• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought booster packs only dropped after someone crafted a set?

If that's the case, in a scenario where a game gets pulled from steam (so a finite number of people get drops), if lots of those people sit on cards and don't craft badges or trade the cards to let others do so, there'd be fewer booster packs dropping, so cards would increase in value.

The key economic principles of supply and demand would dictate that if the game does not come back to Steam, the price of the cards can only go up.

Even if people crafted the cards into badges which prompts Valve to drop booster packs, there are still a finite number of cards in the economy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If that's the case, in a scenario where a game gets pulled from steam (so a finite number of people get drops), if lots of those people sit on cards and don't craft badges or trade the cards to let others do so, there'd be fewer booster packs dropping, so cards would increase in value.

The frequency of booster drops is supposedly determined by the frequency in which people are crafting badges, yes.

Edit: Oh, if you're asking about booster pack eligibility, you only need to have used up your drops for a given game -- crafting doesn't play into it.

nexen

The key economic principles of supply and demand would dictate that if the game does not come back to Steam, the price of the cards can only go up.

Even if people crafted the cards into badges which prompts Valve to drop booster packs, there are still a finite number of cards in the economy.

Demand may reduce to zero though. Case in point: my goddamned foil. :(

Chronoja

Booster packs can drop for a user once they've obtained all the card drops and have been active on steam for like....10 hours a week or something, can't remember the specifics off hand.

The reason I bring it up is because long term the supply is somewhat limited. Booster packs can only drop to those who owned the game before it was pulled, after that no new account can ever become eligible for drops. As those accounts are removed from the supply pool then it does render the cards somewhat finite. I guess it just takes so long for that to happen that it's probably not a problem....probably.

derExperte

Man, F.E.A.R. is still great. Really surprised that it holds up so well after 8 years. And it's just as scary now as it was back then. Recommend that everybody buy the bundle on GMG. Great value.

erila

Neo Member
The frequency of booster drops is supposedly determined by the frequency in which people are crafting badges, yes.

Edit: Oh, if you're asking about booster pack eligibility, you only need to have used up your drops for a given game -- crafting doesn't play into it.

I get how the eligibility works. I think I might have misunderstood what the other poster meant by "infinite supply". I was saying that if hardly anyone is crafting badges there'd be no booster packs being made available anyway.

Either way, I wish I'd bought the game before it got pulled. My collector mentality is kicking in here.

I'll be able to do it in an hour. I don't notice anything wrong at the moment and I'm sure this is going to break my little illusion.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS DAMMIT.

Thanks, could really help with understanding if it's global/related to specific hardware/drivers etc.

Is this about the mouse lag? There's a thread about that somewhere. And while I hope they fix it, it only affects a few games, I've been gaming on 8.1 for months.

It's not only affecting games, there's acceleration/delay in Windows as well, although not as noticeable. CSGO is completely unplayable without raw mouse input.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait Dark Matter actually got removed? That's kind of shitty.

The store says:

Notice: Currently there is a known issue at the end of the game. The developer is aware of the issue and they are working on a patch as a solution.

But many others have pointed out that the developers laid off most of the staff after the game didn't get kickstarted.

So it'll be surprising if it comes back at all.

Either way, I wish I'd bought the game before it got pulled. My collector mentality is kicking in here.

I can confirm that you can still purchase a Steam key from Get Games Go. For now.

erila

Neo Member
here you go friends

I won this, Thanks SonicXtreme!

Hope I've done this right.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Defenders of Ardania -- MB-7E29BBF9715D6704 - Taken by Kifimbo

derExperte

Thanks, could help with understanding if it's global/related to specific hardware/drivers etc.

It's not only affecting games, there's acceleration/delay in Windows as well, although not as noticeable. CSGO is completely unplayable without raw mouse input.

I haven't noticed any changes on the desktop when going from 8 to 8.1 Preview to RTM.

Running that Mouse Recorder now, what exactly do you want to know? Shows me a bunch of numbers. ;)

I did, but the link doesn't work. Says it's been taken :/

Hm.

