• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Metroid is not a Zelda clone
In fact Castlevania games and Metroid games share the same genre: Metroidvania

Not so. Some castlevania games are metroidvania and some metroid games are metroidvania but some are not.

I agree Super Metroid is not in fact a zelda clone.

However, Darkest of Days is not showing up for him. Therefor, I rate this feature 0/10 because it fails at its main purpose, which is to let people play Darkest of Days.

I had never heard of Darkest of Days...now I'm very interested.

Is Watch_Dogs the first game that only supports 64-bit Windows?

I meet all the minimum specs! Though I only have 32-bit win 7 due to having some serial 16 and 12 bit legacy devices I still use.

Time to upgrade I guess.

Edit: Nice giveaway animlboogy! 2 great games.

I'd like to see proposals for a sharing scheme that would still have you buy games.

• You can share with any account on your primary system (which you have to designate) and up to three total accounts on a single system each.
  • You designate a portion of your library as a "lending library." Only one account can use the lending library at once; any remote account can borrow it and have it locked until they're done playing; you can take it back at any time.
  • No more than some arbitrary number of games (10?) in the lending library.
  • Change games in the LL at any time.
  • Change shared accounts once per month maximum.
  • Lend to remote accounts only if they're on your friends list, own paid-for games, and older than a month. Activate them via an interface akin to the trading window.

Also, it's Steam. This is a place where people buy games and don't play them, not the other way around.

When he's playing the game, this happens:
euhzVjl.png

I was wondering why Kab was randomly playing Escape Goat.

Copons

Anybody still up, have at.

Yooooo! Thank you man for Sleeping Dogs!!
There is this friend of mine that is playing it recently and always come telling me how is cool and stuff trying to build up my envy and now finally I can shove it in his face.

BTW, this is like the perfect time to give away games I'm interested in, with US people sleeping and EU people just waken up and too numb to send PMs.
Keep on giving between 9 and 10 GMT+2!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so what exactly is extended in extended Anna edition?

Edit: Joystiq has the press release, which contains a few more details (these are mentioned on the store page, too, but I wasn't sure if some were just holdovers from the original):
Features of Anna – Extended Edition:
· A haunting tale of psychological terror
· Physics-based environmental puzzles
· Eight possible endings, each determined by the player's action
· New environments, puzzles, interface and music
· Improved Graphics
· New in game character: "The Wife Doll" with own AI
· New Game Over state

Extras included:
· Poster with alternative cover artwork
· Complete soundtrack on CD
· Art book for the game

Arthea

Thanks Jasec, but what I mean more like what is really different like in details not words (><)
OTOH probably those who already played it, aren't going to play extended edition.

oh you edited. Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Eight cores? What the heck?!
I own a pretty good rigg, if I may say so myself, but that Watch Dogs list scares me.

So I got into the family sharing beta today but don't totally understand how it works. I authorised my main PC to be shared (I think) but don't really understand how anyone uses my games or how I use anyone else's.

Halp?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh gods! Was on uPlay site (don't ask) and saw the Watch_Dogs specs...

Thankfully, I just received more parts this month to complement my GTX 770. By the time my build is finished, it will already be 2 weeks out of the Watch_Dogs release.

Can do "Recommended" but not sure on "Ultra".

EDIT: Well crap, there was a thread for it.
Good thing I'm not interested at all in that game. My PC isn't remotely near half the min specs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So that's why you played through DN3D. :p
Hey, even if I owned one of NASA's rigs I'd still want to play that game!

But yeah, I should skip the next 2 or 3 big Steam sales and buy a new one. Or better yet, skip the next 100 or 200 meals and buy both PC and games.

JaseC

Hey, even if I owned one of NASA's rigs I'd still want to play that game!

But yeah, I should skip the next 2 or 3 big Steam sales and buy a new one. Or better yet, skip the next 100 or 200 meals and buy both PC and games.

This gets my vote. Who needs food?

chunk3rvd

Still need 2 more friends before I can qualify for the SteamBox beta - foreveralone.jpg :(

If any kind gaffers would like to add me my username is the same as on here. Thanks!

Arthea

Still need 2 more friends before I can qualify for the SteamBox beta - foreveralone.jpg :(

If any kind gaffers would like to add me my username is the same as on here. Thanks!

I'll add you, but that will be much later today. So you need only one more!
edited: need your steam id though

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Edit: Gave away 7 keys or so, my wallet says NO MORE. Giveaway over!

Anyone here who likes GOOD 2D puzzle platformers and is willing to play through an 6-8 hour game within the next 3-4 days and write impressions on his experience? Not just at the end, but like play a bit, post what you think, play some more, see whether the game fits your expectations etc. You are not required to like it or write GOOD things about it, but I like the game so much that I am willing to pay the 5$ for the game for ~4 people if the OT of Full Bore will get bumped some more. The basic idea is of course to help the thread staying afloat, and since it costs me a bit, I'd appreciate if you only "apply" if you can post about your impressions and play more than just an hour. It would be cool if you could still write a general post afterwards in the monthly Indie thread of October to share your overall impressions here as well once you got a good idea of the game, but one post is enough here (while the Full Bore thread needs multiple bumps as long as the sale is still going on).

If you are interested, quote this post. I will not necessarily pick the first 4 quotes, so feel free to mention you are interested, even this post has already been quoted 4 times. I will see about that later depending on how many people and who is interested.

The game is currently Desura only, but will eventually give you a Steam key.
Here is the OT again:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201
October Indie thread:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688767
i88ZU2zUkusFm.gif

The_Monk

Just curious, how's the difficulty Toma? I believe it might be something like Spelunky, or easier? Are any events time related (for instance, completing something before times run out) ?

If you are interested, quote this post. I will not necessarily pick the first 4 quotes, so feel free to mention you are interested, even this post has already been quoted 4 times. I will see about that tomorrow depending on how many people and who are interested.
I am interested and I have a Desura account now.

I am in the middle of writing a review and a preview today, but I think I should be able to give it a few hours and the genre is right up my alley.

JaseC

I'm not familiar with reading region restrictions in the registry. Would there be an issue redeeming/playing an RU Batman Origins in NA?

If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like the apps are at least the same with the regular row package
http://steamdb.info/sub/29958/#section_apps

I was poking through previous pages to see if anyone had recommended a game that's currently part of the Not on Steam Sale (that I hadn't already purchased) and noticed this went unanswered. Here's my little guide to understanding region-locking on Steam:

There are three methods of region-locking available to publishers on Steam:

- Restricting games to run only in certain countries. You can check if a game has this limitation by looking in the registry and seeing if the package has the onlyallowrunincountries string. Here's Lost Planet 3 RU, for example.
- Restricting gifting to users in certain countries (or disabling the option completely). You can check if a game has this limitation by visiting the store of another region using the CC trick (http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=xx, where xx is your desired store's country code) and adding the item to your cart.
- Distinct app ids for different regions, which means that DLC purchased outside of the nominated territories would be incompatible. Again, this is something you can check in the registry: here's Dishonored ROW and Dishonored RU, for example (note the distinct ids for the Dishonored app).

Arkham Origins is safe. I myself have the RU version pre-ordered.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was poking through previous pages to see if anyone had recommended a game that's currently part of the Not on Steam Sale (that I hadn't already purchased) and noticed this went unanswered. Here's my little guide to understanding region-locking on Steam:

I highly recommended Full Bore if you didnt buy that yet. ;)

Just curious, how's the difficulty Toma? I believe it might be something like Spelunky, or easier? Are any events time related (for instance, completing something before times run out) ?

Nope, the game is not reflex based. The game starts out easy enough, but eventually some levels can become rather tricky, however, the game is great at providing you with the freedom to skip most parts if you feel like you arent up for them yet because it offers wide possibilities for exploration.

Did you play 1000 Amps? Its pretty comparable to that from the overall feeling, just gridlocked with more puzzles instead of having the platforming challenges.

oipic

That's a great question, Monk, and one I'm curious about, too - from the video/interview with the devs (one of whom reminds me of Samwell Tarly - that's totally a compliment) on the Greenlight page, it seems far more exploration/puzzle focussed, rather than twitch-based (although solving some puzzles does seem to hinge on how quickly you 'dig'). Much more up my alley, though, as my mind is faster than my fingers these days. Block puzzles! I loved Blocks That Matter, for what it's worth.

Toma, you've piqued my interest yet again - enough so that I committed an hour today to watching that video. Your efforts in spreading the virtues and raising awareness of indie titles is second to none.

Edit: ...and thanks for the answer, Toma.

The_Monk

Nope, the game is not reflex based. The game starts out easy enough, but eventually some levels can become rather tricky, however, the game is great at providing you with the freedom to skip most parts if you feel like you arent up for them yet because it offers wide possibilities for exploration.

Did you play 1000 Amps? Its pretty comparable to that from the overall feeling, just gridlocked with more puzzles instead of having the platforming challenges.

Never played 1000 Amps. Isn't that Black & White puzzle game? I liked the freedom part and it seems to not be frustrating. I'll let other have a go however, since I might not be in the best mood these days. I'll try if it ever comes on Steam, just checked to OT and loved the gifs.

Toma

Ooh, fancy. Great choices. I'd love you to try Full Bore and post some impressions over in the OT, but please let us know in the Indie thread if you have some impressions on The Last Day of the Decade. Great choices! The Sea will claim everything is a lovely game as well.

That's a great question, Monk, and one I'm curious about, too - from the video/interview with the devs (one of whom reminds me of Samwell Tarly - that's totally a compliment) on the Greenlight page, it seems far more exploration/puzzle focussed, rather than twitch-based (although solving some puzzles does seem to hinge on how quickly you 'dig'). Much more up my alley, though, as my mind is faster than my fingers these days. Block puzzles! I loved, Blocks That Matter, for what it's worth.

Toma, you've piqued my interest yet again - enough so that I committed an hour today to watching that video. Your efforts in spreading the virtues and rasing awareness of indie titles is second to none.

As I said above, the game is not really reflex based. If you figured out what to do, you wont have too many issues pulling it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom