• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Thx for At the Mountains of Madness, reviews are horrid but they've been updating the game a lot so here's hoping it'll turn out at least playable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit this labyrinth stealth section is awful, its actually kinda killing the game for me lol. I assume this is the one you were talking about >_<

Since I finished Darksiders 2: Deathfinitive/definitive/collectors edition etc... I decided to play some more random games starting with D!

- Positives: It a unique concept, viruses and the like invading the body, nice and colourful.
- Negetives: It's still a Tower Defense Game with all the grind that entails.

- Positives: Nice simple top down concept with mostly good controls. can set up some really complex things.
- Negatives: Annoying currency unlocks, strafing fiddly.

- Postives: Delightfully simple element combination game. Combine Fire and earth to make lava, combine alcohol and cars to make corpses, combine radiation and metal to make plutonium. Fill out the globe with all your discoveries.
- Negatives: That's kind of all it is, no replayability.

Now downloading Driver: San Francisco. have played it on Xbox so I know what I'm getting into.

mp1990

Banned
holy shit this labyrinth stealth section is awful, its actually kinda killing the game for me lol. I assume this is the one you were talking about >_<
Yeah, the rat puzzles were what made me drop the game. I should go back to it at some point, it was a decent hack n' slasher, but everything aside of the combat sections sucked really REALLY bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol just ignored the stealth mechanics and made a run for the objective and went into mist when he caught up. Welp thats one way of doing it, fuck you for your shitty section MS

Yeah, the rat puzzles were what made me drop the game. I should go back to it at some point, it was a decent hack n' slasher, but everything aside of the combat sections sucked really REALLY bad.

rat puzzles? thoe were fine imo. Unless there are some worse ones later on. In fact this was the only first real frustrating part, and even this one is quite short (and breakable as I just proven)

Red Hood

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A game involving death in which you gonna git good -- MB-0CDC03F18B576E3D - Taken by arbok26. 16 entrants total.

t1461584058z1.png

I need to know, which Dark Souls was this? Assuming it was DS but the description checks out, was hoping for DS3 lol

Tizoc

Wanna know what makes even worse? You have to fight that guy as a boss afterwards
Seriously
It is the complete opposite of the stealth s ction's pupoee

Lain

there IS a character thread. People imediatly starting crying about spoilers (in a fucking thread meant to show your characters) so maybe thats why its not evry active, I know I imediatly stopped going there when it happened.

Ahahaha... that can't be real...

So glad to hear that Lords of Shadow 2 is the garbo i thought it was. I didn't like the first one that much but it was somewhat promising so I've been tempted by 2 a couple of times

AHA-Lambda

That's the infamous one yeah.

Honestly found the hate overblown for it though personally :/

I still like LOS 2. Yes this is the hill I will die on :p

Rhaknar

Wanna know what makes even worse? You have to fight that guy as a boss afterwards
Seriously
It is the complete opposite of the stealth s ction's pupoee

I liked the boss, it was very Souls-y

anyway, pass the Toy Maker part now, back to the real world. These games are quite long huh? Speaking of the Toy Maker, nice callback to Mirror of Fate where you last see him just creeping up and dont actually fight him. Well, that and the whole...Mirror of Fate quest in the game lol

That's the infamous one yeah.

Honestly found the hate overblown for it though personally :/

I still like LOS 2. Yes this is the hill I will die on :p

Im liking it a lot, that section was awful tho. But I broke it by running to the objective and misting when he got near me so at least it was fast (fast after I failed a few times trying to do it properly)

There hasnt been a good Castlevania game yet so I don't know what people are expecting

I know you are trying to be all edgy on the internet and whatnot, but you just sound like a fool

idk why but one time i got summoned neither me or the other phantom could get through the fog gate and so we started sitting around on the other side spamming hello stones and i guess the boss might've been close to the fog gate cos we both got hit by an attack and instakilled lol

it was pretty funny
Hah. A similar thing happened to me but only once. We two summons could not enter the boss fog after the host but didn't get hit by the boss.
We Dark Souls now. Game actually has some nice vistas, well during the castle parts of the game at least, not so much the modern ones
That looks really atmospheric. Nice.
Just got back from PAX East. Played about 20~ mins of Below. It's far more of a hardcore Zelda than it is a Soulslike. Though there are some Souls trappings.

The PSVR headset, while it's not the best VR headset, is most definitely the best looking and most comfortable.

Death's Gambit is Castlevania Soulslike. It swings a bit more toward the Castlevania angle but It's soooooo good.

Eitr is a Diablo Soulslike and most definitely leans heavy on the Souls flavor with a 2D Isometric vantage point.

Refactor is a Tetroidvania. After you explore a section of the map, you can then modify that part of the map which is shaped like a Tetromino. Physics still works, flipping a piece of the map 180 will cause all of the objects and enemies to obey gravity and fall and tumble. Really cool.

There is another game which was Magicka + Legend of Zelda, but the name is escaping me.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll try to expand on some of this later.
Nice. I'm still catching up with your Youtube videos of PAX. PSVR sounds nice. Might be a cheap alternative if they bring PC support like they hinted.

Parsnip

Wish there was a photo mode where I could take pictures without the HUD or my character being visible. The scenery's gorgeous, even on my ancient relic of a PC. This is a game you want to hold up to show people the importance of good art design.
You can take hudless shots with dsfix. Maybe some wallhugging could get you rid of the character as well.

But it was so short and easy.

Tenrius

Got Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb on GOG and am actually super excited to try it. Why isn't it on Steam? Doesn't make much sense, since other LucasArts games like Loom and Fate of Atlantis are, while some others available on GOG aren't.

Got Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb on GOG and am actually super excited to try it. Why isn't it on Steam? Doesn't make much sense, since other LucasArts games like Loom and Fate of Atlantis are, while some others available on GOG aren't.

I dunno but the Indy games on steam are crap ports anyhow if you read up on them.

Phawx

Oh I also had a chat with the AMD guys at PAX. Polaris will only use GDDR5 not even GDDR5x. Vega 10 will use HBM 2 and it's more Spring 2017.

Edit: Polaris was said to be faster than a 290, but much cheaper and use way less energy

Ludens

Banned

It's a nice game, I didn't finish it because I needed to wipe-out my hdd due to a windows installation error and I forgot to back-up the saves, it's a very bland Tomb-Raiderish game, with less puzzles and more action. It's ok, nothing great or spectacular, but funny if you lke the character.

Oh I also had a chat with the AMD guys at PAX. Polaris will only use GDDR5 not even GDDR5x. Vega 10 will use HBM 2 and it's more Spring 2017.

Edit: Polaris was said to be faster than a 290, but much cheaper and use way less energy
I'm actually happy to see new tech coming later so I won't feel bad with my current card. I am a bad person I think.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Miyazaki really has only done heavy lifting on Demon's, Dark 1, and Bloodborne. People fooling themselves if they think he did much in DS3 except sit around and verify the dignity of the monsters in the game during his coffee breaks

I dunno, for me, Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 are all missing that certain something.

That je ne sony quoi, you know?

I dunno, for me, Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 are all missing that certain something.

That je ne sony quoi, you know?

I haven't played BB or Dark 3 so I can't vouch for those 2 but i flip between Dark 1 and Demon's on the regular for which i think is the better game. I really liked Dark 2 but it felt the same way that Batman Oranges did: a damn fine game but it didn't really hang with the other two.

From all the Souls, the second Dark Souls I enjoyed the least and it has nothing to do with b-team or something like that. The bosses were a huge letdown and the world-building was not as tight as used from DeS and DS. With world-building I don't mean the world design, cohesiveness or logical connections but the lore and atmosphere. Then there were also mechanical changes which I did not like; movement and camera. It's still a great game and by no means a bad Souls entry.
Haven't played Bloodborne, so can't talk about it.

Rhaknar

That's fine but the fact you had to do an insta-fail stealth section before fighting the boss makes one wonder why even have a stealth section to begin with.

true :)

also, Dracula is crazy. I guess a thousand years hiding out in a church will do that to you :p

edit: so that Romero FPS isnt a f2p arena shooter, yay

From all the Souls, the second Dark Souls I enjoyed the least and it has nothing to do with b-team or something like that. The bosses were a huge letdown and the world-building was not as tight as used from DeS and DS. With world-building I don't mean the world design, cohesiveness or logical connections but the lore and atmosphere. Then there were also mechanical changes which I did not like; movement and camera. It's still a great game and by no means a bad Souls entry.
Haven't played Bloodborne, so can't talk about it.

The movement was the big thing that put me off 2 as well.

I was playing 2 a bit before 3 came out and it felt great when I started 3 and found that the movement and combat was back to how 1 was.

MUnited83

For you.
theres a simple thing you can do when someone says DS2 is the best of the series, or even on par with 1, or even well designed, and thats to link them to this http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/agility

Agility increases how long the character is invincible during a roll and decreases how long it takes to use consumables.

Then I guess you can link them to this :3

The movement was the big thing that put me off 2 as well.

I was playing 2 a bit before 3 came out and it felt great when I started 3 and found that the movement and combat was back to how 1 was.

But it isn't? At all? I mean, you might have a point in the combat part, and that is by striping out the improvements made in DS2. And movement has really nothing to do with DS1 in the slightest. It borrows much more from DS2 and Bloodborne's system than it does DS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom