• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

This was recommended to me and I fell in love with it, so now I'll share one with you long time members.

Not a Steam sale, but just as good of a deal. Will need to get with an Indie Game Stand account, but it is a Steam code.

Thanks KenOD for Papa and Yo, looks like the kind of game that'll be fun to play with my daughter!

Looking forward to checking it out once finals wrap this week!

Nuuvem is selling Steam Max Payne 2, but the game is blocked in the BR store on Steam, if I buy it from Nuuvem and activate it with the code will it work or will I be blocked?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I send someone a trade-request, steam said it couldn't and I should try again later. I try again later, it sends six of them. :/

derExperte

Fez or Costume Quest or neither......

Do you want something cute, easy, fall/winter-themed and repetitive to play through leisurely while getting drunk on eggnog? Then Costume Quest. It's perfect for this time of year. Need something for your brain with more longevity? Fez.

r3n4ud

Farming Simulator as a flash, shit ya! Yes, I'm late, but just got home from work. Missed it when Greenman had it on the cheap, but this will do nicely :)

When I first played Dishonored I thought it was pretty bad. It was one of those games that seriously needed some kind of see through walls mechanic, because it's first person and you can't see your surroundings well. I was just about to drop the game until I came to the part where you learn skills. The whole game changed at that part. Now I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

While I still don't like the graphics, the gameplay is amazing. I do hate the choose to kill or not kill part. Especially since
it chooses which ending you get by how many people you killed
(I hate that).

I checked out for a while, whatever happened to that Yogscast Dwarven Dairy Drive humble bundle that was randomly up for a bit? I see i have a key for TF2 Heart of Gold, whatever that is

While I still don't like the graphics, the gameplay is amazing. I do hate the choose to kill or not kill part. Especially since
it chooses which ending you get by how many people you killed
(I hate that).

um why? It's possible to do a 0 kill playthrough and also possible to murder everyone you see, whats the problem?

Very tempted by Godus, is there much out there about it? Would anyone here recommend it?

I've never played a 'God game' before and so I'd have nothing to compare it to.

Very tempted by Godus, is there much out there about it? Would anyone here recommend it?

I'd like to know as well. I have played god games... mainly black and white 2. I am not especially nipping at the heels to buy into another early access game tho tbh.

Turfster

I checked out for a while, whatever happened to that Yogscast Dwarven Dairy Drive humble bundle that was randomly up for a bit? I see i have a key for TF2 Heart of Gold, whatever that is
It's up now. 25$ minimum for the games.

No. It's obviously designed for tablets, and there's not much more to it at the moment than "stroking" the land to make it flat.

Li Kao

About, Metro LL, what are the story DLC ? Chronicles and that's all ?

I don't know why I want to buy this shit, I'm sure it will make my 560ti enter a nuclear fusion.

LiK

I watched the Giant Bomb QL for the beta and it looked pretty boring to me.

I almost feel guilty that my backlog is so small compared to some others because I realized how awful my spending habits were two years ago with these sales. Some people have backlogs of like 400 games! I trimmed so many games that I knew weren't important "must plays" and went from like 80 something to 20.

But my god, there have been so many tempting deals this sale and I do not want to revert back to that old habit again.

Derrick01

Banned
Ok guys...farming simulator. Give me the details on it, someone's had to play it here right? I love euro truck sim 2 and I really got into a few harvest moon games in my day so I should enjoy this, but I want to know how good of a sim it is.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ok guys...farming simulator. Give me the details on it, someone's had to play it here right? I love euro truck sim 2 and I really got into a few harvest moon games in my day so I should enjoy this, but I want to know how good of a sim it is.

Kabouter said it was great fun

I sadly haven't had the time to play it yet

Some people have backlogs of like 400 games! I trimmed so many games that I knew weren't important "must plays" and went from like 80 something to 20.
Some people I think have libraries of 400 Steam games and some might be aware that hundreds of those will never be played.

In my view all sales will repeat or be surpassed so there is no rush to pick anything up. Well also my main PC being offline means there is no point buying anything as I can't install it.

um why? It's possible to do a 0 kill playthrough and also possible to murder everyone you see, whats the problem?

All the trial and error really reeks to try to get 0 kills. I know if I don't try to do at least a semi-good job at not killing, I'll regret it later. I always hated when gameplay selects an ending, because it changes the way someone plays the game entirely (mostly based on preference if some enjoy it or not, I don't). I like it better when games let you choose a different ending based on story, not actions. So I can play the game anyway I want and enjoy myself.

ngt

I'm under the impression that Amazon only "targets" those who purchase from the newly-launched PSN sub-store; I've not read any unfortunate anecdotes from people just buying from Amazon's regular DD store.

I know (irl) one person from Europe who got his account locked. They asked him to email them a proof he lives in USA.

I also know about 10 who are just fine. I guess it's just bad luck. Maybe a transaction which went wrong, or an adress. After all, stadiums are big, but I doubt too many people actually live there.

ShinNL

Should I buy Fez, just for my collection, probably not gonna install anytime soon, even though I hate how racist the developer is?

Should I buy Torchlight II, just for my collection, probably not gonna install anytime soon, even though I have Diablo III (which I hardly play anymore)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's included with every copy of Shadow Warrior.

I know (irl) one person from Europe who got his account locked. They asked him to email them a proof he lives in USA.

I also know about 10 who are just fine. I guess it's just bad luck. Maybe a transaction which went wrong, or an adress. After all, stadiums are big, but I doubt too many people actually live there.

And he absolutely didn't buy anything from Amazon's PSN store?

kris.

Banned
Should I buy Fez, just for my collection, probably not gonna install anytime soon, even though I hate how racist the developer is?

Should I buy Torchlight II, just for my collection, probably not gonna install anytime soon, even though I have Diablo III (which I hardly play anymore)?

Torchlight II is infinitely better than D3, so for $5? Absolutely.

Dr Dogg

Doesn't everybody who shops at Amazon outside of NA live at Google's HQ? I'd imagine it's a combination of factors relating to "suspicious" activity and the recent Sony store. In 3 or 4 years I've never had a problem with multiple purchases from them but I've chose to use a remote petrol station in Alaska as my billing address.

Slacker

Anyone else having problems with Gamestop? I'm trying to buy Pac Man DX there but it's not letting me log in, even after resetting my password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom