• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I should get around to playing Bioshock 1. Might make for some nice screenshots :p

Now to wait for another sale on Bioshock 2.

hopefully they'll have a Bio day during this pub sale over the weekend. Hoping to pick it up myself. started it back in the day on ps3 and couldn't get into it like I got into the first one.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
4D59ixH.png

Dat xcom money

10032590203_7f73c4c559_o.gif

MRORANGE

My college has a firewall which stops Steam downloading or going online :(

And they're network is 100mb/s consistently.

Doesn't block origin of course though.

Ask the Campus Admins to unblock Steam.

In our halls we had this stupid system that blocked nearly all ports from 9am-6pm. luckily if you used the IP address of a networked college computer (unplugging the lan cable first.) allowed you to overcome the issue and gave you blazing speeds.

Only problem was that 1/2 the labs computers couldn't login as so many people were doing it lol.

valouris

argh I want that amazon xcom bundle but I don't have a credit card, only Paypal. Anyone wanna do me a favor and gain 9.99 in their paypal account?

Also, doesn't 30 bucks for Enemy Within seem a bit too high to anyone else?

Are the XCOM dlcs worth it?

Elite Soldier Pack is entirely cosmetic and not worth it.

Slingshot Pack is worth it at $1.75.

It's an extra six missions that add little to the game but it's $1.75. They are extra optional missions randomly spliced into the campaign. The first mission happens early on and it gives you a pretty beastly reward for that point in the singleplayer campaign.

Enemy Within has 40 new campaign maps, 2 new soldier classes tied to new resources which will change the way you have to play to acquire them, new weapons, equipment and facilities, new enemies and new multiplayer stuff for the people that care about it.

It's a Civ V style expansion, so it integrates into the main game. If you buy Xcom now and start to play it, then purchase Enemy Within, you'll need to start over again to experience the newly added content. Enemy Within changes the existing campaign.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I approve, actually. Sure, I would've preferred to see Saoirse cast, but Elizabeth gained my attention with Martha Marcy May Marlene.

BGII:EE just showed up on the registry!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257350/

Wasn't on the press release, so I figured it wouldn't be released until later and without Beamdog's consent. Publisher is still Atari.

header_292x136.jpg

Hurry up with the classic D&D games already, Hasbro. Atari actually made store pages for the games at some point, as they're in Valve employee game libraries, but as far as I can tell they were never actually made available to purchase.

On top of that, just checked my retail BS2 key, activates in Steam now

I was hoping 2K would take the Sega route. Now, WB, do the same with Arkham Asylum vanilla and I'll be your best friend!

Doomboy

Neo Member
So does the 75% off sale on XCOM apply for the whole weekend, or is it just a special offer for today?

Not particularly clear as far as I can see.

Freezard

It seems that the bug that makes your time spent on game not appearing is still a thing. At least on my end.

It's still bugging me that achievements are not saved if you play in offline mode on some games. I got like half of the AvP 2010 achievements in offline mode and it says I got them on the library page but not on the actual achievements page, even after having run the game in online mode.

The_Monk

It's still bugging me that achievements are not saved if you play in offline mode on some games. I got like half of the AvP 2010 achievements in offline mode and it says I got them on the library page but not on the actual achievements page, even after having run the game in online mode.

That happened to me twice fellow GAFfer. One with Costume Quest where, when updating/going back online I got the last one (finishing the game) but the rest of them did never unlocked... Same with some Achievements from Orcs Must die.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I sent a message to modbot with Japanese characters in the subject (My Japanese IME was on, as I was studying, and I didn't notice). I hope it doesn't break everything.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Baldur EE is great, no idea why everyone's bitching about it. Love the little zoom thing, the widescreen without problems, the different colored cursors, the fullscreen videos and Neela <3

mrgone

Also, doesn't 30 bucks for Enemy Within seem a bit too high to anyone else?

It does seem a little steep, but it's kind of the standard operating practice for Firaxis now. Their expansions effectively obsolete the base game, and then they're standalone so there's that tooth grinding "why didn't I just wait for this" irritation. But then you play it, and it's amazing, and most of that annoyance fades away. And then they do it all over again :) Some kind of loyalty discounts for previous owners of the old stuff would be keen.

Anyone know if they fixed some of the lingering bugs this time around? (Does the hunker down key finally work?)

edit: I'm wrong about the standalone thing, that's only on the Xbox :) Sorry folks!

Hey fellow OCD GAFfers, u jelly?

dQfzTGu.jpg

And to answer your question, of course they do.
mS8zCtC.gif

Yes! Wait! No! Those games are terrible!

Yes!

JaseC

Hey fellow OCD GAFfers, u jelly?

dQfzTGu.jpg

And to answer your question, of course they do.
mS8zCtC.gif

Wait, Top Gun has a retail version? And it activates on Steam? I did some digging when it was pulled but found nothing. If I send you some PayPal bucks, can you pick me up a copy? I just want the key, obviously.

The actual XCOM page says "The offer ends on the 7th of October" though.

That's because the discount will automatically revert back to 50% after today and the 2K sale in general ends on the 7th.

Edit: Or, as jaundice is alluding to, it may be 75% off throughout the entire sale due to the Free Weekend. We'll know soon enough!

valouris

It does seem a little steep, but it's kind of the standard operating practice for Firaxis now. Their expansions effectively obsolete the base game, and then they're standalone so there's that tooth grinding "why didn't I just wait for this" irritation. But then you play it, and it's amazing, and most of that annoyance fades away. And then they do it all over again :) Some kind of loyalty discounts for previous owners of the old stuff would be keen.

Anyone know if they fixed some of the lingering bugs this time around? (Does the hunker down key finally work?)

Wait, so Enemy Within is standalone? You don't get anything more if you buy both the original and that?

Edit: Scratch that, I found out it is not.

Also, I am still looking for someone to help me buy this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECHYTKY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I can pay only with Paypal, and amazon doesn't take it. I'll throw in that extra 0.01 for your trouble :p

PLZ HELP ME GIVE MONEY FOR GAEMZ

Xcom is discounted through its free weekend. Deal probably ends at 4pm on Monday. Typically when a game has a free weekend, it's discounted from Friday to Monday.The sale is poorly conveyed. Today Xcom is the featured deal in the publisher sale but it's also has the free weekend discount sale.

Edit: Enemy Within is not a stand alone expansion, it requires the base game.

JaseC

Ah, fair enough, Sounds like they could be a bit more clear on that regard.

I just edited my post. ;) It could be 75% off throughout the sale due to the Free Weekend, though I think it would've made more sense to have the game as the last Daily so people have more time with it (and impatient folks cough up more money).

Karu

Baldur EE is great, no idea why everyone's bitching about it. Love the little zoom thing, the widescreen without problems, the different colored cursors, the fullscreen videos and Neela <3
If there won't be any contradicting statements til tomorrow, I probably will bite. Baldurs Gate was under the first games I played ever (at least on PC) next to Dungeon Keeper, Anno 1602 & co. - so I'm hoping for a nice trip down the nostalgia lane! =)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh shit. X-com for 75% off?

Steam/2K: I love you. I guess I can delete my rental copy (that I haven't touched in months) off my PS3 harddrive and play it on PC now. :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz

You know, It's expected and everything, but I hate when a DLC changes the single player campaign of a game, as opposed to creating a new campaign.

If I were in the middle of XCom, and the new DLC came out, i'd be better just restarting. Or, otherwise, if I never played the game (which I didn't), I might as well just wait for it, since it'll be a better version of that game.

And, in my case, waiting for it means waiting until there's a sale of it.

I don't know, maybe just create a new campaign and only bring the new stuff in that one.

Joe Molotov

Wait, Top Gun has a retail version? And it activates on Steam? I did some digging when it was pulled but found nothing. If I send you some PayPal bucks, can you pick me up a copy? I just want the key, obviously.

Well, I thought it did, but now I'm not 100% sure. It has the Steam logo on the box, It doesn't have a CD-Key, but it has a Steam installer, and now it claims to be "installing Steam". I will keep you updated on the results.

JaseC

Well, I thought it did, but now I'm not 100% sure. It has the Steam logo on the box, It doesn't have a CD-Key, but it has a Steam installer, and now it claims to be "installing Steam". I will keep you updated on the results.

Ah, it may be similar to NBA 2K9 in that you're required to install the game for it to be tied to your account. I had to give Xelios my login details so he could register the game to mine.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the Freedom Force pack featuring both the original and Vs. The Third Reich is part of the 2k sale for $3.74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom