• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Leaks Thread - If we can't stop the leaks...might as well join them

Starfield

So basically a Bethesda Game Studios employee accidentally leaked images on the internet in some art station or something. Oops

source:

xmKCwm5.png

some form of faction logo. Looks similar to the coloured logo thats been leaked already

jZWEA9D.png

some form of whitebox/greybox building sets

K0NFL2a.png

Nothing to get hyped about but hey, its something.
The dev deleted his account now.

I "suspect" there is going to be more leaks in the near future. *cough* marketing campaign *cough*

edit: bonus pic (lol - literally just got leaked on a discord while typing this)

20201001_125356.jpg

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Are these even really leaks?

Who gives a rat's ass about one or two concept images or game assets? I'm really excited about this game, but seeing these pieces trickle out does nothing for me. If the leaks are just random unfinished looking assets does that mean we are still years out? Have there been any substantial leaks about gameplay or interesting features?

Starfield

Who gives a rat's ass about one or two concept images or game assets? I'm really excited about this game, but seeing these pieces trickle out does nothing for me. If the leaks are just random unfinished looking assets does that mean we are still years out? Have there been any substantial leaks about gameplay or interesting features?
well, there's only been one teaser from 2018 so far...so yes, they are leaks. Everything that wasn't intended to be shown is technically a leak. How'd people react to a leak of Elden Ring, like a sword or armour or something?

Perrott

Gold Member

There's a ton of exciting details to be found in this images, like the survival mechanics tied to the HUD elements or the overall tone of the game and it's art direction. We know way more about Starfield now than we did a week ago.

kingpotato

well, there's only been one teaser from 2018 so far...so yes, they are leaks. Everything that wasn't intended to be shown is technically a leak. How'd people react to a leak of Elden Ring, like a sword or armour or something?
Bro, Starfield is real and will actually be released. Don't tease like that.

There's a ton of exciting details to be found in this images, like the survival mechanics tied to the HUD elements or the overall tone of the game and it's art direction. We know way more about Starfield now than we did a week ago.
tenor.gif

Thanks I needed a good laugh today.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
That space man looks like a bootleg Master Chief.

I'm really uninteresting in building settlements in space, and that's exactly what these screenshots look like they're from. Hopefully it's not too much longer until we hear something about Starfield. Although, I'm not going to hold my breath after the disaster of Fallout 76, and the letdown of Fallout 4.

MrS

Banned
We've heard nothing since its announcement. MS come in and within 2 weeks we've had 3 leaks. What the fuck is going on here?

kuncol02

Banned
I like what we saw for now. It have enough realism for now to not be fantasy in space cough mass effect and still looks SciFi enought. Kind of like Star Citizen or remnants of Golden Age of Humanity in Destiny (arcology, colony ships, moon base).
I know it will probably be bug and jank fest like every Bethesda game, but for some reason I'm excited to see more of it.

Fuz

Banned
I'm getting the feeling it won't be an open world like TES series. Interesting though.

kingpotato

Is that all that you're gonna say? Why not go to 4chan if that's the average level of the shit you're gonna post?
My bad, I assumed you understood that game development was an iterative process. All that information you "gleaned" from a WIP UI element means jack at this stage. Developers often place that stuff to get a sense of the layout as much as anything. Of course I could be way off base. At this point I would be more interested in a 4chan style leak where they make outrageous claims about the systems in the game, but to each their own. FWIW I did think what you wrote was hilarious, that wasn't me being disingenuous.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Why would you get a "vertical slice" (what an unsufferable bullshit white collar term)? You're not a producer or publisher?
I mean.....Just about every developer in the world gives vertical slices to the public usually at least a year before release. Naughty Dog, Bethesda, Insomniac, CDPR, I mean...just about everybody gives vertical slices to the public, not just producers or publishers.

I just hope it's interesting, space as an idea for a setting is interesting but if there's nothing but blackness and silver space ships, then it's going to make for a pretty boring game.

That aside, my concerns are two fold:

• Bog-standard FPS with no magic, tech or anything over than guns
  • This is replaced by Outer Worlds 2, or visa versa. Can both OW and Starfield exist in the same setting, in the same genre?

Albion

Outer worlds was a standard open world fetch quest rpg. I think Starfield is aiming for something much higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom