• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starship Troopers will get a Survival RTS game in 2020....and it doesn't look so bad actually

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Someone get the Terminator Resistance devs to do a Starship Troopers FPS.

They can find their niche making budget games based on badass action films.

Man this brings me back, I remember playing a Starcraft mod in 1998 or something that was just wave after wave.. it was intense. I'd play this though.

mcz117chief

I love Terran Ascendancy. One of my favorite games from the early 2000s, I still use the sound files and briefings when I run Starship Trooper pen and paper RPGs. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Starship Troopers.

edit: hmm, looks ok at best. I was hoping for some actual Mobile Infantry :( Glad to see they at least added a ton of stuff from the third movie like the big scorpions with plasma tails and marauder suits. Still, I wish they added some vehicles for the MI or actual freaking MOBILE INFANTRY! But then again they would be ridiculously overpowered compared to the movie bugs.

The first person shooter was quite good too, with tons of enemies on screen and cool models.

It is pretty glitchy but I re-played it recently and it is still a ton of fun.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

giphy.gif

mcz117chief

Gameplay? Like... afk gameplay?
Yeah lol, you said it :D It is published by Slitherine whos games are usually meh at best but occasionally they do drop a good game (Order of Battle WW2, W40k Armageddon, Carrier Deck). So maybe we will get lucky and this one will actually be one of the better ones.

Last edited:

ViolentP

Yo. What took so fucking long?

"I'm from Buenos Ayrees, and I say kill'em all!"

EDIT: I'll buy 2 copies if I get the option to "Yes Sir!" with the tone of longing Rico shares in the movie...

Last edited:

Jinroh

The Starship Troopers game released on PC eons ago was really solid, I would they would remake it.

This new game looks awfully average.

Inviusx

Might be a hit of they get a decent budget. Their only other game as."Very Positive" reviews Steam.

Monitoring this one now.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Came across the movie on TV recently on a random weeknight, and ill be damned if I didn't watch the whole thing. CGI effects really hold up well.

H4ze

I liked the FPS game we had many years ago, cool models, many bugs on screen and so on.
Would love to see a good Starship Troopers FPS with modern techniques.

To the everlasting glory of the Infantry !

Top Bottom