• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Lissar said:
No excuses on Gray Matter and the Black Mirror series! Though actually I have physical editions so I can't complain (and I don't really blame Valve for it since I don't know what the situation is. It could be the publisher stalling or just not wanting them on Steam. I have no idea so I can't pass judgment. I just find it exceedingly curious.)

I don't think Valve has anything against adventure games in particular, from what I've heard the discussion is usually about the price point.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ArjanN said:
I don't think Valve has anything against adventure games in particular, from what I've heard the discussion is usually about the price point.
Yeah, I think they wanted to price the game at $20, and the Indie games Valve has tried to price at $20 just don't move.

Scythian

Just got Sanctum (Thanks to Isomac :D) and it's really fun; I just finished the first level, and it kept me glued to my screen while telling myself to quit after beating the map (Stuff to do D:)
Get the IndieRoyale bundle if not to support, but for this game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hello indie developers. I will buy every single one of these Bundled deals for charity. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

HOWEVER, because of this, I pretty much won't ever buy a indie game by itself on Steam. Be aware of the monsters you guys created.

Also, I probably wouldn't buy the games by themselves anyway, so I guess the plan is working.

I think Google is trolling me:

torchlight-2-release-date.png

LastWindow said:
Aww shit, Gemini Rue. That's an easy double-dip.

I don't know if this has been addressed but I bought Gemini Rue back in March and just got my Steam key from the head dude at Wadjet after a quick email. So they are honoring past purchases of all types, it seems.

Gvaz

Banned
I know you all love Origin, so here's a hot excerpt from their terms of service:
"-and mandatory payments directly from credit will be taken for using an excess of four games on your origin service, this will be taken automatically on a bi-yearly basis, the amount determined by length of time connected to your origin service.-"

Scythian said:
"an excess of four games on your origin service" What does this even mean? I'm not that experienced reading in legal jargon :/

From what I just read, it seems to mean if you have more than 4 games on the service, they can charge you automatically twice a year...It's still a bit ambiguous what that means...

Gvaz said:
I know you all love Origin, so here's a hot excerpt from their terms of service:

That's true, except for the part where it's not listed anywhere within the Origin TOS. C'mon son, what are you trying to do there?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Oh lordy lord.

Can someone help me here. The Google Music Upload-thingie is blocking my PC from accessing the Steam network. So I have to decide if I want to upload my music or play in Steam. Great.

Mairu

Des0lar said:
Oh lordy lord.

Can someone help me here. The Google Music Upload-thingie is blocking my PC from accessing the Steam network. So I have to decide if I want to upload my music or play in Steam. Great.
Really? I have the GMusic uploader installed and Steam running and haven't had any issues

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Mairu said:
Really? I have the GMusic uploader installed and Steam running and haven't had any issues

Nope, after 1 minute of uploading music, I can't connect to the Steam network anymore. Have to exit the music manager.

Found the culprit. Don't let the music manager upload at "fastest possible". Had to change this setting and now they both work in harmony.

nexen

Anilusion said:
Basically, if you just bought Gemini Rue, you got fucked. Apparently you don't get a steam key for that one though.
I just bought gemini rue but I don't feel ripped off.
Would've paid $2 for any one of the other three and $12 for GR, easily.

snoopeasystreet said:
From the Trenched thread:

TRENCHED/IRON BRIGADE COMING TO STEAM!!!! (potentially)

Hell, it's about time. Very glad I held off buying Trenched on the 360. I don't pay for Live any more and I got burned by Stacking's awful console performance.

If it wasn't for the few exclusives I like (EDF2017, Halo, Banjo) and all of my downloadable games I have I would sell my 360 in an instant.

Remy

Let me be the first on GAF to proclaim that I am falling victim to the Renegade Ops "AVA_Main has stopped working" / black screen of death problem being beaten to death on the Steam forums.

TEMPER THOSE EXPECTATIONS, BOYS.

Ceebs

Remy said:
Let me be the first on GAF to proclaim that I am falling victim to the Renegade Ops "AVA_Main has stopped working" / black screen of death problem being beaten to death on the Steam forums.

You are not alone!

Remy said:

And here we have another example of why I almost never pre-order PC games. :(

Over the past year I think I've only pre-ordered Red Faction Armageddon (boring ass game, but I got every other red faction game that I gifted to a friend) and Space Marine (Got Darksiders for pre-ordering).

Thankfully both of those games worked well, but if there hadn't been bonuses to the games I would never have pre-ordered them. Everything else I can hold off and wait for a sale while I ship away at my backlog.

Of course if you're in it for multiplayer then you need to pick it up as soon as possible before everyone abandons it. I'm looking at you Banjo Nuts and Bolts. ;_;

kamspy

Man. Steam has become my go to chat client for talking with buddies. Since BF3 came out, my friends list has been a barren wasteland though. :/

Echoplx

Paypal wants me to add 10$ to my account in order to make a 2$ purchase, why can't it just do it's normal instant bank transfer thing :/

Vamphuntr

3chopl0x said:
Paypal wants me to add 10$ to my account in order to make a 2$ purchase, why can't it just do it's normal instant bank transfer thing :/

If you use a credit card through paypal then all is fine.

Vamphuntr

3chopl0x said:
I don't use credit cards though, hence why I'm using paypal :p

I guess that there are fees for paypal to take money from your bank account? So when you try to take 2$ out they ask you to take more because the fees are important compared to the 2$?

I bought that indie bundle for 3$ Paid with Paypal with my card and it went through no problem.

Sucks for you :(

Echoplx

Ah well, just added the funds from my other account :p Will have to put it back next week.

Now I have 8$ in my paypal account and I'm tempted to spend it because it's not REAL money, right?

3chopl0x said:
Ah well, just added the funds from my other account :p Will have to put it back next week.

Now I have 8$ in my paypal account and I'm tempted to spend it because it's not REAL money, right?
No its not real money anymore. Go ahead and spend it and don't feel guilty. Unless you buy something thats crap or not on sale... then shame on you.

Chesskid1

Banned
just woke up.

MORE INDIE BUNDLES??!

hell yes. new humble bundle indie is probably going to launch in the next week or so.

THEN that royal bundlle /w cheese has a new bundle every 2 weeks. AWW YEAH!! this is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom