• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam DB: UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection PC Release Date - Oct 19th

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Too long. It was supposed to release this Spring, what the hell happened.

Probably some last minute issues, the DB crosses out the July date for the October one. Maybe they found some exploit or something that needed to be fixed.

Last edited:
What? If true then that’s bullshit. Why bother announcing it so early?

I’ll grab it on cheap from cdkeys next year or something. I’ve kind of lost interest at this point.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What? If true then that’s bullshit. Why bother announcing it so early?

I’ll grab it on cheap from cdkeys next year or something. I’ve kind of lost interest at this point.
yeah. The game is 7 years old.. if you are not releasing it on a whim, without any announcements, then wtf

Midn1ght

It's the third date that come from these leaks.

June 20th - EGS Leak
July 15th - 1st Steam-db Leak
Oct 19th - 2nd Steam-db Leak

Sony not giving an official date makes me wonder if Iron Galaxy is having troubles with the game. I hope they can release a solid port so I'm okay to wait.
Also, Miles Morales is November 12th, these two seem close to each other.

Last edited:
Maybe we can finally release the following game on a platform that can handle it:

81C6YQ-1lzL._SL1476_.jpg

Since apparently it was too complicated to be on the PS4 and PS5.

tommib

I mean, what about the first three games?

Those two are the weakest games of the franchise, if anything they should port the first three games
They look too ancient. Sony clearly wants to keep their reputation of “best in graphics” with their PC games. They remade The Last of Us for the PC port.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Nice, I will definitely buy it day one to send the message. No interest in replying U4 now but it's good to know that the option for 4k 60+FPS is there.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I mean, what about the first three games?

Those two are the weakest games of the franchise, if anything they should port the first three games
Uc4 is easily the best game in the franchise. You must have not replayed the trilogy in a long time.
I did and the games are still good but not even close to uc4

Midn1ght

Doesn't matter. These are not their main focus.
Just throw these on PC with no care or real strategy?

Remember HFW (Feb. 18th), GT7 (March 4th) and Elden Ring (Feb. 25th)?
With that in mind, one could argue their focus is on part with console releases since they're using the same genius strategy of releasing 2 big games less than one month apart from each other with a huge 3rd party release stuck between them.

Modern Warfare II is October 28th.

Weird but who knows, maybe it all work out for them. HFW and GT7 are doing okay right?

Last edited:
Uc4 is easily the best game in the franchise. You must have not replayed the trilogy in a long time.
I did and the games are still good but not even close to uc4
Agree. I have replayed the whole series lately, and uncharted 1-3 werent as good as I remembered (dated graphics and simple combat was boring after a while). Uncharted 4 however is still awesome, it has engaging combat, simple but fun stealth mechanics, car driving and variety of beautiful locations. I still cant believe how such amazing looking game can run on PS4, and I expect it will be a graphics showcase on PC as well. I wonder how much better PC version can run at 60fps+ and M+K.

Three

Maybe we can finally release the following game on a platform that can handle it:

81C6YQ-1lzL._SL1476_.jpg

Since apparently it was too complicated to be on the PS4 and PS5.
Why though? Part of the charm of that game were the Vita features and the great graphics on a Vita. If it were on PS5/PC it would be an average game at best compared to other games and the mainline ones. It would hardly get any sales or traction.

Last edited:
I bet this was delayed because Sony wanted to work through the titles that have sequels on the way first. They're slowly working their way towards a shorter release time for their new titles.

God of War, Horizon and Spider-Man all have sequels on the way. Uncharted 4 does not, so it could wait.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Agree. I have replayed the whole series lately, and uncharted 1-3 werent as good as I remembered (dated graphics and simple combat was boring after a while). Uncharted 4 however is still awesome, it has engaging combat, simple but fun stealth mechanics, car driving and variety of beautiful locations. I still cant believe how such amazing looking game can run on PS4, and I expect it will be a graphics showcase on PC as well. I wonder how much better PC version can run at 60fps+ and M+K.
Yeah it got all that and yet my fav part is when you arrive on that tropical islands and you exit a puzzle and the storm is approaching. Wow

Brofist

Just throw these on PC with no care or real strategy?

Remember HFW (Feb. 18th), GT7 (March 4th) and Elden Ring (Feb. 25th)?
With that in mind, one could argue their focus is on part with console releases since they're using the same genius strategy of releasing 2 big games less than one month apart from each other with a huge 3rd party release stuck between them.

Modern Warfare II is October 28th.

Weird but who knows, maybe it all work out for them. HFW and GT7 are doing okay right?
It's just copium from the last person on the forums that is still annoyed that the PC is getting Sony games.

Last edited:
Why though? Part of the charm of that game were the Vita features and the great graphics on a Vita. If it were on PS5/PC it would be an average game at best compared to other games and the mainline ones. It would hardly get any sales or traction.
The charm has long been over. It's stuck on a dead system. I just want it ported and just add mouse controls for all of the touchscreen/touchpad stuff.

Agent X

An enhanced remaster of Uncharted: Golden Abyss might pull in some sales, especially if priced appropriately (under $30). A short side story can still be a compelling product, as Uncharted: The Lost Legacy was also able to prove.

Top Bottom