• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're interested in a shitload of +1s, Steamground has a massive number of games available from 4 to 6 cents each

http://steamground.com/en/wholesale
j30so5Q.png

Can't think of the mobile game but it was some cube-like top down game that played similar to Frogger. Crossy Road I think was its name? Anyways. The graphic looks totally stolen from that.

Anteater

hellblade and LiS sounds like my jam this month, even tho i think they'll be average, but they're the sorta games i'm into, i'm fucking around with dolphin tho, i have a few GC games on my backlog

dex3108

I just overclocked my GTX 1060 (Pushed Memory to 8.5GHz from 8GHz and max Core clock to 1.9GHz from 1.8GHz) and played Mafia 3 for an hour. At full GPU load i reached max 70°C with fans at max 76% and power usage at around 60%. So in short i think that i can push my GPU even more XD

I just overclocked my GTX 1060 (Pushed Memory to 8.5GHz from 8GHz and max Core clock to 1.9GHz from 1.8GHz) and played Mafia 3 for an hour. At full GPU load i reached max 70°C with fans at max 76% and power usage at around 60%. So in short i think that i can push my GPU even more XD

I might be wrong but it was discovered that if you push the overlooking you will get worse performance. It appears that Nvidia put a regulator that makes it so it will reduce the performance to protect itself.

dex3108

I might be wrong but it was discovered that if you push the overlooking you will get worse performance. It appears that Nvidia put a regulator that makes it so it will reduce the performance to protect itself.

I know that 2.2GHz is max limit that you can't go beyond. Most 10xx cards can reach 2GHz without issues. But this was just the test, i still don't need to overclock my GPU because all games i am playing are running more-less fine.

Lain

Whoa, Fate/Extella is now sitting at 24k +- 4k owners of which 64% are from China.
Xseed really is making bank from the chinese playerbase.

I'm so so curious how well Cold Steel will do.
I have legitimately no idea how owner numbers will look for that game after the first week.
30-50k? Less? More? I have no idea.

I expect better for Cold Steel compared to what the TITS games do on release but not results as good as Fate.

madjoki

Is this site legit?

Yeah, apparently business model is(was before steam direct) site brings up greenlight votes for games in exchange for keys to sell for card farmers.

"PAYPAL IS NOT AVAILABLE"

You can contact support if you want to buy using paypal tho.

Not sure. The library of titles available are definitely ones I would expect accepting 5 cents for their games so there's that.

It's legit as in you get keys you pay for, that most of time won't get revoked.

Tonton

I figured he'd just use it again if nobody submitted a new one, should I send it again?

Hopefully sales will at least be equal to FC's...
No chance
Let's think about beating SC sales first

This is also gonna be twice as expensive as FC so even if it doesn't sell as well it might still be doing good money

Although this is also a more expensive port with all the voice acting and stuff
I really hope they can justify giving the same treatment to Cold Steel 2

Ascheroth

I figured he'd just use it again if nobody submitted a new one, should I send it again?

Hopefully sales will at least be equal to FC's...
Eh, I'd say just resend it, there's no rule for having only 1 write-up per game anyway if it comes down to it, as I myself recently learned.
I expect better for Cold Steel compared to what the TITS games do on release but not results as good as Fate.
At least it will probably have legs.
But man, Xseed really sucks at this whole 'marketing' thing. Cold Steel doesn't even have a proper trailer on the store page yet.

Are any of these games any good? Looks like the usual sort of shovelware I'd see in a $1 bundle.

Good or bad doesn't enter the equation.

What matters is the +1. Always the +1.

Climbing until our knees' flesh smears to bone and our fingertips swell into rotten and blackened nubs. Stretching, forever stretching, for that perfect digit in which our lord, Gaben, shows himself in the holy benevolence we've never known in our mortal toiling.

Tonton

Eh, I'd say just resend it, there's no rule for having only 1 write-up per game anyway if it comes down to it, as I myself recently learned.

At least it will probably have legs.
But man, Xseed really sucks at this whole 'marketing' thing. Cold Steel doesn't even have a proper trailer on the store page yet.
Cold Steel release feels a bit weird. I asked Tom on XSEED's forums about the DLC situation and he said they still hadn't decided what will or not be included (and at least some of it won't)
The game releases Wednesday, you'd think they have that sorted out even before announcing a date and price

Not to mention I think this is probably the shortest time between announcement of the date and release I've seen from them

Ascheroth

Cold Steel release feels a bit weird. I asked Tom on XSEED's forums about the DLC situation and he said they still hadn't decided what will or not be included (and at least some of it won't)
The game releases Wednesday, you'd think they have that sorted out even before announcing a date and price

Not to mention I think this is probably the shortest time between announcement of the date and release I've seen from them
...You'd think with a 40€ price tag they'd at least include everything. Don't get too cocky Xseed <.<

When did they reveal the final date again?
Xanadu Next also only had 2 weeks between announcement and release.

dex3108

So 7.7M people owns GTA V on Steam, add to that at least half of that number for other version of the game sold outside Steam and we are at at least 12M copies on PC. Game was sold through 80M copies and if we dived that with number of platforms that it was released on, (5 in total) we get that at least 15% of all copies were sold on PC. In short potentially we have situation where game has equal distribution on all platforms (that would be 20% per platform). And yet no RDR2 for PC.

Yeah i am still pissed at Rockstar.

Tonton

...You'd think with a 40€ price tag they'd at least include everything. Don't get too cocky Xseed <.<

When did they reveal the final date again?
Xanadu Next also only had 2 weeks between announcement and release.
The way he was talking about it it sounded more like there's stuff Falcom doesn't want to be included (it's their content so they probably have a say on how XSEED sells it)
At least according to Tom all DLC that was available in the console release should be available one way or another

IDR Xanadu but CS was exactly 2 weeks

That's for when Sonic Forces comes out.
I'll accept that too

Is this site legit?
Sites like this usually selling keys directly selling keys from so-called "developers", but it's impossible to say from where every key comes. But i never heard about any issues with this site, and i'm browsing both english and russian steam deals and trading communities quite often.
"PAYPAL IS NOT AVAILABLE"
That's because this is russian site and it uses russian payment systems. Russians don't like Paypal because of fees, 0.3$-0.5$ is too much when game prices are usually in 0.001$ range. Well, i mean "games" that are available on this site.
Are any of these games any good? Looks like the usual sort of shovelware I'd see in a $1 bundle.
99% of those games exists only to take app id and produce more cards on card farms. So no, they even worse than shovelware, shovelware usually have at least some gameplay while this "games" doesn't.

Knurek

So 7.7M people owns GTA V on Steam, add to that at least half of that number for other version of the game sold outside Steam and we are at at least 12M copies on PC. Game was sold through 80M copies and if we dived that with number of platforms that it was released on, (5 in total) we get that at least 15% of all copies were sold on PC. In short potentially we have situation where game has equal distribution on all platforms (that would be 20% per platform). And yet no RDR2 for PC.

Yeah i am still pissed at Rockstar.

He wave enough of MMORPGs on PC as things stand, no need for a western based one.

Madventure

Looks like Ark has already missed their leave Early Access and going to actual finished product date of the 8th of August and pushed it back to the 29th of August.

Citing reasons of "This process took a little longer than expected and as a result, our release date has been pushed back"

"We wanted to address this sooner but did not want to"

I also might of just cut and pasted pieces of what they said to make them look bad but the date is real

Ascheroth

The way he was talking about it it sounded more like there's stuff Falcom doesn't want to be included (it's their content so they probably have a say on how XSEED sells it)
At least according to Tom all DLC that was available in the console release should be available one way or another

IDR Xanadu but CS was exactly 2 weeks

I'll accept that too
DON'T GET COCKY FALCOM <.<
I see that the Cold Steel DLCs are basically just costumes and accessories.
Which is bad, because I like having costumes and accessories in my JRPGs.
Included from the start <.<

I just read that post in question and it does indeed sound like they are still in talks with Falcom about that.
The game releases in 2 days... &#129300;

Xanadu was exactly 2 weeks as well.

How and why is it August already?

I might actually buy Sonic Mania at release. I think the last game I did that with was Binding of Isaac Rebirth 3 years ago :O

That's because this is russian site and it uses russian payment systems. Russians don't like Paypal because of fees, 0.3$-0.5$ is too much when game prices are usually in 0.001$ range. Well, i mean "games" that are available on this site.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

while we talk about shmups .... this just dropped

Also, this one is on sale:

Anyone played it? Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom