• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

If they were to bring 1 old RTS back from Ensemble Studios, I want it to be Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.
I want this so bad.
I'm a huge SW nerd so it always bothered the living hell out of me that they misnamed some of the units. Also iirc they shared art for a unit across sides that was Republic/Empire specific. (I think the hover tanks)

Turfster

Looks like the cards are finally working for HR: Director's Cut.

What?
But... "This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 14 hours"
And it's 9 cards?
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix!

Edit: Wow, these descriptions are very... lazy.

didamangi

It's weird that Path of Exile is region locked on steam, considering they have a good SG server the last time I played it for SEA players.

Turfster

Different unlock times for digital games are ridiculous, especially just for a new version of a 2 year old game.

It's even sillier when there is no competition with retail because it's not getting a brick and mortar rerelease on the PC.
Oh. And the console versions are already out.
What. The. Fuck. Squenix.

Grief.exe

Controller and make sure you set advanced controls before playing. Something like Y - Spear, B - Roll.

And set zoom out to toggle instead of hold.

Any other suggestions for controls?

It's even sillier when there is no competition with retail because it's not getting a brick and mortar rerelease on the PC.

Square Enix literally can't make rational decisions anymore.

Though I will say, their pricing model for the Director's Cut on PC is spot on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Careful, Squeenix might decide to remove the game from the sub.

Turfster

Careful, Squeenix might decide to remove the game from the sub.
Sigh.

In other news, Eleusis keys are being added to the Groupees be mine 8 bundle... but mine hasn't appeared yet, so I guess it's staggered again.

... and the Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 daily is finally active, 36 minutes after being announced on the news page.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Path of Exile having Steam Trading Cards is an exciting prospect. It either means that their cosmetic ("non-pay-to-win") DLC is coming to the Steam version, or they'll be using Steam's in-game payment system for said DLC.

Either way, you'll be able to purchase the content using Steam wallet funds.

Baha

Sigh.

In other news, Eleusis keys are being added to the Groupees be mine 8 bundle... but mine hasn't appeared yet, so I guess it's staggered again.

... and the Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 daily is finally active, 36 minutes after being announced on the news page.

Thanks for the heads up, got my key.

JaseC

Path of Exile having Steam Trading Cards is an exciting prospect. It either means that their cosmetic ("non-pay-to-win") DLC is coming to the Steam version, or they'll be using Steam's in-game payment system for said DLC.

Either way, you'll be able to purchase the content using Steam wallet funds.

The latter would be my guess as it's far easier to manage.

Dr Dogg

I feel like I'm living in a dial up era. The sooner fiber gets here the better.

The bizarre justification of not releasing digital games at the same time is just baffling especiall DX:HR - DC. "Ah yes but chart tracking is from Friday to Thursday." But Steam don't release sales figures. "Oh um well we might upset retailers." But you're not stocking it at retail. "Yes, well *runs*".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Grief.exe

There are the Path of Exile Achivements

• "UnlockScion",
  • "EquipUnique",
  • "Level60",
  • "Level70",
  • "EquipRareEachSlot",
  • "SlayBurningShockedFrozen",
  • "Level60HC",
  • "Level70HC",
  • "Level80",
  • "Level20Gem",
  • "KillMerveil",
  • "KillVaal",
  • "KillPiety",
  • "Level8InRace",
  • "Level80HC",
  • "SideWithBandits",
  • "ShatterFiveInOne",
  • "RollSixLink",
  • "Paradigm Shift",
  • "OpenGoldenChest",
  • "Level90HC",
  • "Level90",
  • "KillDominusWitch",
  • "KillDominusTemplar",
  • "FinishMercilessHC",
  • "FinishMerciless",
  • "FinishCruelHC",
  • FinishCruel",
  • "AllEnvironmentLore",
  • "ChanceUnique",
  • "AllWaypoints",
  • "AllOptionalQuests",
  • "FinishNormal",
  • : "FinishNormalHC",
  • "FullClearMap",
  • "KillDominusShadow",
  • "KillDominusScion",
  • "KillDominusRanger",
  • : "KillDominusMarauder",
  • "KillDominusDuelist",
  • "KillBrutus",
  • "HaveThreeTotems",
  • "Have15Charges",
  • "AllOptionalDialogue",

JaseC

It makes me sad I can't permanently add PoE to my games library.

Well, if Grinding Gear does release DLC on the store, while buying a piece won't tie the game to your account per se, it will tether it to your library.

nexen

Trackball only.
Paddle_NEW.jpg

Well, if Grinding Gear does release DLC on the store, while buying a piece won't tie the game to your account per se, it will tether it to your library.
On that note, thank you Sonic CD for having some Spiral Knights DLC bonus.

Seems you can't even buy the good Sonic games without getting speckled in some feces.

jshackles

There are the Path of Exile Achivements

(big list of strings)

I wonder what will happen when I load my existing character from the beta. Since I've already done a lot of these things, I wonder if the achievements will unlock automatically.

I'm kinda hoping the answer is no.

Li Kao

Mmh, I always thought that if you spend even a little money on a FTP it would then be attached to your account. Wrong ?

JaseC

I believe purchasing content now ties the game permanently to your library

In-game transactions don't count. It has to be store-bought DLC.

Mmh, I always thought that if you spend even a little money on a FTP it would then be attached to your account. Wrong ?

What I mean is that your game count won't go up but the game will remain in your library even when uninstalled.

Grief.exe

In-game transactions don't count. It has to be store-bought DLC.

That's unfortunate. If you've purchased any kind of content, it should tie it to your account. At that point, it shouldn't be up to the developers.

I guess if you really like a F2P game, keep it permanently installed and backed up.

jshackles

I'm surprised they didn't do what most F2P titles on Steam do - make a "Starter Pack" that has some cosmetic DLC stuff. I also hope they release some sort of store DLC as I too would like this game permanently attached to my account.

I guess they really wanted to hit home that the game is free.

So what's the minimum you have to pay to get cards? I guess it's something ridiculous as in TF2.

Last I knew it was the same for all F2P titles - $9 per card drop.

Grief.exe

Payment options just added to the Enslaved Sub

7 minutes ago Changed PurchaseRestrictedCountries – JP › AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA LV LT EE
7 minutes ago Changed AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries – 0 › 1

Me: Man, Limbo was alright and beautiful and all, I hope people enjoy it a bit more than I did, I remember it was pretty fun on the 360 when it released.

avHippo.jpg

"Let me and chance gift you this game, bitter one."

Me:

Gonna have to pay this forward somehow... To be continued.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
So happy they added controller support to Don't Starve. Feels good.

On the fence about Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Is the new update any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom