• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

The problem is that it mostly feels like I'm shuffling numbers around. I'm having a hard time getting immersed and feeling like the research and buildings are real things and not just stat boosts and unlocks.

I think I understand your problem. Civilization is kind of a game that encourages you to create objectives for yourself before setting up the game and than making an effort to reach those objectives. You actually can pick random civilization for starters and see where flow of time gets you, but much more fun is to have a plan beforehand. For example you decide that Elizabeth has to rule the world, and she has to be warmonger and in police state. Then set up your game and "make it so" (read this in Picard's voice).
Also you might want to adjust your timer for timer to flow faster (you can do it while setting up your game).
Don't know about how much immersion you can get, but civs can get pretty intense for me, especially if things go not exactly my way all the time.

Hopefully Prototype 2 will hit $4.99 on sale.

And, crossing my fingers here, CoD:MW3 at $10.

DN35Izd.gif

Milamber

I think I understand your problem. Civilization is kind of a game that encourages you to create objectives for yourself before setting up the game and than making an effort to reach those objectives. You actually can pick random civilization for starters and see where flow of time gets you, but much more fun is to have a plan beforehand. For example you decide that Elizabeth has to rule the world, and she has to be warmonger and in police state. Then set up your game and "make it so" (read this in Picard's voice).
Also you might want to adjust your timer for timer to flow faster (you can do it while setting up your game).
Don't know about how much immersion you can get, but civs can get pretty intense for me, especially if things go not exactly my way all the time.
So you're saying he's made for Crusader Kings II?

l4jOlNf.gif

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
That guy is gonna feel really silly when he realizes why that hood won't close.

And a little bit of Mass Effect (small party, dialogue system) sprinkled in. I enjoyed the first few hours
the prison break was fun, including planning and execution
, but quit soon after getting to the second story part. The original release also had HILARIUS bad voice acting, but I think they patched new voices in (too bad really).

Ah didn't know about the new voices. Might check that out one day.

Li Kao

I don't. I actually used to; sorting them in PC and Emulation categories, but I stopped doing that since Steam constantly removes my emulator shortcuts.

Thank you very much for the game adaen!

I remember Jase mentioning a file to backup/restore in case of missing categories. Don't recall the name though :-/

Edit - Fuck it, answered already by Kafiend.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87086413&postcount=853
That's what you get for replying before catching up with the thread :-/

Ledsen

I'll try it again, but I was so surprised when it didn't grab me considering the universal praise it gets. I didn't think I'd have to approach it in any special way.

So you're saying he's made for Crusader Kings II?

Hey man... I already love CK2. Amazing game :) In that game though, I have an easier time connecting the mechanics and the "story" of my game. When I do things and when stuff happens I can easily imagine what's actually going on down there in the castles and on the fields. Civ V feels so much more abstracted and I have a hard time getting invested in it despite its beautiful surface. I love board games with a very strong theme that connects the visuals, game mechanics and my internal "story" and I guess it carries over to videogames as well.

hitoshi

Have fun

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

SpellForce 2 Faith in Destiny -- MB-3FEC04EE3467844D - Taken by Eanan

Jawmuncher

I don't think BLOPS2 got one at all if I remember right. Activision kind of know that people will pay full price for most of this year.

Expect 10% at most.

Not pertaining to what I quoted but I won the game giveaway.
Thanks again i'll be playing it for Halloween!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Isn't the Director's Cut version of DX available everywhere by now? I'll assume it is not and that's the reason the game has no cards yet.

The_Monk

Finally, my most anticipated game of 2013 has a storepage

I haven't heard about it but it seems interesting to be honest. Thanks for sharing fellow GAFfer. Any info on the price? Seems like a relaxing game, hope it's intuitive and easy to get into.

Hasney

Isn't the Director's Cut version of DX available everywhere by now? I'll assume it is not and that's the reason the game has no cards yet.

Nope. It's Friday officially for us European peasants.

I haven't heard about it but it seems interesting to be honest. Thanks for sharing fellow GAFfer. Any info on the price? Seems like a relaxing game, hope it's intuitive and easy to get into.

I concur. SELL US ON THESE WARES PriitV

I think I've been shellshocked by RTS since a child because all I want to see is waves of enemies descending on these beautiful towns. It's pretty much that way for every city building game that isn't Civ.

Damn C&C at age ten.... Which is the cool way we used to refer to Command and Conquer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So Halloween sale = Games relating to Halloween?
I hope Ghost Recon makes it.

Why would Ghost Recon be in a Halloween sale outside of having "Ghost" in the title?

I wish GoG would put the OG X-box/PC Ghost Recon on sale. :(

Arthea

Oh great, that's what I needed, another game that I can sink countless hours in!
That was sarcasm /\. Banished looks great. <-This is not

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'll try it again, but I was so surprised when it didn't grab me considering the universal praise it gets. I didn't think I'd have to approach it in any special way.

Hey man... I already love CK2. Amazing game :) In that game though, I have an easier time connecting the mechanics and the "story" of my game. When I do things and when stuff happens I can easily imagine what's actually going on down there in the castles and on the fields. Civ V feels so much more abstracted and I have a hard time getting invested in it despite its beautiful surface. I love board games with a very strong theme that connects the visuals, game mechanics and my internal "story" and I guess it carries over to videogames as well.

Have you played Alpha Centauri? Out of all the Civ games I've tried, I think it's the one that grabbed me the most since I found its fiction a lot more interesting than vanilla Civs historical scenarios. I've also heard good things about Civ mods though I've never tried any. I think there was a...Theological, or maybe Mythological one that looked neat?

Ledsen

Finally, my most anticipated game of 2013 has a storepage.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242920/
header.jpg

Oh shit I've been keeping my eyes on this on the behalf of my fiancée since it was announced... looks amazing (for her).

Have you played Alpha Centauri? Out of all the Civ games I've tried, I think it's the one that grabbed me the most since I found its fiction a lot more interesting than vanilla Civs historical scenarios. I've also heard good things about Civ mods though I've never tried any. I think there was a...Theological, or maybe Mythological one that looked neat?

Tried it for about an hour but that barely counts, so no. I like sci-fi though :)

Jawmuncher

Why would Ghost Recon be in a Halloween sale outside of having "Ghost" in the title?

I wish GoG would put the OG X-box/PC Ghost Recon on sale. :(

Actually that would be the best kind of Halloween sale.
Games that by name could be related but aren't at all.

Li Kao

Yep, the R331 is the Geforce 331.58, optimized for Oranges. You probably had to do a "Clean" reinstall of your PhysX in the end.

Hey can anybody enlighten me about the orange thing ? I saw the joke (I think) on RPS about one or two games and now here. What's the pun ?

Deques

Serious Sam Double D XXL which was an Xbox live arcade game is now available in Steam. All who already have Serious Sam Double D got this game for free

Li Kao

The problem is that it mostly feels like I'm shuffling numbers around. I'm having a hard time getting immersed and feeling like the research and buildings are real things and not just stat boosts and unlocks.

Just a side observation full of cosmetic vacuity, but I really miss Civ 2 (I think). In this one when you constructed something, the building appeared in your town view. Not a dealbreaker but it really added to that connection between stats and game world to me.
Nowadays, you're lucky if the game takes the time to draw a wonder.

The_Monk

Amazing, there was also another game being made by one person too but I can't recall the name. It even had a thread on GAF recently and the dev posted in it, it gave some sort of futuristic/old fallout atmosphere, view was from the top. If anyone remember this, give me the name, please.

On a side note I just saw one Monitor that I simply adore but there's no way I can afford but it's just my style, so, so pretty. Hnnng and it's bigger than I would want too (23").

Milamber

On a side note I just saw one Monitor that I simply adore but there's no way I can afford but it's just my style, so, so pretty. Hnnng and it's bigger than I would want too (23").

But the standard sizes for monitors are 23"~24" for like 3 years now. What are you using?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey how safe are you from the bushfire? I know you are from Australia though and that's like a candle and whatnot but still...

I'm on the opposite side of the country, so I'll be okay. I appreciate the concern. :)

Ledsen

Amazing, there was also another game being made by one person too but I can't recall the name. It even had a thread on GAF recently and the dev posted in it, it gave some sort of futuristic/old fallout atmosphere, view was from the top. If anyone remember this, give me the name, please.

STASIS

Anteater

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DeathSpank, DeathSpank Thongs of Virtue, On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode One, -- MB-C83F6EF93F417E72 - Taken by Cth. 12 entrants total.

t1382545452z1.png

Hope i got this right, because there area multiple games in one line :eek:

Li Kao

Hey how safe are you from the bushfire? I know you are from Australia though and that's like a candle and whatnot but still...

Wonderful phenomenon when a community is so nice that it expands from being about its topic but begin being concerned about its members safe-being.

On a not so unrelated topic, Banished seems good, well worth a play, but its description makes me miss an hardcore town simulation. Some game that simulate the creation of a city. But that's because birth of cities is a topic I'm interested in for a book I won't write.

The_Monk

But the standard sizes for monitors are 23"~24" for like 3 years now. What are you using?

Quoting myself from a old reply that kinda answers your question:

I actually don't have a motherboard and the rest of the components. I'm saving & starting all over for a simple/humble PC after unexpected bills. I had this DVD Drive with that thing red cable attached to it and the other cable too stored for some time but I remember that it used to be connected to the hard drive. I want to keep everything I can, I also have my 2005 Creative 2.1 speakers still alive after 8 years, one case and I'm trying to get one of those CRT or old TFT Monitors. :)

The answer would be getting a 15" but I still don't know for now. Mock if you want, just don't hurt my feelings, please.

Yes, thank you fellow GAFfer, so good. I really want to play this game. Can't wait for more info or some gameplay, I think he said that a demo won't happen anytime soon or at all, but I would be happy with some nice gameplay to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom