• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

In short: if you see any red/green boxes while moving your mouse, your mouse cursor (in Windows) is not moving according to your movement, ie. mouse movement is not 1:1; there's some kind of acceleration/delay.

This is what it looks like if there's acceleration/delay:

1yirui.png

If everything is black though, there's no problem and that's great.

If that's the case, please provide relevant details :)

Mouse: model, dpi, Hz, drivers
Setup: GPU, CPU, drivers, monitor-frequency

Thanks!

Majority red and green, but I am seeing a bit of black no matter what DPI setting I use on my mouse. Roccat Kone+, I can live with this I think.

Turfster

Greenmangaming has 75% off the Thief games (separately, not the pack for some reason), making them ridiculously cheap with the 20% off coupon.
You really have no excuse not to own them now.

derExperte

Ok, thanks! Could you try without Enhanced Pointer Precision though? EPP = acceleration.

Doesn't change anything as far as I can see, still a lot of green and red (shows 'off' in the one column and the mouse feels different so it's definitely off).

Hasney

Just want to say that I'm glad Steam works they way it does in some respects. Full OS install, run Steam from it's directory and once it's done a couple of things, all my games I had downloaded are there and working. It even resumed the downloads I had on before the OS install.

Origin wants me to download everything again, despite them all being there in it's default location. Cheers EA.

Majority red and green, but I am seeing a bit of black no matter what DPI setting I use on my mouse. Roccat Kone+, I can live with this I think.
Doesn't change anything as far as I can see, still a lot of green and red (shows 'off' in the one column and the mouse feels different so it's definitely off).

Thanks for the info.

So far, it seems impossible to get 1:1 movement in 8.1. It's only empirical but I've checked with my colleagues, friends and users on reddit/gaf, and not a single person is seeing 1:1 movement via MMR.

It's most definitely something Microsoft have to solve on their side, since the problem disappears with raw mouse input.

But maybe I shouldn't rule out the possibility of incompatible mouse drivers just yet.

Dr Dogg

Grid 2 now has a demo.

Hmmmm. Interesting. Hopefully they release a demo for F1 2013 down the line as well as I'm more partial to that but got the feeling it will run like crap for me.

If beta candidates are broken down into countries and sorted by game count, I think I have a good chance.

If beta candidates are broken down into countries and sorted by percentage of games played, I'm screwed.

Better get idling just in case. To be fair I think the beta would be wasted on me. Though I do want to get my hands on the controller and try out the OS on a low powered HTPC I've got kicking around.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If beta candidates are broken down into countries and sorted by game count, I think I have a good chance.

If beta candidates are broken down into countries and sorted by percentage of games played (with amount of games taken into consideration), I'm screwed.

Turfster

If beta candidates are broken down into countries and sorted by percentage of games played (with those with more games given higher ranking), I'm screwed.

Jase, Jase, Jase...
You know nobody wants to ship stuff to your country.
The moment it reaches the shores, it's attacked by drop bears and spiders the size of houses.

Li Kao

Just compared the price of a bunch of recently released early access / indie games between Steam and the games' official sites, there is generally a good economy to be made for EuroGaf.
Still would cost me 83 euros for the bunch though, oh winter sale why don't you come...

Dr Dogg

Jase, Jase, Jase...
You know nobody wants to ship stuff to your country.
The moment it reaches the shores, it's attacked by drop bears and spiders the size of houses.

Knowing Jase's luck he'll get in but under the loopy import restrictions the Australian government will think Steam Machine is some kind of agricultural machinery and destroy it under the pretense of being a Biosecurity Risk Material.

Hasney

Looks like the eXceed I got was Gun Bullet Children, the one I already had, so I am putting it back up.

PLEASE SEND ALL THANKS TO BAHA FOR THIS GAME AND NOT MYSELF

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-E863BF378E3CE500 - Taken by Iron Badger

Lint21

Neo Member
Some rare and valuable Steam keys:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Men Of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-E3F290EC9FD9AE71 - Taken by yoshizzle
Reign Conflict Of Nations -- MB-D4B25DC4DB9D078B - Taken by Dimitri2401. 3 entrants total.
Death To Spies Gold -- MB-303613FC1BCA5B05 - Taken by nexen. 1 entrants total.

t1382547742z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That explains why the meat was so stringy...

I liked kangaroo meat the one time I tried it!

Knowing Jase's luck he'll get in but under the loopy import restrictions the Australian government will think Steam Machine is some kind of agricultural machinery and destroy it under the pretense of being a Biosecurity Risk Material.

"'Steam Machine'? Is that some sort of drug user lingo? Banned!"

Li Kao

That explains why the meat was so stringy...

Yeah, I'm kinda sad SYABH's humble widget thing doesn't match the Steam sale.

Yup, the unruly ones are SYABH, How to survive (does this game even has a real site) and Incognita (not purchasable on steam for the time being).

Turfster

I liked kangaroo meat the one time I tried it!
(To be honest, it's been like, 15 years since I was over there and ate some, and since I can't even remember what I ate last night... ;)
Yup, the unruly ones are SYABH, How to survive (does this game even has a real site) and Incognita (not purchasable on steam for the time being).

Well, Incognita gives you basically a 2 pack, so that's not so bad.

Li Kao

(To be honest, it's been like, 15 years since I was over there and ate some, and since I can't even remember what I ate last night... ;)

Well, Incognita gives you basically a 2 pack, so that's not so bad.

Oh totally, I only listed the ones that were pricier or not purchasable on both official site / steam.

For the record here is the bunch of games whose price I checked :
Eldritch
How to survive
Incognita x2
SpaceBase DF-9
Gone Home
Sir you are being hunted
Nuclear Throne
Stanley Parable
I know Gaf doesn't like lists but man do this one make me horny...

erila

Neo Member
Turns out the previous winner already had the game, so nuked the giveaway and reposting.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Defenders of Ardania -- MB-7E29BBF9715D6704 - Taken by chronomac

Honey Bunny

I had no idea Deadly Premonition was coming to pc. Fantastic. Though, I'm not sure how I'd feel playing it at a super high res with tons of AA or whatever. It's supposed to be an ugly game.

Dr Dogg

Damn it! I need to go out but keep checking the front page for some magical update and now I'm getting tempted by Path of Exile. I purposely avoided that as it looks like it will eat away hours of my life but Achievements and Trading Cards are wooing me in.

Li Kao

I had no idea Deadly Premonition was coming to pc. Fantastic. Though, I'm not sure how I'd feel playing it at a super high res with tons of AA or whatever. It's supposed to be an ugly game.

Keep faith, considering the dev history, and without judging the game itself, I'm fairly confident it will still be ugly ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom