• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

I'm gonna ask here since I am out of ideas. Since I have a 1080 TI now I try to utilize 4K res more. So I set the resolutions in the nVidia CP for DSR to the desired resolutions (I need to set 2.25 on a 1440p panel to get 2160p for some weird reasons) and leave the smothness to 33% default.

So, some games seem to work but I am not sure? They look and run the same to me. The Evil Within for example looks really blurry (or really jaggy if I set smothness to 0%). Dying Light stretches the image beyond screen borders in fullscreen and other problems. I tried setting the DPI scaling compatibility for the .exe's but that did not really help. I also tried setting the desktop res to 2160p before launching a game but that ends in the same result... So far this is not working the way I had hoped - am I doing something wrong, or am I just understanding this whole downsampling thing wrong?

Fair enough, why not check out some older games from the past 5 or so years? Downscaling can make them look good.
I played a lot AAA singleplayer games, even from recent years, it's really not that hard to try out most of them if you playing exclusively on PC. And i actually do replaying some old AAA and other titles from 2007, but again, this is stuff that i mostly already played and it can't be compared to something new.
I got 6 hours to decide if I should get Prey.
You absolutely should get it.

Deques

Thread is going up soon....

Think of a title time.

Can images be used for subtitles :D

tRmH5ai.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom