• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steady Growth for NeoGAF

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hey everyone. I'm happy to report that NeoGAF's rebound continues. We had a ton of activity during E3 2019 week, far exceeding last year, and the trend line is very much pointing in the right direction. Thanks to everyone for helping to make this community great. These are crazy times on the internet, and I'm glad there's an oasis of sanity, civility, and friendliness I can host, while still allowing for heated debate in the appropriate spots.

w9DcevE.png

Let's keep this train rolling!

Michele

you.
Congratulations Evilore! Well, I'm not sure if the growth will stabilize, or continue to increase. but I hope it does continue to increase. Hopefully by end of 2019, there will be 10k new posts or so every week, maybe more. More posts means more reason for me to be more active and to discuss things properly or thoroughly.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is there anything in particular that you feel helped significantly towards the positive rebound? Or any lessons in business that you feel you understand more strongly now, compared to before?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Congratulations Evilore! Well, I'm not sure if the growth will stabilize, or continue to increase. but I hope it does continue to increase. Hopefully by end of 2019, there will be 10k new posts or so every week, maybe more. More posts means more reason for me to be more active and to discuss things properly or thoroughly.

The graph is showing daily post averages at weekly intervals, not weekly averages. We're well above 10k posts per week. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

pramod

Banned
Free speech and diversity of opinions is what will ultimately put NeoGaf over the top.

Echo chambers and safe spaces can only take you so far, it's great for virtue signaling but in the end people will realize...it's just damn boring.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Is there anything in particular that you feel helped significantly towards the positive rebound? Or any lessons in business that you feel you understand more strongly now, compared to before?

Forging positive relationships, transparency and mutual respect between the moderation/administration and the users (along with trust, accountability, and fairness), maintaining an open dialogue, containing politics to its own area, and encouraging fun and constructive discussions.

Uhtred

This is a great trend to see. We should all be proud. Lets keep it going. Day by day we see things picking up.

Bwahaha

Neo Member
Great news. There's been an increasingly hostile response on the internet to anyone who's had the misfortune to be born a straight white male, and having there be a place for people like us to gather still means a lot.
Tired of being dogpiled/harassed because I happen to be normal. Can't wait till Reset is reduced to nothing.
Hail NeoGAF!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Congratulations to you and the mod team. It's not without its pimples, but this has easily been my favorite community to interact with in quite a long time.

Solomeena

Banned
Great news for sure about GAF's rebound, hopefully it continues in a positive way. It was pretty lively and fun around here a few nights ago and i loved to see that.

EviLore EviLore

Neogaf is through the otherside and better than ever. The rest of the internet goes to hell in a handbasket more and more each day. I'm glad this place is back so i can just chat shit about video games and drool over butts all day.

Thanks for your, and your teams, hard work and persistence. You must feel warm and fuzzy inside when you see some members of Era sweating bullets over 'accusations'.

Last edited:

dream

After watching what happened here with the exodus and the new forum, I don’t think I’ve ever been as personally invested in seeing this place succeed. I would consider it a great wrong that was set right, and balance to the force is restored. 🤓
Yeah, after 15 years here, I was never overly inclined to even sign up there—especially after seeing the people who were installed in positions of power. It feels like I’m being rewarded for staying here every day.

cr0w

Old Member
I think the site is in a really good place. Any forum has its share of...special users, but people are really good about policing themselves and each other without things getting too heated, which is a miracle in itself given where things were two years ago. There's also a healthy amount of silly shit being posted and the forum is fun again which is also an unbelievable turnaround.

MetalAlien

Banned
No one is more shocked than me. I would have laughed if you asked me if Gaf would ever bounce back after the fall.

Yea what he said! ^

Last edited:

Forging positive relationships, transparency and mutual respect between the moderation/administration and the users (along with trust, accountability, and fairness), maintaining an open dialogue, containing politics to its own area, and encouraging fun and constructive discussions.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nsfw-butt-thread.1472214/

ymoc

What I really hope for GAF is that it doesn't make the same mistakes from the past. I wish that, for the lack of a better word, shitposting never ever grows to unmanageable proportions. That brings about the creation of an echo chamber.

Echo chambers are literally spirit-draining vampiric entities. Most people don't even realize they let such toxic places influence their life. Yett they fester in them. And wonder why depression is such a rampart problem...

For the love of god please never ever let extremely active "prominent" members become the driving moderation force on the forum.
Power corrupts. We've been there and seen where that leads us.

Top Bottom