even care. There may not even be a contract, I just assume because the game has been in development for a while. We'll know for sure at E3 I hope.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Like I said earlier today no interest in this game so far. I'll wait for reviews before I even buy another title from this company.

iQuasarLV

So, serious queston.

Is it okay to assume, at this point, expectations of Skyrim game mechanics in space? All I know for certain at this point is the name.

lefty1117

Gold Member
I wouldn't worry about it for PS only gamers. I'm sure it will go to playstation after 4 or 5 years, once it goes the skyrim route and starts getting ported to every platform

FrankWza

I wouldn't worry about it for PS only gamers. I'm sure it will go to playstation after 4 or 5 years, once it goes the skyrim route and starts getting ported to every platform
It won’t. But within that time xbox service will be available on most internet connected devices. You’ll probably be able to play it on Apple tv by that time or on a tablet if you don’t have a pc. If you have a game you need to play just sub for a month or two and play. You might even be able to use a dualsense to play it.

SSfox

If the gameplay won't be as clucky as most Beth RPG then it may do it. It will also be interesting to see how MS acquirement will affect the level of polish and quality of Beth studios.

Andodalf

Banned
lightning video game physics GIF

fallout 4 glitches GIF

Sure pal. Sure.

Wow dude TWO GLITCHES???? DAAAAMNNNNN BTFO!!!!!! Then em being completely unique games with no comparison means nothing now!!!!!!! Sick!!!!!!!

reksveks

The same thing they signed for Deathloop. Though Microsoft has enough money, they may not even care. There may not even be a contract, I just assume because the game has been in development for a while. We'll know for sure at E3 I hope.
Deahtloop is a timed exclusives but that's doesn't seem to be the case for Starfield.
Lets just wait for 5 weeks and we should know.

Last edited:
Gaaah I want a trailer!
Looking good though, clean and nice materials and lighting. Skyrim is one of my favorite games of all time so I would be fine with Skyrim in space but I understand that this is way more than that. Third person can be hit or miss though, depends how well it’s animated. Hopefully they have the choice to play it in first person. Could be GOAT if it can be played in VR on PC through Oculus Quest 2.

We don’t even know if it’s exclusive to Xbox and PC, might be one of their first or best titles they talked about. I wish people could just be excited about this long awaited new IP from one of the biggest RPG devs without thinking about console war for once.
It's exclusive, just embrace it as you'll only be disappointed. I think Microsoft are the only platform owner who would release it on other systems but this game is going to be enormous. They need this to drive Gamepass subs, that's why it's not coming to PS unfortunately.

Fredrik

It's exclusive, just embrace it as you'll only be disappointed. I think Microsoft are the only platform owner who would release it on other systems but this game is going to be enormous. They need this to drive Gamepass subs, that's why it's not coming to PS unfortunately.
I have a XSX so I’ll be there either way but I just think it’s sad to see silly console war cloud all the talk that would otherwise be 100% hype. The game will come to PC too, and it’ll 100% be better there like all Bethesda games, and PS fans are more likely to have a PC than Xbox fans anyway, so the war barely makes sense in my opinion. I would play it on xcloud if I had no other option, Bethesda is starting a new RPG IP!

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
looks like one of those indie games that use alot of available assets on steam.

BootsLoader

Banned
To be honest. This better be an exclusive game. Sony needs some quality competition right now (I hope Bethesda put some effort to not have so many bugs). If it’s a very very good game I’ll probably play it on PC or stream it (if available for streaming). I remember buying a second hand Xbox 360 just to play Alan Wake back in the day.

oldergamer

This is the game sony tried to buy exclusivity on but was denied due to the purchase by MS. Spencer told us they don't need to be on PlayStation as a platform to be profitable.

So looking forward to seeing this and other games for this year.

Kazza

I agree here. I'm not liking these screenshots at all. They look like old tech.

3 whole pages later, and still no backlash against this provocative statement? Come on XboxGaf, get to it, SonyGaf would never put up with that! Sony and Xbox exclusive game threads really are night and day...

VFXVeteran offers scathing criticism of a highly anticipated exclusive in an Xbox thread:

iu

VFXVeteran points out that, while said PS5 exclusive looks great, maybe it's not quite up to Pixar/RTX3090 quality in a Sony exclusive thread:

iu

Gaelyon

Gold Member
It's well done but so generic. The DA is bland to me, but it still could be a good game and i like SF. But there's no way i'm buying this on day one, like for Cyberpunk, i'll wait for a year to get a bugs fixed version.

Larlight

Doesn't fit with how Todd Howard likes to do things. He doesn't like showing games at four different E3s before releasing. I kind of buy the rumor that it was going to release last year, but was pushed due to COVID and has been in polish mode for the last few months.

Bethesda and polish? HA

Last edited:

Starfield

I agree here. I'm not liking these screenshots at all. They look like old tech.
Those were from an early 2018 build (around May I believe), back then they didn't finish their engine upgrades yet.

They still look good imo even from a 3 year old build with lots of missing tech

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I don’t yet have a solid familiarity with the populace here, but your forum handle caught my eye. Are you somehow “in the know” concerning Starfield to the point that I should place some credence to the validity of your opinion above?

If you are just a fan like the rest of us, that’s cool too. (y)
It's Todd Howard.

Neo Blaster

NOTE: This is from the SAME leak that happened last year. These images just haven't been posted before. Everything you see here is from a 2018 build.

Should Mods feel the need to delete this thread because of SPAM you can find all of the newly leaked images in my old thread. I felt like creating a new one since these all leaked today.

oDawFAW.jpg

gITn8vl.png

rHkgwt4.jpg

UQk7iPr.png

mDoYQwp.jpg

5DC27Z4.jpg

AZyStfm.png

nzDfZsW.png

image0.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Definitely not impressed.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Those were from an early 2018 build (around May I believe), back then they didn't finish their engine upgrades yet.

They still look good imo even from a 3 year old build with lots of missing tech
I'm looking for more detail in the textures and a much more "filled" scene. I'm not sure what Bethesda's graphics engine feature but I hope it's brought to current like many other engines. We'll see more. I definitely look forward to a trailer of some sort.

Starfield

I'm looking for more detail in the textures and a much more "filled" scene. I'm not sure what Bethesda's graphics engine feature but I hope it's brought to current like many other engines. We'll see more. I definitely look forward to a trailer of some sort.
I know they've implemented vulkan but I got no clue what that means for the engine in general.
I know they've been working on a completely new layered material system for Starfield aswell. Theres more but i cant find my notes rn

SDMG

As of 2021, Starfield would have been in development for 5 years. Todd Howard state back in a 2019 interview that at that time they were already 3 1/2 years in on development. So there is a chance the game could drop this year.

Starfield

As of 2021, Starfield would have been in development for 5 years. Todd Howard state back in a 2019 interview that at that time they were already 3 1/2 years in on development. So there is a chance the game could drop this year.
no chance

Ok, as far as wall shots go that is pretty damned nice. Can only imagine what the planetary vistas will look like from the bridge of your ship.

I expect to fail miserably in terms of keeping my hype levels down leading up to the Starfield reveal. Thing is, has it even been 100% confirmed that Starfield WILL be at E3?

Starfield

Ok, as far as wall shots go that is pretty damned nice. Can only imagine what the planetary vistas will look like from the bridge of your ship.

I expect to fail miserably in terms of keeping my hype levels down leading up to the Starfield reveal. Thing is, has it even been 100% confirmed that Starfield WILL be at E3?
16 times the rendering distance (which is actually true in case of Fallout 4 --> 76 lol)

Last edited:
Top Bottom