AsylumX

Ok!
You all have been sogood.gif to me, I'm gonna giveaway a "clone" of everything I've purchased from various bundles this week.

Who'll get Ticket to Ride can PM me and I'll send him/her the code to 1910 USA DLC.

(Also, I've changed a bunch of stuff on the ModBot PM, I hope autocorrections will work anyway... :D )

Thanks Copons. Awesome giveaway.

I did, but the link doesn't work. Says it's been taken :/

Everyone, gather your pitchforks and torches... !!!

I know Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC is a new entry, but I heard somewhere that your original achievements carry over to the new version. Is this true?

Turfster

Ok, not sure If I should finish the original game or start the DC version.

Define finish. How far along are you?
(Also, how long did it take you to get there? If it took you more than let's say a week, I assume you're not primed for an instant replay like I was ;)

Grief.exe

The store says:

But many others have pointed out that the developers laid off most of the staff after the game didn't get kickstarted.

So it'll be surprising if it comes back at all.

The team working on it is gone so it will almost certainly never be finished.

They have been updating the beta depots of the registry app the past couple days. Someone is trying to finish the game and put it back up for sale.

jshackles

I haven't noticed any changes on the desktop when going from 8 to 8.1 Preview to RTM.

Running that Mouse Recorder now, what exactly do you want to know? Shows me a bunch of numbers. ;)

In short: if you see any red/green boxes while moving your mouse, your mouse cursor (in Windows) is not moving according to your movement, ie. mouse movement is not 1:1; there's some kind of acceleration/delay.

This is what it looks like if there's acceleration/delay:

1yirui.png

If everything is black though, there's no problem and that's great.

If that's the case, please provide relevant details :)

Mouse: model, dpi, Hz, drivers
Setup: GPU, CPU, drivers, monitor-frequency

Thanks!

Are you sure you copied the key correctly? Jshackles and Joe didn't have any issues.

I copied and pasted it and also tried typing it in manually. Not sure what else I can try.

All that's left is to e-mail GGG for a replacement.

Just did. GGG is the only shop I've ever had trouble with before, and I knew I should have continued to stay away from them :/

Wasting my damn day sending emails.

Thorgal

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
DESURA eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-C67691BD52EE26E4 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.

t1382545492z1.png

Good luck

first try so i hope i did it right.

Define finish. How far along are you?
(Also, how long did it take you to get there? If it took you more than let's say a week, I assume you're not primed for an instant replay like I was ;)

Not much, like 5-6 hours in. I stopped playing a few months ago because I had to many games on my hands.

Maybe it's a good chance to start over.

Copons

Good luck

first try so i hope i did it right.

Just to point out, in case someone may wonder and question Thorgal honesty.

He entered my giveaway for error and won (talk about coincidences :D ). He ASAPly told me that he didn't redeem the key, in case I wanted to put it out again. I told him he could nuke the key or use it however he'd like.

tl;dr he isn't stealing keys just to obtain street cred. :D

Dr Dogg

I just bought it off of get games go and it says the key is invalid so...

This usually happens when they're out of keys. For some ungodly reason their store still accepts the sale and generates an invalid key. Had it happen to me twice with Get Games now. On both occasions I didn't get charged but funds were allocated from my card so had to get the auth code from them and was a right pain in the arse to get it reversed before the 3-5 days hold was up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh. Amazon added a Modern Warfare bundle for 56% off. Claims to be Steam, but 2 and 3 have actual download sizes listed, so I dunno...

Modern Warfare 2 marks the point where CoD PC releases began using Steamworks, so rest assured it and 3 most definitely come with keys.

A billing issue presumably because they're in the UK even though that's never been an issue before.

Maybe the third time's the charm. ;)

Thorgal

Just to point out, in case someone may wonder and question Thorgal honesty.

He entered my giveaway for error and won (talk about coincidences :D ). He ASAPly told me that he didn't redeem the key, in case I wanted to put it out again. I told him he could nuke the key or use it however he'd like.

tl;dr he isn't stealing keys just to obtain street cred. :D

Yes . apologies for that .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom