• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STASIS - An isometric adventure game made by one man

Heh forgot about this game, which is odd since it was part of one of my early Kickstarter Picks for X Month articles. I should be more consistent then 3 random months each year >_>.

We got a short 'review' from one of the portals for an earlier alpha version of the game, and they seemed quite positive (they do a meta critic analysis and prediction as well, which was really interesting!)

But honestly I have no idea what the reaction will be! I just hope that people enjoy it and enjoy the story.

Im not sure 'we own the idea of spinny lighty generators' would quite hold up in court. :D

Happy to announce that STASIS will be available on launch day from both GOG.com and STEAM!

We will send out a survey before launch to ask which portal you prefer.

We also have a backer portal (its currently open to the BETA backers - but will be open to all before the release) where you will log in to get your keys and digital rewards.

Honestly, we may treat the BETA branch as a separate release. There are logistical reasons for it - but Ill have to do more research into it once we are up and running!

But the game isnt a massive download (in comparison to some other games I've played recently!)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Honestly, we may treat the BETA branch as a separate release. There are logistical reasons for it - but Ill have to do more research into it once we are up and running!

But the game isnt a massive download (in comparison to some other games I've played recently!)

Alrighty, cheers for the response. I'll enquire again closer to release. As much as I'm looking forward to the game, $100 for beta access is pricey, but that's a pill I'd be willing to swallow if the beta and full version are to be split across separate apps since I collect Steam games.

Mikeside

BETA keys will be out this weekend. :D

Exciting!

Out of interest, do you think this game would be playable on a touch screen?
I'm on a big Surface Pro kick right now & I've got GestureWorks Gameplay which means I can add some buttons onto an overlay for anything that wouldn't work on just touch. Do you think it'd be doable/

Corto

Awesome work Chris! And congratulations on finishing the game... can't wait to finally play it. Wish you all the luck.

It's nice reading half the first page before realizing it being 3 years old and then getting to fast speed forward to the release. :)

sounds interesting

Congratulations on gold hombre, really looking forward to the 1.0 release!!! Just in time for cooler weather around here... Might try to wait until Halloween to play but I doubt I'll last that long.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I regret missing the Kickstarter for this game. Great work Chris and Team. Love everything about this game.

PaulloDEC

Holy crap, a spooky, vaguely gothic, point-and-click adventure game with music by the same guy who did the music for Zork Nemesis, aka my favourite spooky, vaguely gothic, point-and-click adventure game? How did I not know this was happening?!

Very much paying attention to this one now.

PittaGAF

Any chance of a mobile version later? I'd love to play this on my iPad

I know the engine used was recently updated to let devs export to IOS easier, and I talked about it with Chris Bishop about this a year ago, the interface looks already suited to mobile (circular etc...).
But I was waiting a month past realease to start bothering him seriously :p

(I would LOVE to play this on iPad too, played the demo via splashtop and was glorious).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Oh god another end of august/early september release.

Feels like committing financial suicide at this point.

Let's see within like a 2 week window we got:
  • Final Fantasy Type 0
  • Zombi
  • Shadowrun Hong Kong
  • Satellite Reign
  • Mad Max
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Act of Aggression
  • Nobunaga's Ambition
  • Pillars of Eternity: The White March

... and now Stasis. Yikes.

Oh god another end of august/early september release.

Feels like committing financial suicide at this point.

Let's see within like a 2 week window we got:
  • Final Fantasy Type 0
  • Zombi
  • Shadowrun Hong Kong
  • Satellite Reign
  • Mad Max
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Act of Aggression
  • Nobunaga's Ambition
  • Pillars of Eternity: The White March

... and now Stasis. Yikes.
And Mike Bithell's Volume

Alric

Really cool looking Isometric Sci-fi Thriller. Can't wait to pick it up on GOG.

It has absolutely nothing in common but for some reason I started thinking of Overblood. I think I just want to play Overblood again. PEEEEEPPPPPPOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom