• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting a new game from scratch on Twitch - come learn and/or help me!

nakedeyes

Banned
I hope it's ok to post a topic for this, but I want to get some fellow gamers to come check out me building this game from scratch on Twitch ( and hopefully even help create it )! I have a couple days off and a little idea for a game I want to build.

I think this will be cool for people who either:
  • Want to learn how to build a game from someone who has done this a bunch before.
  • Want to watch something cool on Twtich and help influence how the game is made!

I have a basic idea: A Top Down Sneak and Loot action game. I have no artist yet, but a few in mind and have a style in mind. I am going to be using Amazon's Lumberyard because it is totally free and I have some familiarity. I hope if this interests you, you will come check it out!:

https://www.twitch.tv/nakedeyeslive

I also feel this content will be better in YouTube form, and plan on putting it there ( so you can see it in a series ).. if this thread survives, I'll put a link to the youtube videos in here once they are up.

If this comes off as too advert-y.. then my apologies! And fell free to close the thread if necessary. I am just a dude who is excited about making games and want to put some pen to paper with this idea.

nakedeyes

Banned
Ended up streaming for 8.5+ hours! We got a basic player character, camera, and generated world setup going. Check out the archived video on my channel if you are interested!!

I plan on cutting them up slightly and putting them on YouTube. Ideally at least with time markers at the points where we make things happen. It is a bit hard to make content this long that is still interesting / useful. I am 100% open to suggestions!

Round 2 will likely be Thursday evening or Friday afternoon! Next up is: Super Simple AI and pathfinding!

Ended up streaming for 8.5+ hours! We got a basic player character, camera, and generated world setup going. Check out the archived video on my channel if you are interested!!

I plan on cutting them up slightly and putting them on YouTube. Ideally at least with time markers at the points where we make things happen. It is a bit hard to make content this long that is still interesting / useful. I am 100% open to suggestions!

Round 2 will likely be Thursday evening or Friday afternoon! Next up is: Super Simple AI and pathfinding!

awesome thanks - will check this out later

nakedeyes

Banned
Streaming again! Making a quick game in Unity with my buddy Tyler, to get him up to speed. This is a Game Makers Club Gaiden!! And does not effect the cannon of the original Game Makers club game I am making in LumberYard.

nakedeyes

Banned
Totally an awful way to communicate that I am doing this, but I am going live now with part 2! Working on building out the world and potentially new avatar controls

Top Bottom