• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield. What's up? Still 15+ months out, what are your expectations, your wishes

Artistic

rpg wise it will be more closer to Morrowind/Oblivion than Skyrim/Fallout 4. Which means it'll be more focused on character building and has more rpg systems in place rather than being a more casual approach.

At the start of the game for example you can choose your character's background.
Never played a Elder Scrolls game, so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing lol.

b0uncyfr0

We know nothing - its still a year and a half away. That's normal.

Let's be honest here, its Bethesda. This could come out amazing (which im very skeptical about) or more likely a POS. They havent exactly been keeping consumers interest's at heart lately because lying = making money.
I'm not setting any expectations for Bethesda, i dont wanna get disappointing.

If youre smart, you wont pre-order like an idiot either.

Last edited:

JCK75

I'm going to need to see more than I have to even begin to form an opinion..
I love dark fantasy of Elder Scrolls, I like Fallout a lot but less so.. but what I've seen of SF looks so sterile and uninteresting.
I mean if they get really creative with the alien life it could be amazing but all I've seen so far is a boring looking shuttle on a empty rock surface.

Fredrik

I’m perfectly fine with this…

fxbvVNa.jpg

…in space.

I know it’ll be difficult to get there but that’s the only wish I have.

odhiex

I have no idea, but I hope it is good. I also have a feeling that this game gonna have lots of post launch contents or maybe a GAAS model.

Starfield

I'd like a story where you really feel like part of the world, not the usual "chosen-one has to save the galaxy" bullshit.
In the E3 2021 teaser trailer you can see a piece of paper on the navigation table. That piece of paper is an urgent communique from UC, United Colonies warning about a pirate named Jolly Rogers who is a member of the Crimson Fleet. If you see anyone using her symbol you are allowed to shoot them on sight.

This piece of paper was written by UC Fleet Amdiral Pascual Logan from MAST (Military , Administrative and Scientific Triumvirate).

Which is located in New Atlantis, Planet Jemison inside the Alpha Centauri star system.

In the trailer the ship's navigation computer is set enroute to Jemison. You can even hear the guy saying "Jemison route is clear".

...what I'm trying to say is, there will be multiple factions to join and quest at beside the main story.

And I doubt you're "the hero" like in Skyrim. You choose your own background at the beginning of the game.

When it comes to this game, trust me...I'll be the best source you can find anywhere, besides actual devs themselves (who can't spoil the game anyways due to NDA)

something for your consideration:

Plan of dreams
with stars

(one day this slogan might become familiar)

I do wonder how bgs's new office looks like which they'll be soon using

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I just hope they found a nice way to blend space exploration with an open world kind of gameplay as opposed to many bland worlds with space travel cut scenes when you transition from one to another.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
In the E3 2021 teaser trailer you can see a piece of paper on the navigation table. That piece of paper is an urgent communique from UC, United Colonies warning about a pirate named Jolly Rogers who is a member of the Crimson Fleet. If you see anyone using her symbol you are allowed to shoot them on sight.

This piece of paper was written by UC Fleet Amdiral Pascual Logan from MAST (Military , Administrative and Scientific Triumvirate).

Which is located in New Atlantis, Planet Jemison inside the Alpha Centauri star system.

In the trailer the ship's navigation computer is set enroute to Jemison. You can even hear the guy saying "Jemison route is clear".

...what I'm trying to say is, there will be multiple factions to join and quest at beside the main story.

And I doubt you're "the hero" like in Skyrim. You choose your own background at the beginning of the game.

When it comes to this game, trust me...I'll be the best source you can find anywhere, besides actual devs themselves (who can't spoil the game anyways due to NDA)

something for your consideration:

Plan of dreams
with stars

(one day this slogan might become familiar)

I do wonder how bgs's new office looks like which they'll be soon using
Jeremy Soule doing the music?

ARK1391

I fully expect another buggy mess from Todd Howard's "premiere" AAA team at Bethesda. Probably several videos showing the exact same bugs and glitches from Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Also paid mods to fix everything they didn't/couldn't.

I really hope I'm wrong though. AAA, and Xbox, could use a win from these guys.

Starfield

Why would you want anything resembling Andromeda?
fun fact, both the Tempest from Andromeda and the Frontier ship in Starfield have a climbable ladder which only lets you climb via playing an unskippable animation.

also theres a company in Starfield which has a logo similar to the Andromeda Iniatitive Logo

(not surprising givne one of the lead character designers of Andromeda worked as a designer for Starfield)

Starfield

Plan of dreams with stars

Cydonia military are some mean mofo's

Kreet isn't going to be a nice place.

Mega cities? I prefer to live on mega satellites. You know, go on vacation to some planet, drive around in little rover, build a nice colony later...etc

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Plan of dreams with stars

Cydonia military are some mean mofo's

Kreet isn't going to be a nice place.

Mega cities? I prefer to live on mega satellites. You know, go on vacation to some planet, drive around in little rover, build a nice colony later...etc
Mega satellites. Rovers. Colony construction.

I like the sound of that.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a epic game spanning multiple worlds and a huge amount of customisation for your ship and weapons etc Space battles as you travel between worlds. Immense freedom and many ways to complete the missions.

Markio128

I‘m keeping my expectations in check because for Bethesda to meet some of the examples above would require a massive undertaking for it not to be a complete bug-fest.

Personally, I’m not expecting manual space travel, but a similar structure to Mass Effect. In fact, I am expecting Bethesda’s version of Mass Effect.

MrA

Banned
(not surprising givne one of the lead character designers of Andromeda worked as a designer for Starfield)
That's not encouraging

I’m perfectly fine with this…

fxbvVNa.jpg

…in space.

I know it’ll be difficult to get there but that’s the only wish I have.
I miss the days before everything got review bombed and the user reviews actually had merit
But I do look forward to Starfield being a great game with great reviews and millions of copies sold then snobs on the Internet claiming
1. It's garbage like worse than two world's or Ultima 9 garbage
Or
2. People only buy it for the mods (this was great as it ignores the millions of copies it sold on ps3, 360 and assumes most (all?) pc players modded the game

Irobot82

That's not encouraging

I miss the days before everything got review bombed and the user reviews actually had merit
But I do look forward to Starfield being a great game with great reviews and millions of copies sold then snobs on the Internet claiming
1. It's garbage like worse than two world's or Ultima 9 garbage
Or
2. People only buy it for the mods (this was great as it ignores the millions of copies it sold on ps3, 360 and assumes most (all?) pc players modded the game
It would seem that a site like that could require you to sync you gaming account, being PS, MS, Steam etc and not let you review a game unless you had it in your ownership list.

Fredrik

It would seem that a site like that could require you to sync you gaming account, being PS, MS, Steam etc and not let you review a game unless you had it in your ownership list.
Yeah and minimum 2 hours played so you can’t buy to review bomb and then refund.

Improve dialogue system. CDPR is the king of fp dialogue after cp 2077, seriously go back to fallout 4 and see how stilted the dialogue is and compare that to cp 2077. Night and day.
No more loading into the god damn dungeon everytime, tech has advanced, you have an ssd now. Use it to make seemless levels. For the love of god if i have to transition into a 4 by 4 room after free roaming space i will lose it.

Arcadialane

I hope we are born in space, and discover it along with the MC, and eventually visit earth which is the alien planet to us in this context

Laptop1991

To be a good singleplayer experience with full modding support, like the games they use to make, i'm not bothered about bugs as long as the mod comminity is allowed to still fix them, there's always bugs with a BGS game lol.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I can't wait to play it 2yrs after release when the modding community have turned it into something truly spectacular

Bartski

Gold Member
I really like the whole infrastructure building ( base and vehicles) and getting NPCs to join as staff on such scale. Very interesting. I’m worried about 1000 times the planet and janky combat, not expecting it to be great just good enough to support the game as an RPG. Definitely giving it a shot once it’s out.

I really like the whole infrastructure building ( base and vehicles) and getting NPCs to join as staff on such scale. Very interesting. I’m worried about 1000 times the planet and janky combat, not expecting it to be great just good enough to support the game as an RPG. Definitely giving it a shot once it’s out.
I thought the shooting looked pretty decent, the 1000 planets was really surprising, out of those how many are genuinely used for story based mission? This has the potential to become bigger than Skyrim.

Dev1lXYZ

What we want is Skyrim 2.0 in space. What we are going to get is probably something on par with The Outer Worlds.

What we want is Skyrim 2.0 in space. What we are going to get is probably something on par with The Outer Worlds.
The writing in Starfield won't come close to the Outer Worlds, and I say that as someone who found Outer Worlds decent, but ultimately repetitive in its exploration of politics and capitalism.

Top Bottom