• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be warned, I seem to recall that even people who liked the game (Stallion Free for instance?) said that the ending levels get very frustrating due to some timing elements. I suspect this is what Relax.MX ran into, and you have not yet.

You may end up still disagreeing, but I'm just saying I think I read something specific about the end part not being as good.
This is absolutely true. I liked the game, but I forced myself to 100% it and I ended very burned with some of the bonus levels. I don't consider it a 4/10 game by any means, more like a 7/10.

The levels weren't that hard, but the sprint function doesn't work very well and there were points were I'd die constantly in the same spot because I did not start running facing a certain direction (yeah, really). The game also crashed a lot of times, and that added to the frustation. In the end, I enjoyed uninstalling it, but overall I liked it.

---

I'm going to gift The Wonderful End Of The World in the Free To A Good Home thread in an hour or so, to celebrate that I'm a member now! :D

EDIT: What the... I read the first line of Snuggler's post but not the "Quote to get it" part :/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That game was annoying on PS3.

What annoyed you about it? They made a lot of nice changes to the Steam version. It controls much better with a mouse, and there are a lot of little touches like how it starts you at the point of your last hydra rather than always starting you at the beginning of the level.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So errr, Alan Wake is out in 9 hours and you still can't buy it on the UK store. Any particular reasoning behind this?

Can't buy it at the US store either. For some reason Remedy weren't able to do pre-purchases or pre-loads for AW on Steam.

Be warned, I seem to recall that even people who liked the game (Stallion Free for instance?) said that the ending levels get very frustrating due to some timing elements. I suspect this is what Relax.MX ran into, and you have not yet.

You may end up still disagreeing, but I'm just saying I think I read something specific about the end part not being as good.
ah ok got it. i have been meaning to go back to it and make some more progress and i should probably post my experience with those parts once i do.

allansm

1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and

qEU0y.jpg

= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10

I finished the game but did not try to get gold in all levels as I was just not enjoying it that much . I have to say I agree with you on everything besides the world and characters lacking charisma and the score, I think a 6/10 it's more adequate.

You know what game owns? PixelJunk Eden. It's an awesome game but only 2 of my 116 Steam friends own it. It's a 4 year old port and it hasn't had a big sale yet, but still...

So true. I promised myself to not buy any games full price this year, I broke my promise because of Eden and I don't regret it at all. I'm having so much fun. Once this game has a sale I'm considering gifting it to some friends.

Echoplx

You Alan Wakers may want to hold out for a bit

Green Man Gaming
What would you say to a 33% voucher on Alan Wake when it releases tonight? :)

goodfella

L.A. Noire gets DX11 support via patch:

• DirectX 11 support added for improved performance on many Windows Vista and Windows 7 setups using DX11 graphics cards
• Option added to game launcher allowing switching between DirectX 9 and 11 renderers
• Additional checks added that make sure a selected video resolution is fully compatible with L.A. Noire

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoir...-in-pc-title-update-for-la-noire-the-com.html

Well that is hugely surprising.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks to IGN Prime even 15% off :D

4 LYFE
Oh, GamersGate, why did you let that happen

That's gonna come back and kick GG in the face this winter sale season.

Though GMG's 33% off coupon sounds more tempting, even though I'm not really interested in the game - too many AAA games in my backlog as is.

Still might

jediyoshi

That sounds very nice. Any idea how much it will cost there?
Looks to be like they jumped the gun and withdrew saying an actual percent discount :|

edit: they also seem to be really adamant about referring to their 40% darkness 2 deal as 50%, unless us yanks are missing out to their .co.uk deals.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Pretty much yeah. The mechanics never really feel speed friendly so when you hit the levels that demand speed it can be quite frustrating. That's only two or so of the main levels though.

4 LYFE
Oh, GamersGate, why did you let that happen

That's gonna come back and kick GG in the face this winter sale season.

Though GMG's 33% off coupon sounds more tempting, even though I'm not really interested in the game - too many AAA games in my backlog as is.

Still might

If the GMG version is Steam activated, I may buy it even though I beat the game on the 360.

I never played the two DLC chapters and a getting them for free with a better version of the game for $20 sounds pretty great.

HoosTrax

Avernum series was added to the registry.
Avernum's predecessor, the Exile series games were probably the games that really got me into PC gaming in the first place. Exile 2 and 3 in particular. Very old school style RPGs. They were diamonds in the rough and easily the best games on the half-dozen or so CDs in this shareware compilation I had.

gdt

I'm still having an odd problem with Sonic Generations. Basically, I don't get any logos or UI, and no hud at all durning gameplay. When I press pause, I can hear the menu sounds, but can't see anything. I tried re installing, which made it work once, but never again.

