• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Leaks Thread - If we can't stop the leaks...might as well join them

Andodalf

Banned
Obsidian is gonna be working on Fallout while Bethesda is working on TES.

I don’t think Obsidian wants to. They’re working on Grounded, A non violent RPG, Avowed, and more Outer Worlds. If They work on fallout it’s probably years away from even entering production.

cc5a89e20505cf70b9b7466a6f029fd4.gif

Hopefully you can acquire Xbox or PC in near future.
I'm actually considering Xbox Series S but there is such precious little information about this console and the games running on it that i'm in a 'wait and see' state currently. Reason for Series S is PS5 is sold out along with Series X and my PS4 Pro noise pisses me off greatly.

Only thing we have so far for Series S is Dirt 5 gameplay running at 120FPS.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I'm actually considering Xbox Series S but there is such precious little information about this console and the games running on it that i'm in a 'wait and see' state currently.

Only thing we have so far for Series S is Dirt 5 gameplay running at 120FPS.
I was just trolling, you know. Anyway I hope that MS do some hands-on with Series S, because it would be bullshit if they only do X, because despite everything I think Series S is going to be second console for a lot of people....

Elysion

Banned
As I said in another thread, this doesn’t seem to be a space opera with sexy aliens to seduce, but rather a first contact scenario. It might be like Fallout in space, and you have human factions like colonists and space pirates with whom you interact, while the aliens are a new and mysterious threat that has just started to appear on humanity’s radar (the tv show 'The Expanse' might be another analogy). Since technology in the game doesn’t seem to be too advanced, but rather something we might expect within this century, it’s possible that the game takes place inside our solar system, and not in another star system or galaxy.

I was just trolling, you know. Anyway I hope that MS do some hands-on with Series S, because it would be bullshit if they only do X, because despite everything I think Series S is going to be second console for a lot of people....
Yeah i was having a slight dig myself by saying it looks like shit lol. Was just interested to see who's going to bite.

I'm surprised the Series S has been left out of most media coverage so far and I have posted before the reason for maybe getting one. Saving money due to GamePass as i got my photography hobby eating up all the funds now lol. Waiting on tripod and camera cage orders now. I'm poor. You'll find me sleeping under a bridge soon.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah i was having a slight dig myself by saying it looks like shit lol. Was just interested to see who's going to bite.

I'm surprised the Series S has been left out of most media coverage so far and I have posted before the reason for maybe getting one. Saving money due to GamePass as i got my photography hobby eating up all the funds now lol. Waiting on tripod and camera cage orders now. I'm poor. You'll find me sleeping under a bridge soon.
Oh if you don't mind, post some pictures in some thread tho. I hope that they are going to show XSS. And that it looks like shit, I agree, however I think that it does not matter, it's small so you can throw it behind the TV : )

As I said in another thread, this doesn’t seem to be a space opera with sexy aliens to seduce, but rather a first contact scenario. It might be like Fallout in space, and you have human factions like colonists and space pirates with whom you interact, while the aliens are a new and mysterious threat that has just started to appear on humanity’s radar (the tv show 'The Expanse' might be another analogy). Since technology in the game doesn’t seem to be too advanced, but rather something we might expect within this century, it’s possible that the game takes place inside our solar system, and not in another star system or galaxy.

While you lost me at sexy aliens, I pushed through your post and can only conclude that what you describe is likely much better than what's actually being made.

First contact scenarios can be boring, though, and honestly, if it was like the Expanse, it would be too slow to be fun for a game. I actually appreciated Mass Effect's take on "humans are the hottest thing in the galaxy, you're second class citizens and nobody trusts you" I thought at least was interesting.

SoraNoKuni

I have totally missed this, the announcement and the whole hype train just went unnoticed by me. Or is it hyped now because of the acquisition?

Anyways, nice I guess.

LarknThe4th

Didnt know there was additional leaks after the first screenshot

Looks kind of like 2001 Space Oddysee

All that bright white and shiny metal

Top Bottom