• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ha. :) I can be cool at times, but I can also be mysterious.

As I mentioned before, we always have more stuff in the pipeline. I'm mindful of what the fans want. That's how we greenlit DDDA for Steam.

Edit: BTW, I am immensely happy for Sega, PG, Bayo, and the fans who have been waiting for it. Insta-purchased it myself. I played it to 100% completion on Xbox 360.

ETA on next capcom game to be revealed for steam?

Kaleinc

Banned
I just checked with Valve and our submissions guys, and I'm happy to let you know that they've been fully approved!

They should be available now. :)

8vcyRXd.png

MUnited83

For you.

As I mentioned before, we always have more stuff in the pipeline. I'm mindful of what the fans want. That's how we greenlit DDDA for Steam.

Edit: BTW, I am immensely happy for Sega, PG, Bayo, and the fans who have been waiting for it. Insta-purchased it myself. I played it to 100% completion on Xbox 360.
Ace attorney trilogy wink wink

Ace Attorney Trilogy *double wink wink*
(Also Okami and Ghost Trick :") )

Jawmuncher

You're all killing me here.

Ace Attorney, Okami, some other capcom games whenever wbacon shows up in here.
But no Dino Crisis. Why do you all torture me.

Jawmuncher

Probably already mentioned but Saints Row 2 is free on GOG until tomorrow.

Let's hope so.

If capcom is porting to PS4 (99% sure it'll hit X1 as well), i'd be more surprised if they leave out PC.
It wouldn't make any sense. No mainline RE title since the 360 gen has missed PC now except for CVX which should be rectified within a year or so.

sanhora

I need Asura's Wrath on Steam. 100% Need it.
Ace Attorney would be fine as well, especially the later ones.

r3n4ud

Put a few hours into Voodoo Vince. Lovely collect-a-thon with really nice updated graphics. Couple of things bothering me though.

- The controls aren't spot on. When you press A twice to double jump, the second press doesn't always register. Killed myself plenty of times because of that.

- The hit detection seems to be a little off. When you seem to land on something solid in the water, it'll sometimes register as if you landed in the water and you die.

Otherwise, a really solid game. I never played the original version, but I'm really glad I picked this up.

Rizzi

Oh, so that's where all the horrible, crippling depression is hiding in Nier Automata.
Spoilers.
D:
This game is starting to hurt my soul now.

Grief.exe

Beyond the one they announced last year?
Fuck
Yes

Not sure. This is likely the same dlc, but a new press release from further along in development.

Check the article.

Underrated game. The first was overly ambitious jank to the point of being a liability on all fronts, the second was a really polished game with extremely undercooked storytelling, but the DLC that immediately followed it was straight-up good.

This game has one of the better magic systems in a Gothic/Elder Scrolls-esque RPG, and the multiplayer really good as well.

Does Durante vouch for this magic system?

If capcom is porting to PS4 (99% sure it'll hit X1 as well), i'd be more surprised if they leave out PC.
It wouldn't make any sense. No mainline RE title since the 360 gen has missed PC now except for CVX which should be rectified within a year or so.

Well, I got tired of waiting and bought it on PS3 a couple of years ago because I hadn't played it since the Dreamcast and was itching to revisit it, it's really cheap when it goes on sale on PSN, but I'll douple dip for steam version.
RE is one of my biggest weaknesses.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Couple of things bothering me though.

- The controls aren't spot on. When you press A twice to double jump, the second press doesn't always register. Killed myself plenty of times because of that.

- The hit detection seems to be a little off. When you seem to land on something solid in the water, it'll sometimes register as if you landed in the water and you die.

If I remember correctly, both of these issues were present (and frustrating) in the original Xbox release. I imagine in cases like this it's difficult for the developers to strike a balance with what to do - as modern players want some QoL improvements like fixing this kind of stuff but the game caters to the nostalgia market that's usually pretty vocal about anything changing.

Glad to hear it's good though, I might have to check that out if I ever get un-buried from Final Fantasy XIV.

Vuze

Guess Steam is having issues right now? Can't use OpenID without the login failing

E: Yeah, seems like it if OpenID relies on the community.

r3n4ud

If I remember correctly, both of these issues were present (and frustrating) in the original Xbox release. I imagine in cases like this it's difficult for the developers to strike a balance with what to do - as modern players want some QoL improvements like fixing this kind of stuff but the game caters to the nostalgia market that's usually pretty vocal about anything changing.

Glad to hear it's good though, I might have to check that out if I ever get un-buried from Final Fantasy XIV.
Makes sense both issues were in the original release. It's not too bad though, nothing game breaking.

Really cool game though. Hope people will pick it up and we get more old Xbox releases on Steam.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Anyone else having trouble logging on through the client? I can't connect at all.

edit:

Is steam down right now?
having trouble here too. steamstat is showing 99% failed trades and a surge on logons, so something is wonky.

Help me SteamGAF, you're my only hope.

Quick rundown is I've had this permanent issue with Resident Evil: Revelaitons on my PC, so I dropped it for a time and forgot about it. But I really want to go back to it and actually play through it and who knows, pick up Revelations 2 some day maybe.

Anyways, here's the deal. The game can't save for some inexplicable reason.

Game starts and tries to make an initial save profile, can't, prompts to try again or play without saving.

Two common remedies I've found that don't do a thing for me:
1. Delete the save within the Steam/userdata/ directory and have it create a new one. No good.
2. Run the game as administrator. I ran every dadgum thing as admin and nothin' doin'.

Someone suggested that a possible thing I could do was used a crack for the game, which then changes the method of saving, but I don't want to peruse the seedy underbelly of the internet and risk gettin' something skeevy for the sake of this, sorry port of a 3DS game, you're not worth that kinda thing.

So I come to y'all for help, if anyone can think of any possible thing that can fix this baffling issue.

Jawmuncher

Quick rundown is I've had this permanent issue with Resident Evil: Revelaitons on my PC, so I dropped it for a time and forgot about it. But I really want to go back to it and actually play through it and who knows, pick up Revelations 2 some day maybe.

Game starts and tries to make an initial save profile, can't, prompts to try again or play without saving.

1. Delete the save within the Steam/userdata/ directory and have it create a new one. No good.
2. Run the game as administrator. I ran every dadgum thing as admin and nothin' doin'.

Someone suggested that a possible thing I could do was used a crack for the game, which then changes the method of saving, but I don't want to peruse the seedy underbelly of the internet and risk gettin' something skeevy for the sake of this, sorry port of a 3DS game, you're not worth that kinda thing.

So I come to y'all for help, if anyone can think of any possible thing that can fix this baffling issue.

I'm assuming you verified the files right?

Ascheroth

This kind of looks like a permission issue to me.

I'd try moving the game to a different Steam-library. It reads like you've installed it in the default location, try installing it on a different partition or even just to a library on the same drive but outside of Program Files.

Tizoc

Would love to see breath of fire and final fight....

Final Fight compilation release would be interesting though I wonder what Ninty's say is in regards to FF2 and 3...

An FF compilation could contain the following
OG Arcade Final Fight 1 with option for PC Engine CD audio
SNES FF2 and 3
Final Fight One; the GBA game had various nods to the series lore such as SF Zero Guy commenting on not having fought Rolento or something like that. That and remixed gameplay IIRC
Mighty Final Fight
Captain Commando (takes place in Metro City in the far future, or at least at the start...I think. Or just have CC be released alongside Battle Circuit)

Grief.exe

Speaking of Cook Serve Delicious, the second game is looking fairly close to release.

So we should have a release date by May/June.

Progress Update

The game is on track and doing great. I’ve gotten sick this last week but I’ve pushed through it and I’m confident I’ll make my March 31st deadline of having the game being “content complete.” But what does that mean exactly? Basically the game will have all the gameplay content in it by then; I will then need to go back and polish all the foods and add recipes, redo the UI to the design shown in the last update, add some behind the scenes features such as translation support, then do the menus and do a final polish pass.

Because of all this I’m going to go radio silent for the next month or two and focus on completing the game. But here’s the good news: the next update I’ll post here will be a release date and price! Woooooo! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, and I can’t wait until the game is out there and everyone is cookin’ up a storm.

Vibranium

Banned
Thank you for all the awesome work you do, wbacon.

Now, if the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy hits Steam (hopefully with fixed animations) you will have my undying gratitude. No objections here. Maya is counting on Capcom!
latest

The Last Remnant PC does not have the bad BR scaling like it was on Xbox. Don't worry about it too much.

If you are cool use a trainer to get unlimited freeze time and boost your movement speed. Then aggro every enemy on the map for one giant battle.

Amzin

This kind of looks like a permission issue to me.

I'd try moving the game to a different Steam-library. It reads like you've installed it in the default location, try installing it on a different partition or even just to a library on the same drive but outside of Program Files.

I would agree with this, I don't know what it could be other than a permissions issue. Try installing it not to Program Files, make sure Steam itself is Admin mode, things like that. Are there multiple user accounts on your PC? I have occasionally seen that do weird things to permissions when it's trying to use a User folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom