• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
DS2 PVP shits on DS3. Also bonfire aesthetics or whatever the name was letting you replay the bosses for the souls was genius. Also I feel NG+ was better on 2. Sure there were some level design issues with 2 but 3 pretty isn't that great either. Also something feels off with the weapon balance on DS3 which makes heavy weapons not be that viable when the quick ones make boss fights stagger and deal quite the damage themselves.

I love Dark Souls 3 don't get me wrong but there are things they could have taken from 2 and improve on them instead of mostly going back to DS1 and Demon's

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A game involving death in which you gonna git good -- MB-0CDC03F18B576E3D - Taken by arbok26. 16 entrants total.

t1461584058z1.png

Vazra

No. Dark Souls 3 has amazing level design, much, much better than any of the Dark Souls 2 content. Cathedral alone is better than all of the areas in DS2.

poor wording of mine but meant the world connectivity. Level design is good but the connectivity trash people gave 2 is there on 3 and no one bats an eye at that.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
poor wording of mine but meant the world connectivity. Level design is good but the connectivity trash people gave 2 is there on 3 and no one bats an eye at that.

Connectivity in 1 was cool but it doesn't really matter much to me since we can just warp with bonfires from the beginning anyways. The sense of discovery that you've made it back to somewhere you've been was pretty cool though!

Vazra

Connectivity in 1 was cool but it doesn't really matter much to me since we can just warp with bonfires anyways. The sense of discovery that you've made it back to somewhere you've been was pretty cool though!

Dark Souls 3 also has an absurd amount of bonfires. Sometimes you can even see another bonfire from the one you are using which is absurd. There is literally an area with 3 bonfires together. I find that a bit absurd and unnecessary really. So much complaining about Dark Souls 2 bonfires being early on and now everyone ok with it. I just find it a bit hypocritical when they were calling Dark Souls 2 B Team when some of the things they complained about are in 3 and they don't trash it because Miyazaki was at helm on the game.

Overall the 3 games have their own sets of shortcomings and amazing features but the shit Dark Souls 2 gets is mostly not warranted.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I never really did that, infact didn't touch 2 till a couple of months ago so I'm just expressing my opinions from my experience playing it.
I never felt like it was a bad game but I felt it wasn't for made for someone like me a lot of the things I value in the other games were missing and while it has better PVP that portion of the souls games didn't matter to me at all.
The things like replaying bosses for souls is good though and I lost interest in 2 before completing it so I really don't care enough about NG+ if it couldn't hold my attention to the end.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is it just me or is there not much hype regarding Dark Souls III on gaf?
I mean, the OT is moving kinda slowly and no one post on the character creation thread anymore. Especially if it's compared to Bloodborne last year, the hype difference is quite noticeable. Is the franchise fatigue real, or exclusivity actually does matter? I'm pretty sure Souls is not a niche franchise anymore.

Lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How's your LoS2 progress breh?

err... that ninja guy was like "yo Zobek really wants me to come with you" and then 5 minutes later "yo Zobek needs me im out!" and then I got mist form from Carmilla, which was fun. And now I cant remember where all the grates I saw before were for mist form so fuck backtracking

Tizoc

err... that ninja guy was like "yo Zobek really wants me to come with you" and then 5 minutes later "yo Zobek needs me im out!" and then I got mist form from Carmilla, which was fun. And now I cant remember where all the grates I saw before were for mist form so fuck backtracking
Dat carmilla lookin fine doe~

Vazra

LMAO. Carmilla's death is so over the top. I was laughing for a few minutes.

Rhaknar

LMAO. Carmilla's death is so over the top. I was laughing for a few minutes.

yes, yes it was. it was also highly suggestive...or maybe Im just a dirty motherfucker. I mean, if it was a guy I probably wouldnt think it was suggestive. Then again, the whole Carmilla part was innuendo city, and its a vampire story afterall

Vazra

yes, yes it was. it was also highly suggestive...or maybe Im just a dirty motherfucker. I mean, if it was a guy I probably wouldnt think it was suggestive. Then again, the whole Carmilla part was innuendo city, and its a vampire story afterall

I mean the faces she makes alone are just not what you would naturally see of someone in pain. It was innuendo plus the acting was so over the top which was hard to take serious.

Red Hood

Banned
I redeemed a key for Divekick that I won here through ModBot, not knowing I actually bought it already through a recent Humble Bundle. So in a matter of saying I give it back to the community.

edit: eh that didn't go too well, I think I did something wrong. Incoming in 5 minutes

Red Hood

Banned
Hope I did it right this time

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Red Hood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Divekick -- MB-F7C9DC8531923627 - Taken by Regginator

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have people not been banned for doing this?

EA may not care enough to do something about it given almost literally everybody who uses Origin just does so to buy/play EA's own games (you'd be hard-pressed to find even just one person who's purchased a third-party game on Origin that wasn't mistakenly priced or cheaper in a region that isn't their own), whereas Steam has a comprehensive third-party library that dwarfs Valve's own catalogue.

Regginator

i don't think there'll be much demand for this (it has cards!) so even lurkers can have a go, 15 minute raffle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bionic dues -- MB-241649B197454D5C - Taken by SmarterUnconscious. 1 entrants total.

t1461581598z1.png

dude theres like 5 or 6 DS3 related threads in the main page alone at any given time. But then again, Tex loves his "drama posts", hence my lol. And no I wont drudge some up, im too lazy

Hey now. I was just mainly comparing it to Bloodborne. And I remember the char creation threads. Maybe DS characters aren't just looking that good compared to Bloodborne.

As usual, modders do what Bethesda don't.
I'll wait for the official survival mode patch, then replay the game.

Ryne

Was looking at some the PAX coverage of some games and damn there is SO much cool stuff coming out.

this uncut, raw Pyre footage from TotalBiscuit is amazing, Supergiant is just incredible

Also saw some gameplay from Ruiner, Shadow Warrior 2 and Rain World. All three look awesome. <3
I love the atmosphere of Pyre, but the game doesn't look fun to play. Don't think they will change it that much, but I had so much fun playing Transistor and Bastion that this looks like a disappointment to me.

Some parts of the Blightown dip my framerates to below 30. Nasty.
Tried disabling the downsample and set it to native resolution. It still persists. Disabling mods and reshade don't work either.

Red Hood

Banned

So I've been playing Shadowrun Returns the last couple of days, after having played Dragonfall DC and Hong Kong first, and I have to say, it's far less bad than I expected. Actually, it's pretty great. People often said that after having played Dragonfall first, Returns wouldn't offer the same experience. And while that is true in most regards, I see now where Dragonfall's brilliance started. It's singinicaly more linear in terms of level design, but the story is actually pretty good whereas I expected it to be more about individual missions more or less unrelated to the main story.

TL;DR - Great game so far, despite having played Dragonfall and Hong Kong first. Not as polished or filled with content like its successors, but here's where the brilliance started. Basically the Demon's Souls from the Shadowrun series so to speak.

Rhaknar

We Dark Souls now. Game actually has some nice vistas, well during the castle parts of the game at least, not so much the modern ones

Hey now. I was just mainly comparing it to Bloodborne. And I remember the char creation threads. Maybe DS characters aren't just looking that good compared to Bloodborne.

there IS a character thread. People imediatly starting crying about spoilers (in a fucking thread meant to show your characters) so maybe thats why its not evry active, I know I imediatly stopped going there when it happened.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

(IndieGameStand) At the Mountains of Madness -- MB-7B98AFDF2D261C79 - Taken by derExperte
Neon Hardcorps -- MB-899953A1EEA5059D - Taken by Saty
Astroloco: Worst Contact -- MB-957E99E5069AE02B - Taken by ExoSoul
Love is Blind: Mutants #2 -- MB-C5054D8982CD81D9 - Taken by rainking187
Cosmic Leap -- MB-D35491D678FB2197 - Taken by bloke
Sixtieth Kilometre -- MB-B3C93B91EB3E9998 - Taken by redlacs
Love is Blind: Mutants -- MB-784F5634B0CD886F - Taken by Lain
Adam and Eve: The Game - Chapter 1 -- MB-944FE767678700D1 - Taken by Lashley
Yrminsul -- MB-35A9581F5888C08E - Taken by Deques
Caravanserail -- MB-78A21982BDAD63BE - Taken by Catshade
Caravanserail #3 -- MB-B0D584F8D69C8F4A - Taken by voodooray
Caravanserail #2 -- MB-438C5C85D7039FCD - Taken by Kifimbo
Sixtieth Kilometre #2 -- MB-F4B76E9C67CBD0B7 - Taken by fuzzy123

Redeem the IGS key to obtain your Steam key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom