• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for this, forgot about that little trick as I haven't used it since the Scribblenauts Unlimited debacle. DC upgrade for less than £4 feels good, especially as I'm betting it will be £4.99 when it officially is available in the UK.

Did Steam not convert the price to 4.99?

JaseC

Nope. Just double checked my Paypal to see exactly how much I got it for and it was £3.24. Can't complain at that price.

Huh, strange. I'd guess Squeenix hasn't set up prices in other currencies just yet and Steam simply defaulted to the only one available. Hopefully Valve doesn't consider it a deliberate attempt to skirt region-specific pricing.

Edit: The official UK price is £3.49, so you've saved yourself 25p.

Arthea

I laughed, that's some major saving skills.

edited: why are we still in the old thread, slacking much?

edit 2: Darksiders II - 75% discount on gmg
it was probably posted already

oipic

Gosh, so close to a new thread already? SteamGAF, you're wonderful.

I'm (strangely?) excited by the fact that I might be awake to see the new thread spring to life - it has tended to happen in the wee small hours of the (Australian) night in the past.

JaseC

That's good news! gonna upgrade DX too.
Does this trick always work?

Hasney mentioned he used the trick to buy Scribblenauts Unlimited back when the game was needlessly delayed in PAL Land (save for Australia). I'd test it myself again but it requires a game that is both already released in one region and listed as "Coming Soon" on Steam AU. I'd also be wary of using it in cases where the price doesn't convert to that intended for one's region as there's a chance it may be seen by Valve as an attempt to bypass region-specific pricing.

Arthea

Hasney mentioned he used the trick to buy Scribblenauts Unlimited back when the game was needlessly delayed in PAL Land (save for Australia). I'd test it myself again but it requires a game that is both already released in one region and listed as "Coming Soon" on Steam AU. I'd also be wary of using it in cases where the price doesn't convert to that intended for one's region as there's a chance it may be seen by Valve as an attempt to bypass region-specific pricing.

I see, oh well, I'll buy it in my store.

I was sure they'll update the original game, separate entry is kinda weird. Does it mean we still can play old version and a new one? You know, like these are 2 separate games?

JaseC

I see, oh well, I'll buy it in my store.

I was sure they'll update the original game, separate entry is kinda weird. Does it mean we still can play old version and a new one? You know, like these are 2 separate games?

That's a bingo. They're entirely separate.

Xanathus

Yes, although the vanilla version doesn't have cards, anyway.

Oh for some reason I thought the original had cards. Ugh it's annoying that it doesn't transfer over the achievements. I think I'll wait for detailed impressions on what is changed before picking it up. I doubt it'll ever go on discount lower than $5.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, since the app is universal, you're beholden to the release date of your region, though you can use a VPN to get around this (Spotflux is free).

Hmm, does this mean that when LEGO Marvel Superheroes comes out in the US I won't be able to play it in the UK until it releases here unless I use a VPN, even if I buy a US key? Annoying!

Hasney

Hmm, does this mean that when LEGO Marvel Superheroes comes out in the US I won't be able to play it in the UK until it releases here unless I use a VPN, even if I buy a US key? Annoying!

Yeah, once you activate it once using the VPN though, you can run it from within the games Steam directory when you like at least.

Even if you buy it in the UK though, you can activate it early using a VPN. Pretty much do it with all my pre-orders these days.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, once you activate it once using the VPN though, you can run it from within the games Steam directory when you like at least.

Even if you buy it in the UK though, you can activate it early using a VPN. Pretty much do it with all my pre-orders these days.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Doesn't look like there's a pre-order period for LSH though so I'd probably be getting a US key anyway as it's out two weeks or so earlier there, plus will end up being cheaper.

Sajjaja

Oh man I just spent 5 hours playing The Walking Dead and finished 2 episodes. I am hooked. I want to play more but It's 5AM now. I tried playing it before but it didn't click, and all the hype made me want to stay away from it for a while, but seeing The Wolf Among Us made me really want to play it, so I decided I should play TWD instead. Oh man, this is some awesome stuff.

I need The Wolf Among Us now. I hope it goes 50% off during halloween, though it'll probably only be 33% off.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still sorta confused on how modbot works since I want to send a game, and the OP doesn't seem to have a link to instructions.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Click on the picture.

I was using Ctrl + Find

d'oh!

Anyway

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Greed Corp -- MB-7D7C4EFB2E9C23B8 - Taken by Blitzhex

JaseC

Is there an extra code discount on this? There usually are on GMG!

Nope. GMG20-IWGQX-41IS1 only works on games discounted as part of GMG's Halloween Sale and GMG25-GRV7N-YY833 is for pre-orders.

Edit: Oops, copied the wrong code. Fixed.

Arthea

Is there an extra code discount on this? There usually are on GMG!

I'm not sure, the 25% code for selected games doesn't include this one.

edited: too late (><)
I got so infuriated by win 8 love that couldn't think straight for several minutes.
I'm not fast to hate, no, but do I hate win8, not with forum talk hate but real blood boiling hate.

Deques

Finally bought the Doujiin Bundle 2

Here is a leftover key
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-40799EA0B7090F20 - Taken by Copons. 8 entrants total.

t1382445318z1.png

MisterM

Is there a sneaky way I can get Lego Marvel today by using a US key and a VPN to unlock it?

I've tried the ?cc=us trick but Lego Marvel doesn't show up in the store. Anywhere I can purchase a US key legitimately?

Thanks.

JaseC

Is there a sneaky way I can get Lego Marvel today by using a US key and a VPN to unlock it?

I've tried the ?cc=us trick but Lego Marvel doesn't show up in the store. Anywhere I can purchase a US key legitimately?

Thanks.

Lego Marvel won't pop up on Steam until it's released coincident with the store update in about 7.5 hours. You can purchase a key for $22.50 from GMG, using the code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833.

Edit: Ah, I didn't realise you're in the UK. In my experience GamersGate doesn't have an automatic redirection system so you can buy a key for $27 from there.

Lego Marvel is out today as well? Jesus christ, must resist. Hell, I don't even like Marvel characters. But it looks so charming and it's quite cheap.....wouldn't hurt to grow the backlog just a tad bit mo *slaps self*

JaseC

Lego Marvel is out today as well? Jesus christ, must resist. Hell, I don't even like Marvel characters. But it looks so charming and it's quite cheap.....wouldn't hurt to grow the backlog just a tad bit mo *slaps self*

I'm hoping Cheers Tony manages to repeat last year's 75% off Lego LOTR deal with Lego Marvel for this year's Amazon's Winter Sale.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Lego Marvel won't pop up on Steam until it's released coincident with the store update in about 7.5 hours. You can purchase a key for $22.50 from GMG, using the code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833.

Edit: Ah, I didn't realise you're in the UK. In my experience GamersGate doesn't have an automatic redirection system so you can buy a key for $27 from there.

Redirected to the UK site for me, £22.49. Could always use something like TunnelBear to get the US site though.

JaseC

They didn't exactly say how many of them are Titans, did they?

299. One unlucky "winner" gets a crummy machine that automatically loads Bad Rats.

Redirected to the UK site for me, £22.49. Could always use something like TunnelBear to get the US site though.

Yeah, that should do the trick. I had no issues purchasing from the UK site when the Borderlands 2 UVH Upgrade 2 DLC was erroneously half off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom