• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit-just-got-real.jpg

The Humble Bundle 4 was added to the Registry and 3chopl0x just saw it. Credit to him for the pictures as well.

Here are the games in the bundle: The pic doesn't show it, but Nightsky is also included in the bundle.
http://i.imgur.com/Ad5uQ.png

And the games you get if you beat the average price:
http://i.imgur.com/kK9aA.png

Mother of God...

I already own Super Meat Boy and NightSky, but I'll still go in over the average for those other games, especially Shank and Cave Story+.

Chesskid1

Banned
i'll let you guys in on the site i use.

Subscriptions (sorted by date added)
http://dedicated.heffebaycay.fr/cdr_test/sub/search/p/1/sort:date_updated/direction:desc

Apps (sorted by date added)
http://dedicated.heffebaycay.fr/cdr_test/app/search/p/1/sort:date_updated/direction:desc

subs are like humble indie bundle, compilations of games, etc

apps are the games itself. you can see alan wake was just added if you scroll a bit.

there will be repeats of old stuff in the app list because if they change something, add a subscription, etc it will be at the top of the list, ie super meat boy was just added to the HiB4 subscription, thus it is at the top of the apps list. same for subs.

have fun constantly checking those sites.. like i do, heh :p

So, GAF, I've bought shit on your recommendation before and it was shit.

I'm not saying that I am going to buy Alan Wake because I have no money, but I'm just letting you know that you've let me down in past Steam Sales.

I believed in you.

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying Alan Wake if it's on sale at some point, I was looking forward to the game back when I had an Xbox 360 and I don't own one anymore and don't see the urge to buy one for Alan Wake and Halo Reach (to play with Friends online)

Dingotech

I'm pumped for that next Humble Indie Bundle!! Even though I've already got Super Meat Boy.

That's going to be amazing value for somebody who has none of the games. =D

oipic

i'll let you guys in on the site i use. <snip>

*bookmarked*

This is a gold mine of info, thanks for sharing. Surely Gabe and his evil wallet overlords wouldn't approve, though? I had always thought that about those resourceful folks with that magical registry access, too...but maybe Valve are above caring about such things?

it's absurd how many high profile titles are in that upcoming humble bundle. i wonder if it is due to being released near the holidays or if the competition from all the other bundles has made an impact. that competition could mean more ridiculous bundles down the line.

even already owning half the games included (smb, bit trip, and nightsky, the former two which could easily carry a bundle by themselves) i am left looking forward to jamestown, cave story, and shank, all of which i have been itching to play in various degrees.

goodfella

How long do humble indie bundles usually last? I'm on holiday from the 15th to the 23rd. If I miss it I will be pissed, I'm already missing so much of the steam sale. :(

Has it been mentioned that Demigod will most likely be the next Stardock game to be released? Also, it seems like Galactic Civilization II will be getting Steam achievements.

Also, an animation program has been added to the registry.

Also, the first Fable will be added to Steam it seems. Steam App 204030 refers to Fable.exe

That new Humble Bundle looks godlike. Again, I have half the stuff in there but damn is this great. SMB, BTR and Jamestown alone are amazing value. I'll get it for Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Space Battles.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That new Humble Bundle looks godlike. Again, I have half the stuff in there but damn is this great. SMB, BTR and Jamestown alone are amazing value. I'll get it for Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Space Battles.

NM, I forgot about Steam data mining. Same as the last few.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Has it been mentioned that Demigod will most likely be the next Stardock game to be released? Also, it seems like Galactic Civilization II will be getting Steam achievements.

Also, an animation program has been added to the registry.

Also, the first Fable will be added to Steam it seems. Steam App 204030 refers to Fable.exe

Steam Paint!

Chesskid1

Banned
haha, people are looking through humble bundle servers trying to find the URLs of the pictures.

http://cdn.humblebundle.com/hib4/logo.png

won't be surprised if it launches this week. so hyped.

as for dates on the registry, humble bundles launch in a matter of days usually. dear esther was just added to registry, and it has a launch date of feb 2012. to sum it up, it's really random and depends. lately, when they add something, it usually always comes sometime, except for some demos i noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom