• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play leaker drops a date on "Part 1" - 02.09.2022

Varteras

Gold Member
Not sure if you've heard that there are 195 countries in the world. Looks like for some dumb reason only 5 of them don't put the month in the middle of the date:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country
No fucking way! You mean not everyone lives inside the United States?! That we don't have 8 billion people here? WOW! I thought the rest of the world was just a lifeless desert. Thanks for the lesson, teacher!

Zeroing

Banned
leaker twitter account that released full Sony State of Play schedule hours before the show and named the Kojima project in the making yesterday before it made the news droops a vague tweet on "Part 1".

TLOU Remake???

Maybe the guy is on Neogaf but nobody did not listen to him, so he decided to make a twitter account and voila, now ALL of you pay attention to what he writes ....

Zeroing

Banned
I have opened Pandora's Box and now it cannot be closed :messenger_grinning_sweat:
9NBFavC.gif

ParaSeoul

Normally take leakers with a grain of salt but that state of play leaker got everything right and it didn't even look like the usual guess work. If they get the Kojima game right then they're probably the first legit insider.

Varteras

Gold Member
I mean he did post the State of Play before it happened. Now about Roberto...he knows NOTHING.
Roberto, Rythian, and Foxy are total jokes. They know fuck all. They are the typical "I guessed right a couple times and now I push my luck" faux insiders. Like, they MIGHT have had a source at some point but holy hell. His lists for SGF and Xbox Showcase are too perfect. It feels like this recent State of Play elevated expectations for the rest of the month and he's feeding on that.

ACESHIGH

Banned
So you are telling me that PC gamers get:

Spiderman in August
TLOU in september
Miles morales potentially in October?

That's too good to be true. And we don't even have the uncharted release date, price or specs on steam. There was one rumour stating it was to be released in June. Maybe shadow drop incoming?

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Well we have 3 months to discover what cuckman et al did with Joel in the remake.... I'm shure he didnt change anything to appease his view of the world and what he considers good story telling for modern times. ...

ParaSeoul

So you are telling me that PC gamers get:

Spiderman in August
TLOU in september
Miles morales potentially in October?

That's too good to be true. And we don't even have the uncharted release date, price or specs on steam. There was one rumour stating it was to be released in June. Maybe shadow drop incoming?
People have to start looking at these like what they are,ports of old games and then the lack of build up for releases will make sense.

ParaSeoul

Does this necessarily refer to a release date though?

Playstation had their showcase around that time last year, it could be referring to it being announced then (i.e the date of the showcase)?
Yeah I'm thinking that will probably be it,I don't see it launching at the same time on PC.

bitbydeath

Normally take leakers with a grain of salt but that state of play leaker got everything right and it didn't even look like the usual guess work. If they get the Kojima game right then they're probably the first legit insider.
I don’t think anyone saw the post until after the state of play, the date stamp means nothing as the comments can be edited.

Lots of ‘insiders’ have tried that move before.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
This makes sense with the other thread. So looks like things are shifting. Part 1 remake with Factions release is September fall, and God of war is getting delayed probably until November/December or pushed into Q1 2023.

My only issue with that is Q1 2023 is literally packed with a fuck ton of high profile games from Capcom, Square, Microsoft. God of war would give them a big push if they could make a December release.

fermcr

It's always good news to have conferences/showcases from Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo or other developers...bring it on.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Someone pretended to be an insider not too long ago and showed how they tricked everyone by editing their posts.

It can be done.
They didn't do it by editing the posts they just did as many guesses and deleted the ones they got wrong. The state of play leaker did everything in a single tweet hours before the event. You can't edit on twitter.

ParaSeoul

They didn't do it by editing the posts they just did as many guesses and deleted the ones they got wrong. The state of play leaker did everything in a single tweet hours before the event. You can't edit on twitter.

The single tweet in question. I don't see a way for him to have pulled the usual fake leaker tricks with this. Fake leakers are normally vague and rarely give any solid answers.

bitbydeath

Didn’t he just add them all into a single post after the event, because that timestamp is set after.

The event was 3pm, it’s posted at 3:22pm, unless I’m missing something?

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Didn’t he just add them all into a single post after the event, because that timestamp is set after.

The event was 3pm, it’s posted at 3:22pm, unless I’m missing something?

Not for me. This tweet was posted 7:22am on June 2,for my timezone the state of play was at 12AM on June 3.

I think you misread the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom