• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Statistics on suspects killed during arrest

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I know its shocking but not all cops are White. I know who would of thought a country affirmitave action and Democrat run police stations wouldn't hire all white cops.

White v Non-white breakdown is pretty much even, so that means that only half of those people killed were killed by White cops, so its more like 1.5 people per 10K.

And don't say its about police brutality not white/black thing. If that Asian guy was on Floyds knee we wouldnt be having these riots (Unless he said Kung Flu).

BTW 31 blacks shot by cops this year. 235 total last year. 40 million blacks in the US.

Every black person protesting has a greater chance of dying from the CV than dying from a cop. Its more like .00005% chance of a black person getting shot by a cop. But ya all whites are racist all cops are racist, but dont you dare imply that black people should work on fixing the crime problem in your community thats racist!

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
numbers are racist, delete this.
Yeah. I think I saw a story a while back about math being racist.

Lol. Yep.

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com

Despite being killed at a higher rate:
No marches for white Americans killed
No hashtags
No console reveals canceled
No murals
No candle light vigils
No protests
Rarely any main stream media coverage
The false narrative that blacks Americans are constantly in fear for their lives of being shot by police the minute they step outside needs to stop.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Who knows if this guys's stat math is right, but if it is that's great analysis.

Goes to show how dumb people are in general. And a lot of this kind of data is public knowledge in the US.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States

No hashtags
No murals
No candle light vigils
No protests
The false narrative that blacks Americans are constantly in fear for their lives of being shot by police the minute they step outside needs to stop.
No breathing sounds on Nickelodeon.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
It's almost like we're being fed bad information by the media or something. Not sure yet. I'll go read some more WaPo and get back to you.
Please do tell us what you find. We are all depending on you.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

No hashtags
No murals
No candle light vigils
No protests
Look how easy it was to convince most of the world that if they step outside they will die from the plague known as COVID.

People will buy BS as long as its being sold to them and once that narrative sets in you can't change it.

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
What's the definition of "violent crime"? Is it this: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/topic-pages/violent-crime ?

If that's the case these statistics are misleading. Floyd's murder wouldn't fit the definition at all and wouldn't enter this statistic. Neither would the murder in Fergusson nor most of police incidents lethal or not. The protest is about excessive force for any crime, especially small crimes like drug possession or counterfeit bill where the numbers are potentially much more skewered.

Aug 21, 2018
What's the definition of "violent crime"? Is it this: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/topic-pages/violent-crime ?

If that's the case these statistics are misleading. Floyd's murder wouldn't fit the definition at all and wouldn't enter this statistic. Neither would the murder in Fergusson nor most of police incidents lethal or not. The protest is about excessive force for any crime, especially small crimes like drug possession or counterfeit bill where the numbers are potentially much more skewered.
If anything, I don't think police is brutal enough again criminals. In Chicago, we got police who can't do shit since they are surround by red tape. WE got district attorney who is super pro criminal and release them as fast as polsice arrest them.

Last edited:

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
If anything, I don't think police is brutal enough again criminals. In Chicago, we got police who can't do shit since they are surround by red tape. WE got district attorney who is super pro criminal and release them as fast as polsice arrest them.
All by design.

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
None of the statistics actually matter. What matters is the American black population views their racial identity as a primary, collective identity. They are a community. When one of their community is killed unjustly, it's like an attack on their whole community. Almost all American white people don't view their race as their primary identity. When a white person is killed unjustly, we don't rally together and view it as an attack on our collective racial group. Facts don't matter in this case, because it's not about facts.

Links: Pew Research

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Sure but I don't disagree but I suppose it's a different conversation. I also don't see how I'm moving goalposts... The Thread name is statistics on arrested suspects. The Tweet clearly states that the user cherry-picked "violent crimes" and pushed the idea of some form of equality. Violent crimes are a small percent of total crimes and arrests. Since the statistics are related to protests today in an effort to undermine the protests and "prove" the non-existence of racial bias it's important to understand how harmful these tweets are because they are irrelevant to the issues at hand, use misleading statistics to drive the narrative. (In before left-wing media does the same - we can make threads about those as well)

The better statistic which would be relevant to understand racial bias would be how were people of different races treated for weed possession, for alleged counterfeit bill usage as Floyd, for minor misdemeanor, resisting arrest, walking in a hoodie or running away from police, the events that happen much more often and led to the killings that motivated the unrests.

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
I guess the question would be, where do these numbers need to be for black lives to matter?

What are the actual goals that are trying to be achieved? It's got to be something more than a nebulous "end racism."

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
I guess the question would be, where do these numbers need to be for black lives to matter?

What are the actual goals that are trying to be achieved? It's got to be something more than a nebulous "end racism."
That's just it. There is no goal. Without racism, these groups no longer exist and they would have to actually take some responsibility for their shitty decisions in life. And they'd have to get jobs. The horror.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018
None of the statistics actually matter. What matters is the American black population views their racial identity as a primary, collective identity. They are a community. When one of their community is killed unjustly, it's like an attack on their whole community. Almost all American white people don't view their race as their primary identity. When a white person is killed unjustly, we don't rally together and view it as an attack on our collective racial group. Facts don't matter in this case, because it's not about facts.

Are you telling blacks are most racist?

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007

Seems like it would be really bad for the rest of the country if those White numbers shot up even to match that of Asians.

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Yeah. I think I saw a story a while back about math being racist.

Lol. Yep.

Pretty sure I’ve seen Peer Reviewed Journal Articles™ on queering math

• LOL
Reactions: Ryujin and Riven326

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
same here in my state. Our DA lets Antifa people out the same day they’re arrested with no charges.

• Triggered
Reactions: Shaqazooloo
Oct 26, 2018
The problem is killing black people who don't commit violent crime.

So it looks like about

Black 95
Native 53
Latino 52
Total 51
White 40
Asian/Islanders 14

So can anyone tell me how cops are racist or overly aggressive killing minorities when Asians on the scale are a fraction of the total avg and Whites. Asian females are so low I think that orange sliver means 1 per 100,000. I think it is literally 1 pixel wide on my screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: chocobomochi

MrA

Mar 9, 2020
So it looks like about

Black 95
Native 53
Latino 52
Total 51
White 40
Asian/Islanders 14

So can anyone tell me how cops are racist or overly aggressive killing minorities when Asians on the scale are a fraction of the total avg and Whites. Asian females are so low I think that orange sliver literally means 1 per 100,000.
nah man did you see Derek Chauvin was married to an Asian women, they're probably complicit in racism (though on an odd historical note, there were Chinese members of the KKK)

MrA

Mar 9, 2020
How about cops get their shit together?
Why not focusing on reducing crime rates among blacks instead? What are police supposed to do, not arrest people if they are taking dangerous combinations of drugs? Floyd was a smoker with pre-existing heart conditions that were both drunk and on fentanyl, fentanyl can easily stop you from breathing, Unless something more comes out, George Floyd's self-destructive drug use killed George Floyd.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Why not focusing on reducing crime rates among blacks instead? What are police supposed to do, not arrest people if they are taking dangerous combinations of drugs? Floyd was a smoker with pre-existing heart conditions that were both drunk and on fentanyl, fentanyl can easily stop you from breathing, Unless something more comes out, George Floyd's self-destructive drug use killed George Floyd.
If fentanyl stops you from breathing and you tell it to the officer who's kneeing on your neck, wouldn't it be good to address the lack of breathing by at the very least taking the knee off the neck though?

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Zefah Zefah monegames monegames

I don't think American white people would even identify as "white," when there's so many other backgrounds they can identify with. German-Americans, Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans; there are many other subgroups that would take priority over a generic "white."
If only nuance had a place in this discussion right now nationally.

That is not the case. It's about brain viruses that make white people racist.

Reactions: EHuntingon

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
The party that said we needed to listen to science by taking their outlandish models as gospel and locking ourselves up and destroying the world economy don't seem to be so concern about fact based evidence all the sudden.

duhu1148

May 18, 2018
Just posted these tweets by EviLore EviLore on gamefaqs and it was promptly removed 10 minutes later with a Warning due to- and I quote-

"Posting offensive content is not permitted on GameFAQs. This includes linking to or posting content containing sexually explicit material, promoting the sexualization of minors, explicitly promoting terrorism or hate speech, and images or video of real-world violence."

I disputed the moderation with "These are just statistics."

I will be sure to post the result of the dispute.

Last edited: