• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I amazed friends and family for all of ten minutes with Limbo, and then they left the room. Still, it's a pretty fun game to run through once if you're in that kind of mood.

Hasney

I found some more Steam keys for games I already own in old bundles.

edit: was meaning to make it a free for all, but forgot to add "MULTIENTRY". Is there some way to tell Modbot to change the rules? If not it will stay this way.

You can nuke them and start again

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

DocSeuss

A genre I'm not very familiar with

OH REALLY?

I don't have a good gif to express the sudden and extreme interest on my face right now, in part because I'm only feeling it inside. Outside is a hollow, dessicated husk.

But.

City Builders are awesome. They're focused on economics and buildings. Sure, you've got SimCity, but ignore that. What you really want is: Tropico 4 (mmm, sexy), The Settlers VII: Paths to a Kingdom (there is some combat, but very easy; not the focus), and the Anno games.

It's an amazing genre that I sink hours into because I just love making buildings and seeing how they relate to each other, getting my economy to flow, and allowing me to build maps.

Tropico 5 news today is making me lose my mind. April cannot come fast enough.

Tagyhag

Since all these old games keep popping up, would you guys be interested in The Nations and its sequel? I actually never played the 2nd but as a fan of The Settlers the first was a lot of fun.

29890625.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since all these old games keep popping up, would you guys be interested in The Nations and its sequel? I actually never played the 2nd but as a fan of The Settlers the first was a lot of fun.

29890625.jpg

Nordic owns the games now. Maybe we'll see them re-released one day.

Tropico 5 news today is making me lose my mind. April cannot come fast enough.

Hmmm.... I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I love the Tropico series and am pretty satisfied with what Haemimont has done with it. But on the other, I don't have much faith in kalypso, what with the constant stream of trivial DLC for Tropico 4 and the way Legend of Pegasus was handled.

JaseC

Hmmm.... I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I love the Tropico series and am pretty satisfied with what Haemimont has done with it. But on the other, I don't have much faith in kalypso, what with the constant stream of trivial DLC for Tropico 4 and the way Legend of Pegasus was handled.

This needs to be brought back to Steam already, Special Edition and all. Amazon and GameFly are already selling the standard edition again.

Li Kao

So you guys are saying I should install the latest Tropico I got from a bundle ? Hmm, never really looked into it and always thought it was a quality series but not a must play.
Is it still good if you're legit ? I fear my inside white knight won't go all banana republic...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
quoting myself from the other Dark Matter thread

Figured I might check it out, even though I know the ending is crap. According to what I've read on the other thread and elsewhere, most of the Dark Matter staff were laid off when their kickstarter didn't happen. Like most people, I have my doubts this will return.

The question now is... do I sell my Dark Matter trading cards, or hold on to them? Obviously at the moment there is a finite supply and they've already gone up to between $0.80 and $2.00 each.

Dr Dogg

Figured I might check it out, even though I know the ending is crap. According to what I've read on the other thread and elsewhere, most of the Dark Matter staff were laid off when their kickstarter didn't happen. Like most people, I have my doubts this will return.

The question now is... do I sell my Dark Matter trading cards, or hold on to them? Obviously at the moment there is a finite supply and they've already gone up to between $0.80 and $2.00 each.

Sale coming up but is now the time to cash in? Hahaha the dilemmas we face.

But is it actually fixed???

If it adds 1 to your "Games Owned" count I think that's fixed enough for some people.

Hasney

So you guys are saying I should install the latest Tropico I got from a bundle ? Hmm, never really looked into it and always thought it was a quality series but not a must play.
Is it still good if you're legit ? I fear my inside white knight won't go all banana republic...

Oh yeah, I'm an evil bastard so I can do it like that, but at least in Tropico 4, you can attempt to do the right thing mostly. End up throwing air conditioners in housing and making sure people have homes instead of huts to live in and you'll be fine. Might even get less rebels that way.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

If you don't need the money they may skyrocket in the near future.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you don't need the money they may skyrocket in the near future.

That's what I'm hoping. It's 4 card drops so I'll probably wait until those four cards are worth the $15 I just spent on this broke-ass game. :p

Or if it goes up for sale again: sell sell sell!!!

Chronoja

Do booster packs still drop for games that have been pulled off steam? If they do then the supply of cards is still pretty much infinite.

Would you say that you treated them to an afternoon delight?
... I don't think I could doooo, uh, that, with family in the room.

Limbo is awesome the whole way through.
It is.... to an extent? I don't know. I thought the puzzles were kind of empty and lacking, never felt the need to go deeper through extra playthroughs. But a few years removed from that little 360 of mine, I have the urge to check it out again. It is undeniably beautiful to play and the atmosphere never disappoints.

here you go friends

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

FTL: Faster than Light -- MB-A1AC70D174544F25 - Taken by erila

jshackles

Do booster packs still drop for games that have been pulled off steam? If they do then the supply of cards is still pretty much infinite.

Nobody really knows for sure. Once I've idled all the cards out of it I'll check to see if I'm "eligible" anyway.

To my knowledge this is the first game with trading cards that has been pulled from Steam.

Since the devs get a cut on all of the marketplace sales of their items, I can't imagine Valve would continue to reward them by releasing booster packs, but like I said nobody really knows the status on this.

nexen

It is.... to an extent? I don't know. I thought the puzzles were kind of empty and lacking, never felt the need to go deeper through extra playthroughs. But a few years removed from that little 360 of mine, I have the urge to check it out again. It is undeniably beautiful to play and the atmosphere never disappoints.

I think Limbo gets shit on on because it starts out with so much amazing promise and then devolves into something mundane, but with good atmosphere.

JaseC

Of course. For a game to support cards the developer needs to have provided Valve with everything -- the cards themselves, high-res art, backgrounds and emoticons. Continued input isn't necessary.

erila

Neo Member

I thought booster packs only dropped after someone crafted a set?

If that's the case, in a scenario where a game gets pulled from steam (so a finite number of people get drops), if lots of those people sit on cards and don't craft badges or trade the cards to let others do so, there'd be fewer booster packs dropping, so cards would increase in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom