• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurts just thinking about it and I don't even want to know how that happened *brrr*, hope everything will be okay in a few weeks.

Aaaand thanks for Gods Will Be Watching, I know the pm said to only send a pm but still... :O

FUUUUUUUUUU. And you aren't really hurt, right? RIGHT?
whoa, this post is like a three-act play. I felt chills.

I do have the injury but I'm still gaming :O

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It works pretty bad, so it might do it on its own!
Seriously, there are more than a few games where the play time is far less than should be, more than a couple got reset to "you never played them" :/
You know, as much as Nintendo likes to do things wrong, they have an excellent time tracking system on 3DS, even better than the Wii one. It saves the number of times you launched each game, total time played, average time per session, dates you first and last opened it and it even has a calendar view showing what games you played each day and for how long.

Sadly there's no way of resetting those counters (you can temporarily delete them on a game-by-game basis, but once you launch it again they regain the previous values), but it's still light years ahead of what Steam provides.

Grief.exe

Oh, Phil

P9nkY03.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

268x268.resizedimage

Oknytt -- MB-033FE8385BB5FE78 - Taken by random. 15 entrants total.

t1396373853z1.png

maneil99

Quick-trigger finger helps again, thank you JaseC for Oknytt!

I have my secret hope Climax Studios is using the money from things like the Sudeki port (which I plan to buy in the near future) to fund that one horror game they're working on with the dolls.

It still has no name, but it's still on their website, so I just will have to continue to cross my fingers and hope it also has a Steam release, if it comes out.

That second photo, NOPE

Jawmuncher

Played Fez for about 30 minutes. I couldn't get into it. I though the mechanic of switching the angle of the 2D world was interesting though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope the new Humble Bundle is my dream bundle.

Dusk Golem said:
I'm still waiting for my dream bundle
that isn't a horror bundle
, the Terrible Games Bundle!

For a minimum of $1 you get:
-Bad Rats
-Secret of the Magic Crystals
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Barbie's Dreamhouse Party
-Cricket Revolution
-Alien: Colonial Marines
-Petz Collection

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oknytt -- MB-5B86144759A0185F - Taken by spindoctor

enjoy. also, this could be a aprils fool, but maybe not?

BundleStars @BundleStars 13m

Show of hands, who fancies a brand new bundle today? RT this if you do. .

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So did either of the other two folks here who e-mailed Crytek about Second Sight get a response? Because I sure didn't. Shocker.

Knurek

Sigh, coming home to two PMs with winning giveaways.

First up Gun Metal - dupe key.
Second up Sudeki - Bad Rats in disguise.
Oh well, hopefully the new Humble is worth it. Off to buy BM12.

Dusk Golem

Is Sudeki part of a bundle or on sale?
It's been mentioned quite a bit over the past couple pages.

Nah, just being talked about. Trailmix was kind and included it as part of a giveaway, and then others started discussing it. It's one I have my eye on as well, now if only budgets weren't tight right now as it isn't that expensive.

Jawmuncher

Is Sudeki part of a bundle or on sale?
It's been mentioned quite a bit over the past couple pages.

Not on sale people just like talking about a good game. It's 5.99 on steam right now....Which I swear is a price increase recall it was 4.99 as regular price with no sale at launch.

I haven't played it yet but want to at some point in the future, but it was definitely panned a lot.

For me at least it stands much like DNF. If you can get past it being a very basic FPS you can have fun with it.

Knurek

Nah, just being talked about. Trailmix was kind and included it as part of a giveaway, and then others started discussing it. It's one I have my eye on as well, now if only budgets weren't tight right now as it isn't that expensive.

Like I said, it was Bad Rats (I suspect other two games were as well).

Dusk Golem

Like I said, it was Bad Rats (I suspect other two games were so as well).

Oh boy April Fools. Still, I guess you could say you have good/bad luck?

I'm gonna give a spoiler about my Dice-Roll Giveaway.

It's the actual games, not BadRats or anything else.

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

War of Dino Tanks -- MB-090C1776913D400A - Taken by Evrain
Captain Planet The Game -- MB-B755AEE4754741D7 - Taken by sheaaaa
What happens to Big Bosses Haven -- MB-0CEFF4DD4D517165 - Taken by Alduin
War of Dino Tanks (Desura Edition) --
ulgzbKC.png
MB-DF9BA0C1A0047678
My Trip To Jurassic Park -- MB-CEEF0F79CD9BCBA4 - Taken by topyy
Ridge Racer in Space -- MB-E8EF12D094B92276 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
Arena Spelled Wrong -- MB-1F43F93E8985AD37 - Taken by kudoboi
Jill Valentine is a Princess -- MB-128523157AD0A616 - Taken by nature boy
guabjjN.gif

Being April Fools day and not wanting to give away Bad Rats. I thought I would just mess around with the names of the games. There's hint enough there. If you already have the game just pass it on here in the Steam Thread.

Evrain

guabjjN.gif

Being April Fools day and not wanting to give away Bad Rats. I thought I would just mess around with the names of the games. There's hint enough there. If you already have the game just pass it on here in the Steam Thread.
Tank you! (see what I did there?)

Now I can't tell if the joke is being played by you or on you, but you are aware of the file name of the download you linked to, right?

Let the man dream, sometimes these dreams are what keep us sane like me still thinking Yakuza 5 will come over one day. (Do note I am a Sega Fanboy so by default I am extremely delusional and realize I am)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
guabjjN.gif

Ridge Racer in Space = Driftmoon :p

Never would have guessed that one.

Sadly i own it already but thanks anyway :)

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Driftmoon -- MB-E8EF12D094B92276 - Taken by Gianni Merryman

fantomena

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gaot Simulator -- MB-C798D2891E9765A0 - Taken by Kirosia. 47 entrants total.

t1396375513z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom