• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Statistics on suspects killed during arrest

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Yeah they've found the perfect way to silence anyone who opens their mouth.
Object to anything - RACIST.
The calls or racist are a small part of it.

The real perfect way is the same way they have done it in the past. Violence to grab power. Mao/Hitler/Stalin/Khme Rouge, the list goes on and on.

Get a mob, threaten uncontrolled violence from the masses, get what you want.

This is why all this police stuff is so scary. Its not just about defunding the police. What this is showing is that violent riots leads to change. The script is being written right now. What do you think will happen on Nov 4th if Trump wins?

Antifa and BLM will make up some story about Trump being a racist and then unleash the hounds for rounds and rounds of violence until Trump concedes. I even think this mail in voting stuff was BS from the Dems to try and put Trump in a position where the results of the election can be contested. And then BLM says black people weren't allowed to vote because of WS and riot on the streets.

I am seeing it now. Trumps name is so triggering for black people that his name being on the ballot causes them pain. Trumps name should be removed from all ballots because it enforces systemic racism in the voting booth.

laser_printer

Dec 10, 2019
Sactown
That poster if real is #BlackLivesMatter, so I assume this is part of official BLM agenda and material, like this is the shit they tell their members.

Go check who has the highest antisemeitism in the US. Its the same group complaining about systematic racism.

Remove all the BLM/MUSLIM and mentions of white privilege and this could be a Nazi/WS poster. But I guess because a black group and muslim group put it out its ok.

Christian and Jews have equal percentage in colder feelings towards Jews, which is hilarious at 7%
Muslims, which are in greater numbers than blacks, outweigh everyone else. 23%
Blacks and Whites are equal, with a slight 1% difference in "cold" feelings

TL;DR Christians and Jews hate Jews in equal percentage, probably much, much higher among Whites when you consider that they make up over 70% of the country. And more than likely made up that entire Christian survey.

I'm Black and Christian, married to someone Jewish where do I even fall on a survey like that?

Stop playing with statistics, they're fucking dumb lol.

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Police brutality absolutely needs action. I'm not convinced that its a race issue at heart, it seems to affect people of all races. The main thing to address, as far as I can see, is the blue wall of silence i.e. the unwillingness of officers to speak out against colleagues who do wrong. Any solution that doesn’t address this will fail To deliver a meaningful improvement to the lives of anyone.

But it’s also hardly the biggest problem facing the black community. These incidents are horrific and abhorrent, but they’re also rare. Where is the outrage every week when dozens of young black men are killed by people that are not cops? Where was the outrage the weekend before George Floyd when two dozen black men were shot dead in Chicago? Surely we should be investing more effort into solving the problems that lead to 7,000 young black men being murdered every year?

Solving the problem of black on black crime would be detrimental to the democrats, who are responsible for the creation of policies that created the environment around the problem. Gang violence is the biggest reason for black on black crime. But why join a gang? For the majority of gang members the answer is a sense of belonging. This usually is solved by the family unit. The family unit was greatly diminished by welfare programs and even more so by Joe Biden's crime bill. Another reason would be mentorship, well fathers should fill that role, but again welfare and the crime bill removed many fathers from the home. Next we look at the material. Money, its lucrative. Many gangs use money and objects to lure kids into their group. Single mothers have less money to provide material wants than other family makeups. Just look at this chart:

Single motherhood for the nation was slowly rising around 2 to 3% a decade. But in the mid 60s the rate for all races shot up. For blacks the rate began to climb at a rate of almost 20% per decade. What happened in the mid 60s? The Great Society and The War on Poverty.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Christian and Jews have equal percentage in colder feelings towards Jews, which is hilarious at 7%
Muslims, which are in greater numbers than blacks, outweigh everyone else. 23%
Blacks and Whites are equal, with a slight 1% difference in "cold" feelings

TL;DR Christians and Jews hate Jews in equal percentage, probably much, much higher among Whites when you consider that they make up over 70% of the country. And more than likely made up that entire Christian survey.

I'm Black and Christian, married to someone Jewish where do I even fall on a survey like that?

Stop playing with statistics, they're fucking dumb lol.
Same stats from ADL

Surveys which were conducted by the ADL in 2007, 2009, 2011, and 2013 all found that the large majority of African-Americans who were questioned rejected antisemitism and expressed the same kinds of generally tolerant viewpoints as other Americans who were also surveyed. For example, their 2009 study reported that 28% of African-Americans surveyed displayed antisemitic views while a 72% majority did not. However, those three surveys all found that negative attitudes towards Jews were stronger among African-Americans than among the general population at large.[19]

According to earlier ADL research, going back to 1964, the trend that African-Americans are significantly more likely than white Americans to hold antisemitic beliefs across all education levels has remained over the years. Nonetheless, the percentage of the population holding negative beliefs against Jews has waned considerably in the black community during this period as well. In a 1967 New York Times Magazine article entitled "Negroes are Anti-Semitic Because They're Anti-White," the African-American author James Baldwin sought to explain the prevalence of black antisemitism.[20] An ADL poll from 1992 stated that 37% of African-Americans surveyed displayed antisemitism;[2] in contrast, a poll from 2011 found that only 29% did so.
[19]

Maybe ADL has better numbers not sure. But anti Jewish violence is on the rise, especially in area's in New York like Crown Heights. Probably don't remember the Crown Heights riots started by race baiter Al Sharpton.

SaucyJack

Aug 8, 2013
Solving the problem of black on black crime would be detrimental to the democrats, who are responsible for the creation of policies that created the environment around the problem. Gang violence is the biggest reason for black on black crime. But why join a gang? For the majority of gang members the answer is a sense of belonging. This usually is solved by the family unit. The family unit was greatly diminished by welfare programs and even more so by Joe Biden's crime bill. Another reason would be mentorship, well fathers should fill that role, but again welfare and the crime bill removed many fathers from the home. Next we look at the material. Money, its lucrative. Many gangs use money and objects to lure kids into their group. Single mothers have less money to provide material wants than other family makeups. Just look at this chart:

Single motherhood for the nation was slowly rising around 2 to 3% a decade. But in the mid 60s the rate for all races shot up. For blacks the rate began to climb at a rate of almost 20% per decade. What happened in the mid 60s? The Great Society and The War on Poverty.
Absolutely agree.

This on the same topic, Larry Elder - Black Fathers Matter

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
Yeah... so basically these aren't real stats at all. Just model-based simulation that has been calculated... well you don't need to know how, but just trust us. The best scientists in the world made model-based simulations for Covid and plenty of them were wrong. Unless I know exactly how the models were created and what was taken into account and what wasn't, it's nothing more than made-up useless junk to me.
Lol you don't know how to read stats. Everything posted there was legit. To get further context of what these stats mean we need to look at others as well. It's no secret that that black people don't even make up half of the population yet they commit about half of all violent crimes in the US and are incarcerated far more for drug charges. Violence and drugs go hand in hand. If black are committing crimes at higher rate of with fewer population per capita of whites then it is a statistical inevitability they will have more violent encounters with the police compared to other races. The issue is not racism. The issue is poverty. Poverty breeds crime.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Lol you don't know how to read stats. Everything posted there was legit. To get further context of what these stats mean we need to look at others as well. It's no secret that that black people don't even make up half of the population yet they commit about half of all violent crimes in the US and are incarcerated far more for drug charges. Violence and drugs go hand in hand. If black are committing crimes at higher rate of with a few population per capita of whites then it is a statistical inevitability they will have more violent encounters with the police compared to other races. The issue is not racism. The issue is poverty. Poverty breeds crime.
I know how to read stats but those aren't stats. Stats are facts; collected data that is verifiable. You posted a "model" which equates to made up shit. If you're too stupid to know the difference then please do us a favor and stop posting here.

Poverty may be a factor but there are plenty of poor white people, particularly in rural areas, and the crime rate among them is far lower than that of black people, it's just facts.

EDIT: The dashes which represent the margin of error are fucking huge, but lets say for a minute that that was accurate, that chart doesn't take into account the fact that black commit crimes at a much higher rate than whites so it's completely pointless. What they would need to do to make it more legit is to only take the criminals of each race into account then you'd see that there wouldn't be such a heavy black bias.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Halo is Dead

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
I know how to read stats but those aren't stats. Stats are facts; collected data that is verifiable. You posted a "model" which equates to made up shit. If you're too stupid to know the difference then please do us a favor and stop posting here.
Lmao. Why do you think raw numbers are put in a model? To understand trends. Also I did't post any model. I bet you didn't even know what an error bar was (which is shown quite clearly) or what statistical significance means.The bar graph is used in statistics all the damn time. Please tell me what is exactly wrong with the model.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Lmao. Why do you think raw numbers are put in a model? To understand trends. Also I did't post any model. I bet you didn't even know what an error bar was (which is shown quite clearly) or what statistical significance means.The bar graph is used in statistics all the damn time. Please tell me what is exactly wrong with the model.
The dashes which represent the margin of error are fucking huge, but lets say for a minute that that was accurate, that chart doesn't take into account the fact that black commit crimes at a much higher rate than whites so it's completely pointless. What they would need to do to make it more legit is to only take the criminals of each race into account then you'd see that there wouldn't be such a heavy black bias.

Mar 23, 2013
The Democrats are fighting a losing battle. Actually, all liberals around the world are.

They are all lying to you when they refuse to present statistics as adjusted for crime rate.

But not only that, there are other hidden caveats they've deliberately refused to talk about on the subject of "racism".

For example, it was always a famous talking point for them to say that the justice system sentences black people harder for no other reason but skin color, but then they refuse to show you videos where we see convicts laughing, smirking or threatening the victims of said crime.

If people want to have a serious discussion on what is racism or not, you need to present all the evidence instead of manipulating it.
what about non-violent crimes like drug offenses? Doesn't the system punish these offenses much more severely for blacks? Just playing devils advocate but you always hear about the story of the black guy getting like 10 years or something in jail for a small amount of weed. Never looked into the stats though, just heard the talking points. If you're gonna go into court wearing baggy pants and talk back to the judge though, of course he's gonna throw the book at you.

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
The dashes which represent the margin of error are fucking huge, but lets say for a minute that that was accurate, that chart doesn't take into account the fact that black commit crimes at a much higher rate than whites so it's completely pointless. What they would need to do to make it more legit is to only take the criminals of each race into account then you'd see that there wouldn't be such a heavy black bias.
Dude Im not even disagreeing with you. I already stated that Black people commit a disproportional number of drug and violent crime per capita compared to whites. That is why i said it doesn't paint the entire picture. I was simply pointing out that the model is legit and used in stats all of the time. I have personally created charts just like it before.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
what about non-violent crimes like drug offenses? Doesn't the system punish these offenses much more severely for blacks? Just playing devils advocate but you always hear about the story of the black guy getting like 10 years or something in jail for a small amount of weed. Never looked into the stats though, just heard the talking points. If you're gonna go into court wearing baggy pants and talk back to the judge though, of course he's gonna throw the book at you.
Compare criminal records with that of non-blacks.

Are they being charged 10 years for weed, or 10 years because they were caught and had other violations? Also, how many of them are repeat offenders?

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Compare criminal records with that of non-blacks.

Are they being charged 10 years for weed, or 10 years because they were caught and had other violations? Also, how many of them are repeat offenders?
One argument that always gets me is the crack punishment compared to cocaine. The comparison is crap. The comparison should be between crack and meth, which have similar sentences and inverse usage numbers.

Reactions: Cybrwzrd

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
It’s not a racist problem it’s a statist problem.

over bearing and over funded police hav no interest or incentive to being nice.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I've seen many videos of female officers failing to physically control or deescalate a suspect where a typical male officer would have no problem, and in some instances the female officer consequently ends up in a desperate situation where she needs to discharge her sidearm.

For example:

The officer in the video is seemingly not cognizant of how poor her own choices are to enter that home by herself and issue ultimatums to an emotionally unstable man several times her own size.

• Triggered
Reactions: DeepEnigma

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I've seen many videos of female officers failing to physically control or deescalate a suspect where a typical male officer would have no problem, and in some instances the female officer consequently ends up in a desperate situation where she needs to discharge her sidearm.

For example:

The officer in the video is seemingly not cognizant of how poor her own choices are to enter that home by herself and issue ultimatums to an emotionally unstable man several times her own size.
Perfect example of diversity literally getting people killed.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Perfect example of diversity literally getting people killed.
I have stated this several times and no matter how much it hurts someone's feelings it just comes down to basic biology;

Men are stronger then women, period. Unless female firefighters, police officers, EMS, soldiers have easy, readily available force multipliers, or strength enhancements, (I'm nor sure something like that has been invented yet to be honest)certain jobs should be overwhelmingly done by men. In the case of Police the force multiplier is there, but it always will be a lethal option as there is no strength modifier.

When your almost dead in a burning building your feelings about diversity will disappear when a healthy Male firefighter picks you up and carries you out, or a male EMS does the same if your having a heart attack. We should be encouraging people who can do a peak job in these type of professions, just as they do in Sports.

It's absolutely idiotic and shows how far we have to go as a species that we can't accept basic biological factors and instead make sure we all feel good about ourselves.

This goes for obese, out of shape, shorter, weaker, and permanently injured men as well. If you can't physically do the job anymore, your out. Them the breaks.

KingT731

Jan 9, 2018
All I've seen for the most part in this thread is a bunch of confirmation bias and double talk. I also see the good old argument of "black on black crime" popping up but every race commits crimes predominately against their own race. Crime is the problem period and the way people are policed doesn't necessarily make it better.

B-universe

Mar 23, 2020
All I've seen for the most part in this thread is a bunch of confirmation bias and double talk. I also see the good old argument of "black on black crime" popping up but every race commits crimes predominately against their own race. Crime is the problem period and the way people are policed doesn't necessarily make it better.
Translation:

"Since I have no facts, no arguments, no evidence and no statistics with which to counter any of the specific data presented so far, I shall now grandstand and pretend I have the upper hand by insinuating the people I disagree with have some obscure ulterior motive"

KingT731

Jan 9, 2018
Translation:

"Since I have no facts, no arguments, no evidence and no statistics with which to counter any of the specific data presented so far, I shall now grandstand and pretend I have the upper hand by insinuating the people I disagree with have some obscure ulterior motive"
Ah yes you're so right you really told me. Enjoy your tea fella.

Reactions: B-universe

Mahadev

Mar 5, 2007

How is it confirmation bias and double talk when the thread is based on hard numbers? Are you refuting the OP or the posters here that agree with it? Or are you generally disapproving because you don't like what is being said?

Can you please address specific points instead of being vague?

Bonfires Down

Jul 31, 2007
Crime is the problem period and the way people are policed doesn't necessarily make it better.
Yes, i think most here agree with that. What we’re questioning is whether it makes sense to single out black people as being specifically discriminated against by police.

Mar 23, 2013
So my response to my liberal friend when I tried to tell him police actually killed more unarmed white man last year than blacks, was that "well of course, only like 14% of america is black, the vast overwhelming majority are white. Of course there's going to be less black people shot by police." And then we got into an argument about numbers and statistics and that you can't trust the number because it doesn't count take into account how many had guns planted on them by police.

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
I also see the good old argument of "black on black crime" popping up but every race commits crimes predominately against their own race.
Agreed, but if people are going to talk about disproportionate numbers of police encounters and police killings, then I think the disproportionate numbers of crimes committed are important context. When the rate of murder per 100,000 population is 5x that of white people, and the rate of robbery 6x, is the 3x rate of being killed by cops compared to white people really that surprising? It's a goddamn travesty for sure, but more crime will lead to more unnecessary encounters with police that end terribly.

Crime is the problem period and the way people are policed doesn't necessarily make it better.
100% agree. Possibly biased, but there are a lot of good points in this video (shoutout to DeafTourette DeafTourette for sharing the other day) about the problems in how police are trained and protected when they do wrong, which deserve fixing.

At the same time, focusing simply on the policing aspect is not going to reduce crime.

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Learned about this study from a Larry Elder video and found it rather interesting.

The data is admittedly flawed and any conclusions from it should of course be taken with a grain of salt, but from the abstract:

On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force –officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
He did say “arrested for violent crime.” This would not include a George Floyd situation (I don’t think).

Question is how many white people, black people, Hispanic people die while in police custody (or being arrested).

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
He did say “arrested for violent crime.” This would not include a George Floyd situation (I don’t think).

Question is how many white people, black people, Hispanic people die while in police custody (or being arrested).
Last year total was 1004. Dont know if that includes people who died at the station or whatever.

Thats without taking into account if they were armed or attacking cops or if the cops went to jail were fired etc....

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
Last year total was 1004. Dont know if that includes people who died at the station or whatever.

Thats without taking into account if they were armed or attacking cops or if the cops went to jail were fired etc....
1004 across all races?

But yeah, it’s just another statistic to look at. Quite frankly, 1004 especially if “total” isn’t gawd-awful considering all the arrests they do.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
1004 across all races?

But yeah, it’s just another statistic to look at. Quite frankly, 1004 especially if “total” isn’t gawd-awful considering all the arrests they do.
Yup across all races. Whites highest then blacks theb hispanics then a bunch of other.

1 live can be argued as too many but no system will be perfect and operate at 100%.

Doctors kill 40 to 400k people a year.

Better police requires a commitment to cleaning out a departmebt and fighting corruption. That takes a hard ass mayor and DA.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Given academia has been infected with toxic identity politics liberals, and they chose to only use 17 states for a limited timespan, it wouldn't surprise if they cherry picked the data to create a statistical anomally justifying their preconceptions.

As the fbi data includes the entire usa, it seems to present a truer picture. Though there is a possibility some states might actually have racism issues, that would need deeper research to elucidate. Whatever the case it more than balances out to give a picture where in the entire usa whites are likelier to be killed than blacks.

50+% of blacks are women, and they hardly commit violent crime.
edit:
And the stats are probably worse than you think, as testosterone goes down with age reducing aggression. I've heard much of the function of prison is keeping violent criminals in jail while their testosterone drops and makes them significantly less violent.

Not only is it 6% of males, but of that it is likely the vast majority that commits violent crime is over 12 and under 40. Meaning around half of that 6% or around 3% of the population(young black males) is committing 50~% of the crime.
If you look at Charles Murray’s book of forbidden knowledge, and you agree with the idea that low IQ is predictive of propensity to be aggressive and commit violence, it certainly makes sense that about half the population of black males commit the most crime.

Mar 23, 2013
Who cares? This is all about white supremacy man. Get with the program!
No seriously though. Trying to argue against someone's point that the reason blacks have higher crime rates than any other race despite only being like 13% of the population is because of the " institutionalized racism" they face. The high black on black crime rate they face would nullify that point.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
When is someone going to fight against the systemic racism in abortion clinics?

Black baby lives don't matter I guess.

• Love
Reactions: SpartanN92

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Kentucky, it’s not as bad as Australia
When is someone going to fight against the systemic racism in abortion clinics?

Black baby lives don't matter I guess.
That’s been one of my biggest issues during this whole thing. It amazes me that Black people don’t give a fuck that white people are limiting their population via abortion. It’s basically a fucking genocide and no one care. It breaks my heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
That’s been one of my biggest issues during this whole thing. It amazes me that Black people don’t give a fuck that white people are limiting their population via abortion. It’s basically a fucking genocide and no one care. It breaks my heart.
You can use all the same stats and arguments that they trot out to prove it in every single walk of life. But then when it comes to abortion they become giant hypocrites.

Even if you are pro choice you still have to ask why to so many black babies go unborn, and why do so many black women have unwanted pregnancies.

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
We had a similar incident up here in Canada.

Female officer went up against a male throwing rocks. She couldn't stop him. It took male cops to take him down.

I'm not even shitting on women or anything, but obviously other than the 0.001% of women who achieve "She-Hulk" status, women are not going to be able to fulfill the duties of a job like this.

I wouldn't be able to fulfill these duties either. I also would never attempt to be a cop because I know I can't fulfill these duties. I suspect that if women are 79% more likely to shoot unarmed suspects, maybe it's because they're scared more often because they know that the gun is the only thing that keeps them alive in a physical encounter.

Reactions: JordanN