Anyone had this issue?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You Alan Wakers may want to hold out for a bit

Green Man Gaming
What would you say to a 33% voucher on Alan Wake when it releases tonight? :)

SHIIIIET

I was gonna wait for a price drop too but for around 20? Hard to resist. SO SO HARD BUT I HAVE SO MANY GAMES AND VITA AWESOMENESS AMONGST ME KJDSHFKSJDHKJ

Tomodachi

Where do you get this 33% coupons you're all talking about? Or is it an offer that will be live in three hours? Sorry but I never bought anything from gmg before.

MNC

SHIIIIET

I was gonna wait for a price drop too but for around 20? Hard to resist. SO SO HARD BUT I HAVE SO MANY GAMES AND VITA AWESOMENESS AMONGST ME KJDSHFKSJDHKJ

Oh holy shit. Steam redeemable right? Will jump right on this. I just hope the price will be right $/€

daviyoung

Banned
Where do you get this 33% coupons you're all talking about? Or is it an offer that will be live in three hours? Sorry but I never bought anything from gmg before.

It'll go live alongside the game. Code will either be available via their Twitter, or on the homepage of GMG.

Echoplx

Is the Mysteries of Westgate expansion for NWN2 any good? It's not on Steam but the GG version is on sale and works with the Steam version of NWN2 Plat

dani_dc

Nearly forgot that I had a Killing Floor coupon, if anyone wants a Killing Floor 50% coupon just send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Edit: Gone

This may be old but...

http://www.2kgames.com/blog/civilization-v-expansion-pack-announced

Fans of Civilization V have been begging me for an answer to this question for quite some time: will Civilization V get an expansion pack?

Today I am extremely excited to tell you all that yes, it will! Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings is currently slated for a late Spring 2012 release.

It will come as no surprise to those of you who are familar with expansion packs for previous Civilization games that Gods & Kings will add more techs, units, buildings, Wonders, and playable Civilizations. But what about the big brand new game elements that will change the way you conquer the world? Let me lay it out for you:

Tons of New Stuff. I know I just mentioned it, but I want to draw attention to just how many new things we've got here: 27 new units, 13 new buildings, 9 new wonders, and 9 new playable civilizations. Among the new civilizations are the Netherlands (William I, Prince of Orange), the Celts (Boudicca), and the Mayans (Pacal the Great).

Religion. That's right; quite possibly the most requested major addition to the game is coming in the Gods & Kings expansion. Using the new "Faith" resource, you'll be able to found your own religion and grow it from a simple Pantheon of the Gods to a world-spanning fully-customized religion.

Reworked Combat System. The expansion has a reworked combat system along with an AI that places more emphasis on balanced army composition. Among the changes to the combat system is the addition of melee naval units, which will force you to really rethink the way you execute your naval assaults.

Enhanced Diplomacy, with Espionage. In addition to being able to establish embassies with your rival civilizations, spies will now be an important part of how you conduct your foreign affairs. Surveilling foreign cities, stealing advanced techs, and garnering influence with city-states are some of the things you'll be able to do with this new powerful mechanic.

New City-States. With religion being added to the game, it only made sense to introduce Religious city-states which will interact with your religion in special ways. In addition, Mercantile city-states will be attractive for those of you who love to grow your civilization's treasury. All city-states will use the greatly expanded quest system, making city-states more dynamic and diplomatic victories more challenging, while decreasing the importance of gold when dealing with city-states.

New Scenarios. Three new scenarios will be coming in Civilization V: Gods & Kings. Experience the fall of Rome, explore the medieval era, and my personal favorite: a unique scenario in a Victorian science-fiction setting.

So there you have it. What do you think? I'm sure you guys have tons of questions, so come on over to our forums and let us know! Or if you'd prefer, you can also reach us on Twitter or Facebook. We'll be reading all of your questions!

C_H_T

Greenmangaming:
You can pick up any of these ghoulish games for 33% off when you use voucher HALFT-ERMHO-RRORS ! This offer is while stocks last, and is valid from 1700 GMT 16th February.

This applies on Alan Wake (standard and CE), Dark Fall: Lost Souls, Dead Block, Dead Island (also DLC), The Darkness II, Zombie Driver, Manhunt, Hellforces and Penumbra Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom