• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I knew of the winter one but wasn't aware of the other two. Are they as big as summer?

Halloween is shorter fellow GAFfer, Autumn might be a little longer but I guess Summer and Winter are usually the bigger ones. But I'm sure someone will going to make this 100% Correct or Incorrect in a second for you. ;)

Oh, interesting. With how the Steam client is showing incorrect hours on most games, I kinda figured that Steamplaytime would be incorrect as well. But I just checked, and it seems the hours are correct. I guess the API call I'm using still reports the correct hours. Which makes it extra strange how the client is continuously spitting out bad stuff.

So if you want to check out what hours you REALLY have in games while Steam is being silly, you can login to Steamplaytime. Games released in the last few weeks won't be showing up, though, because I broke my Steam games update script, and haven't had time to fix it yet.

EDIT: Actually, sounds like you can just check your Steam profile. That's handy.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Why hasn't borntoplay been put on the modbot blacklist yet?

I think everyone has their own blacklists that they have to enable when creating a giveaway, I might be wrong but I don't think there's a communal blacklist, as it'd have to fall on someone to maintain it and I'm guessing Stump doesn't feel like that's something he'd be willing to do. He's mentioned not wanting to name and shame Modbot abusers so I'd think this would fall under similar reasoning.

marrec

Banned
Did you at least meet other homeless steam buddies to share games with?

I shared my games with at least 10 people. Now my games are getting played constantly. Right now in fact, someone is pounding away at my games. Games I didn't even know I had.

Oh where did it all go wrong.

Oh, interesting. With how the Steam client is showing incorrect hours on most games, I kinda figured that Steamplaytime would be incorrect as well. But I just checked, and it seems the hours are correct. I guess the API call I'm using still reports the correct hours. Which makes it extra strange how the client is continuously spitting out bad stuff.

So if you want to check out what hours you REALLY have in games while Steam is being silly, you can login to Steamplaytime. Games released in the last few weeks won't be showing up, though, because I broke my Steam games update script, and haven't had time to fix it yet.
You can just check on your Steam profile, it still reports the correct time.

gabbo

But then they lack the level and encounter design those I mentioned had. In these games you move from arena to arena, from wave to wave and that's it. It's pretty braindead in that regard. There's just no intricacy in them.

It's good that Hard Reset and Bulletstorm devs think they're oldschool, but imo they're selling the genre a bit short. It's not like I can't enjoy them, I mean I liked Infinite which was more closer to these and Bulletstorm was also good.

That's really all it is at this point, a bullet on a list to separate them from CoD/Halo-alikes.
They don't actually play much like Quake or Doom.

Dr Dogg

If there's anything important that is missing from the OP then tell us.

Looks all good. At least it loads way quicker than the last couple. I don't know if you want to emphasis about damage lists being a no no seeing as it's coming up to sale season.

derExperte

I think everyone has their own blacklists that they have to enable when creating a giveaway, I might be wrong but I don't think there's a communal blacklist, as it'd have to fall on someone to maintain it and I'm guessing Stump doesn't feel like that's something he'd be willing to do. He's mentioned not wanting to name and shame Modbot abusers so I'd think this would fall under similar reasoning.

There are three options:

BLOCK username
This will block that username from participating in specific.

(too much hassle imo)

BLACKLIST
This will block any user that another user has permanently blocked--basically, this is when you feel like users are exploiting the system, but you don't know who to block. It's community policing.

(a bit dangerous because someone may have blocked everyone)

and

What to do if a user is so abusive that you want to permanently block them from your giveaways:
Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word permablock. The body should contain, one per line, usernames you want to permanently block.

(that's what I use, you don't have to do anything, they get blocked automatically)

why i have to be on the black list??? you have a problem with me?..:/

Maybe you haven't noticed yet (could say thank you or something...) but you have won Deadly Premonition. Please, please, please prove me and others wrong and play it when it's released.

Accoun

By the way: thanks for Fractal, KarmaCow. For some reason I missed the PM when I checked the inbox, so I'm a bit late with that...

ShaneB

Don't post much at all in the Steam threads anymore, a combination of the thread moving too fast, and the fact that I'm not playing many games anymore besides Madden 08 (wacky me).

I just keep waiting to hear news of whenever Pinball Arcade is going to show up =/

derExperte

When does the Holiday Sale typically start again?

Which one? Christmas sale started last year on the 20th of December. And there was a smaller one directly before that. Plus Halloween next Monday.

I would say somewhere in October 28-29th but that might be a coincidence with the release of Slender on Steam. Assuming you are talking about the Halloween Sale, that is.

Afair the Slender devs said they'll release on the day the sale starts.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
oooo almost forgot POE is coming tomorrow!
New leagues n stuff!

I know I'm excited. I haven't played for about 6 months, but I assume we'll be able to use our same characters on the Steam version, right?

I know I'm excited. I haven't played for about 6 months, but I assume we'll be able to use our same characters on the Steam version, right?

Yes, just link it to your existing account when you start it for the first time on Steam ( will ask for your existing username and password ).

If there's anything important that is missing from the OP then tell us.

Will do sah! I shall have to set a date with the OP to give it a thorough going over [oo-er] since it is so comprehensive. My initial reaction however is that the icons are much better for being more compact and the denim background on those and the other images is very aesthetically pleasing to me. Fine work :).

People are claiming that you win too many giveaways. Defend your honor with facts. It is the only way.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the number of his wins so much but that the wins go to other people. The individual concerned has admitted that he gives them to friends and family. Whilst that might strictly be against the rules of ModBot [understandable; how could one police that without it being a huge P.I.T.A] it most certainly is against the spirit of ModBot. The fact that some of the natives are riled up about it is testament to that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes, just link it to your existing account when you start it for the first time on Steam ( will ask for your existing username and password ).

Yeah! Although not in the leagues. New chars and stuff (Keeps the economy fresh and fun).

Alright cool. I have a feeling I know what I'm doing this weekend
once I finally beat Final Fantasy VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom