• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some games have 15 cards, which I assume is the maximum amount. I feel that the cap should be 10; anything higher just seems excessive...

...and waiting around for 8 drops is annoying. ;)

But the more cards the more you can theoretically make back from your game, with 8 cards you could get $0.80 back.

DagsJT

UK people trying to buy Lego Marvel, get the url of Lego Marvel (NA) and go to that page. Even though GMG still uses the UK site, you can still go through and buy the North American key. I used this process last night and got a key a few hours later when keys were given out. No need for VPN or Tunnelbear etc.

Arthea

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Tower wars -- MB-F1C9E64C284091F1 - Taken by sapsari
Satazius -- MB-FB11D3224BBDEAD1 - Taken by Accoun

To celebrate me winning a game in yesterdays raffle (*nods to KarmaCow*) and the end of this thread, little giveaway.

The_Monk

Some games have 15 cards, which I assume is the maximum amount. I feel that the cap should be 10; anything higher just seems excessive...

...and waiting around for 8 drops is annoying. ;)

I have a couple of repeats of Brutal Legend but those prices on the Market are just too low to be honest. And with 15 Cards to collect it's not like I'm going to get this badge probably.

Arthea

I have a couple of repeats of Brutal Legend but those prices on the Market are just too low to be honest. And with 15 Cards to collect it's not like I'm going to get this badge probably.

I want Brutal Legend badge, most likely I end up buying cards, although seems a bit too many.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But the more cards the more you can theoretically make back from your game, with 8 cards you could get $0.80 back.

Sure, I can understand the appeal for those who prefer to sell their cards rather than partake in the badge business.

I think the Double Fine games hold the dubious honour of being the first to have their card prices tank to ~10c, haha.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
UK people trying to buy Lego Marvel, get the url of Lego Marvel (NA) and go to that page. Even though GMG still uses the UK site, you can still go through and buy the North American key. I used this process last night and got a key a few hours later when keys were given out. No need for VPN or Tunnelbear etc.

Any chance you could provide a link?

The_Monk

Thanks for the giweaway. Just played a few Warcraft 3 tower defense mods yesterday, I'm in the mood of defending ^^

If you haven't, check Defense Grid fellow GAFfer. Great game, took me about 14 Hours to finish and then you also have Community Levels as in DLC form I believe (you need to send them an email and they give you a code to redeem on Steam).

Steam family sharing does work in offline mode. I have a friend who has completed three of my games in offline mode while I have been playing Football Manager 14.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
If you haven't, check Defense Grid fellow GAFfer. Great game, took me about 14 Hours to finish and then you also have Community Levels as in DLC form I believe (you need to send them an email and they give you a code to redeem on Steam).

I have like 30 hours played with Defense Grid and I still boot it up now and then just to try and get a better medal on a level. It's a very fun tower defense game, my favorite actually.

The_Monk

I have like 30 hours played with Defense Grid and I still boot it up now and then just to try and get a better medal on a level. It's a very fun tower defense game, my favorite actually.

Indeed, I wonder what is the best/similar option for that game.

EDIT: Hmm I see some options above, need to check that.

Hasney

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates Temp Thread - Orange isn't here yet COME HERE YE REFUGEES

Let's end this on high note
Can someone name at least one redeeming quality of Painkiller games?

If I wake up hungover and my brain can't function correctly, it reminds me what to ask my housemate for via Steam chat when I see the name of the game.

Arthea

What if Orange doesn't open the new thread? Will we be stuck in this gray area between threads forever?
It's not Halloween yet, are you aware of that?

MisterM

Thanks, both those methods end up with me getting redirected to the UK site though. Will try TunnelBear when I get home or something, I'll get it somehow!

I TunnelBear'd GMG to put the NA version in my basket. Then disconnected TunnelBear and went to checkout. I did receive an error asking me to re-add my item to the basket which I did and managed to checkout and pay via PayPal using £s for the NA version (it showed up in the basket as Lego Marvel...(NA))

I got my key instantly but I'm at work so the first thing I do when I get home will be activating that bad boy. :)

derExperte

The last level of the first game (which I liked in general) was very cool.
Everything was frozen in time including a huge nuclear explosion cloud. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMWCugNgZCg

I think Revenge of the Titans is great too.

Titans kicked my butt, didn't get very far. Same goes for PixelJunk Monsters, that one must have been designed by a bunch of sadistic assholes. Grrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom