• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play leaker drops a date on "Part 1" - 02.09.2022

cormack12

Gold Member
I swore I wouldn't buy this. Who am I kidding.

michael-scott-why-are-you-that-way-you-are.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wonder if those rumors that they changed parts of the game and the hospital parts are true. 🤔
wouldn't surprise me, ruin the original to fit the sequels narrative 🙄
I don't understand how, when the sequel itself shows part 1's flashback of that scene. Just gives one of the doctor's an agency.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't understand how, when the sequel itself shows part 1's flashback of that scene. Just gives one of the doctor's an agency.
They can change stuff throughout the game and in them parts excluding that flashback scene to change his motives or how you perceive it.
I mean when you played it you saw it as him protecting and saving Elle.
They can change that to be more of something else something more sadistic.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They can change stuff throughout the game and in them parts excluding that flashback scene to change his motives or how you perceive it.
I mean when you played it you saw it as him protecting and saving Elle.
They can change that to be more of something else something more sadistic.
That would be lame. Joel has no idea who that guy is, nor what they were working on, so it would be dumb to retcon that.

I don't think they will, but stranger things happen in current year.

Bartski

Gold Member
That would be lame. Joel has no idea who that guy is, nor what they were working on, so it would be dumb to retcon that.

I don't think they will, but stranger things happen in current year.
I think they'll likely just change his face to look like doctor Jerry, add those extra lines from tlou2 intro and that's it.

kyliethicc

Sure... but he did have the SoP to the T, a day before it aired, didn't he?
He posted a slightly wrongly ordered list of the games on the same day it aired (and in reverse chronological order idk why.)

Assuming he didn’t edit the tweet or fuck with the time/date.

Now imagine if I got an early look at the state of play, and now I want to troll people.

I’d just start posting random vague dates…

Last edited:

Calverz

I heard we might see the second coming of Christ tomorrow at games fest. Take with a pinch of salt though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

As I said take with a quarry full off salt with this guy.

But just imagine, if he got a good source that told him everything as he straight up knows everyone will think Serrano is talking out his ass lol 🤣

& Oh man, let's hope you don't have to end up eating your own ass 🤣🤣🤣

If true, call me slightly underwhelmed.

Tiamat2san

Hmmm Last of Us Remake on console and PC, February 9th?

Oops. Just saw 2022. So it's September 2nd, 2022. Damn Europeans lol
😂
Damn American with all your stupid measurements ( inches, foot, yards , miles , alligator, cow, pounds, oz …) why don’t you follow the rest of the world?

And for dates days are shorter than months that are shorter than years…
You know, something logical.

Kisses

Kerotan

Considering the various concepts of denoting time are man made, and that there is no inherent advantage in doing it one way or the other, in this case what makes sense is subjective. But I am thoroughly amused that this many people decided to weigh in on such a trivial topic over a joke. For every one American that thinks they're special you'll find two Europeans telling someone else they're not and they should do things like they do.
Bruh it's common sense. Day is smaller then month is smaller than year.

Kerotan

But not in counting...whe say in Europe (except the UK) for example in the Netherlands : Zes en zeventig (76). When you write that in English in would be six and seventy.
(Thats sounds wrong)🙄

But...in English it is Seventy Six (76)
So in counting is english the right way and whe are doing it the wrong way. What goes around comes around...😉
English came from German so it's basically English 2.0. you should look up the Irish language and see how things are said. Basically everything backwards like you'd see in a poem. Good luck learning it!

realcool

😂
Damn American with all your stupid measurements ( inches, foot, yards , miles , alligator, cow, pounds, oz …) why don’t you follow the rest of the world?

And for dates days are shorter than months that are shorter than years…
You know, something logical.

Kisses
regardless of how many meters or kilometers you drive, you're still on the wrong side of the road.

wHy DoN'T yOu FoLloW tHe ReST oF ThE WoRlD?

Varteras

Gold Member
Bruh it's common sense. Day is smaller then month is smaller than year.
Except it's not common sense. No more than telling someone who speaks a different language that their language is wrong and lacking common sense because the structure is different. You think your argument is rational but it's simply the way you were raised to think about time. You cannot actually point to any inherent advantage of one over the other. That is different than metric vs imperial where there is a clear advantage in that metric is uniform whereas imperial does not have consistent measurement sizes. Seriously it's wild. 12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. 5,280 feet in a mile. Wait... why don't we continue to measure in yards to get a mile? Why did we go back to feet? Hell if I know. The only time I hear yard used as a measurement is when the NFL is on. Not to mention the metric system is far more granular and able to take more precise measurements of distance or volume without resorting to fractions nearly as often.

In the case of dates, it is merely how you categorize an abstract concept to tell of a point in time that was, is, or will be. There is no advantage of going smallest to largest, largest to smallest, or any way between. Because without any way to show how one is better than the other, all you end up with is someone screaming, "Because I said so! Why can't you understand that my way makes more sense?!" If I had my way, we'd all do it day/month/year. For the sole purpose of uniformity across the globe. But I certainly wouldn't begrudge any country that refused or be arrogant enough to tell someone from Japan or China that they categorize their time wrong. Just as I wouldn't be arrogant enough to tell someone they drive on the wrong side of the road because most of the world drives on the right.

Last edited:
Faction/TLOUR, GOWR, or Kojima either one of those and I think i'm ok, but it's highly likely we won't get any of that lol
They all seem realistic to me. I not completely confident but I'm feeling it.

How could ND and Kojima not have something to show at this point? How can GoW a game that was originally announced as a 2021 game not make 2022?

I hate that Sony allowed things to get to this point, I honestly don't see the point of so much secrecy. Just let me know when I should expect it and delay it to a realistic date in case it misses the original date. You can't miss a release window by more than a year, that is unacceptable unless you have some very good reasons for it.

Last edited:
They all seem realistic to me. I not completely confident but I'm feeling it.

How could ND and Kojima not have something to show at this point? How can GoW a game that was originally announced as a 2021 game not make 2022?

I hate that Sony allowed things to get to this point, I honestly don't see the point of so much secrecy. Just let me know when I should expect it and delay it to a realistic date in case it misses the original date. You can't miss a release window by more than a year, that is unacceptable unless you have some very good reasons for it.

its really just about sony at this point. Will they toss Geoff a megaton reveal bone or save it for themselves for some distant-non existent state of play? hard to tell at this point

Lupin25

It seems to me…

God of War Ragnarök will release Q4 with a wide open window. It’s not like it will lose its sales advantage.

September 2nd… I don’t see this leaker OR Sony knowing exactly when their next showcase will be yet. They wouldn’t reveal this so soon.

I believe this will be The Last of Us Remake / Multiplayer that you all want, as we want to get the rest of these AAA cross-gen titles off the board THIS year (outside of MLB).

Last edited:

Kerotan

Except it's not common sense. No more than telling someone who speaks a different language that their language is wrong and lacking common sense because the structure is different. You think your argument is rational but it's simply the way you were raised to think about time. You cannot actually point to any inherent advantage of one over the other. That is different than metric vs imperial where there is a clear advantage in that metric is uniform whereas imperial does not have consistent measurement sizes. Seriously it's wild. 12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. 5,280 feet in a mile. Wait... why don't we continue to measure in yards to get a mile? Why did we go back to feet? Hell if I know. The only time I hear yard used as a measurement is when the NFL is on. Not to mention the metric system is far more granular and able to take more precise measurements of distance or volume without resorting to fractions nearly as often.

In the case of dates, it is merely how you categorize an abstract concept to tell of a point in time that was, is, or will be. There is no advantage of going smallest to largest, largest to smallest, or any way between. Because without any way to show how one is better than the other, all you end up with is someone screaming, "Because I said so! Why can't you understand that my way makes more sense?!" If I had my way, we'd all do it day/month/year. For the sole purpose of uniformity across the globe. But I certainly wouldn't begrudge any country that refused or be arrogant enough to tell someone from Japan or China that they categorize their time wrong. Just as I wouldn't be arrogant enough to tell someone they drive on the wrong side of the road because most of the world drives on the right.
Again you start with the smallest to the biggest. You go from second's to minutes to hours to days to months to year's to centuries. It's pretty self explanatory. So yes list the day followed by month then year. It's just simple.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
am_dateformat.gif

America was a mistake :messenger_smirking:

This took me a long-ass time to get used to after I moved to the US.

Fucking everywhere else in the world they use the DD/MM/YYYY format.

But 'Murica gotta 'Murica and pave its own way through the lava.

Top Bottom