• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Small hint, if you want feedback on non-Steam indies, the monthly Indie thread is probably the better place to ask:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688767

The sea will claim everything gets a clear recommendation from me, we had lots of impressions during the april thread or something. Quote: "It seems like a game made by a 5 year old who read Nietzsche". Very clever, smart, funny and playful adventure game. If you want to buy it, prepare for LOTS of interesting/funny and smart item descriptions and flavour text. I can totally see how you'd need to be in the mood for this kind of game.

Also, there is a smaller free game by the same dev which is similar, just on a way smaller scale:
http://landsofdream.net/games/the-fabulous-screech/

If you like that, but think its not fully realized and needs more of everything, TSWCE is something for you.

Sounds great, thanks for your impressions. I wasn't looking for feedback though (as mentioned, I've already bought both games), this post is an attempt to bring these games to attention of the broader SteamGAF audience.

derExperte

Almost forgot...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Huntsman -- MB-D52582CCD2EAB953 - Taken by Cth. 27 entrants total.

t1380824958z1.png

Grief.exe

"2K Weekend: We celebrate the upcoming death of GFWL"

The celebration will last for 13 days and 13 nights in the parking lot of Microsoft's office in Redmond.
Every night at midnight pacific we will take a Microsoft employee for sacrifice. A sacrifice must be made, The Great Gaben demands it.

124_burning_man.jpg

The_Monk

Just arrived home and saw that there's only two hours left from the Humble Weekly. Hoping for that bundle with GoT and Sherlock games but I won't be getting for now and much less will get it with the BTA price.

But I could be wrong it may not be that bundle, also.

Eternia

It's really nice seeing Agarest continually being in the top 20 seller's list ever since it was available for pre-purchase. I hope the actual numbers look as good as it does on the surface.

kafiend

It's really nice seeing Agarest continually being in the top 20 seller's list ever since it was available for pre-purchase. I hope the actual numbers look as good as it does on the surface.

Yeah, I was just reading the Steam forum thread about that because my blood pressure was too low. Boiling nicely now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'd get Agarest but all the creepy ass loli shit seems like it'd just weird me out too much.

Too bad, as I like SRPGs.

Terra_Ex

I'd get Agarest but all the creepy ass loli shit seems like it'd just weird me out too much.

Too bad, as I like SRPGs.
It's really really not much of an SRPG tbh so you're not missing much, if you're expecting something like FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre you'll be disappointed. If you're happy with fighting the same enemies on a nice flat grid over and over and having to bum rush bosses with all your characters simultaneously to have a hope of winning you might get something out of it. I'm all for more jrpgs on PC but imo, it's low to mid rung stuff at best.

valouris

They should have a permanent Weeklong Deals box/link/button on the store front, as they do with the daily deal and midweek madness. Or am I missing it?

Volcynika

XSEED apparently has a non-Falcom game they'll announce for Steam sometime this year probably:

via http://www.rpgamer.com/features/2013/interviews/xseedfall2013int2.html

MAC: Anything else you'd like to share with readers? Or even tease?

KB: Well, we’ve been wanting to announce another non-Falcom title for Steam for a while now and this month would have been the perfect opportunity, but unfortunately it looks like it’s going to slip out a while so you’ll have to wait until closer to the end of the year for that announcement.

Only thoughts I could have is something Corpse Party related if he's referring to October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom