• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Playing Shadow of War actually makes me want to re-install Arkham Knight...

Is any of the DLCs worth playing?

The season of infamy are just side missions, but for side missions, they each are pretty fun. They are not anything on the level of Cold, Cold Heart from Arkham Origins which felt like a complete, yet shorter-than-a-whole-game standalone story. They have interesting stories though, and get additional "captured" dialogue.

Batgirl felt a bit sparse and overly long for what it was, and offered little new.

Harley Quinn, Red Hood, Robin, Catwoman and Nightwing things are mainly series of challenge maps. I though Robin's was pretty good in that regard, and each character plays different enough (if you're into the finer differences between characters).

The rest are challenge maps which are good if you like combat/predator-focused challenges without any story. And then the skins are cool, but not really worth the price of admission.

zkylon

zkylewd
really hard to play games with league worlds going

i'm stuck like 4 hours a day watching league

and it's the best

what new visual look?

a client redesign that's supposed to come this year

f9wfvymlvnv9nf4vlvze.png

xl3yr4yuka7dhtodhlik.png

it could look like that

Can't say I'm really enjoying The Evil Within 2 yet, I don't know what it is I don't particularly like but it just hasn't grabbed me at all, the performance issues certainly don't help.

really hard to play games with league worlds going

i'm stuck like 4 hours a day watching league

and it's the best

a client redesign that's supposed to come this year

it could look like that
Oh i forgot, wasnt that suppose to be in the summer? The valve time really is true lol.

I think I properly installed the Unofficial Metro patch?

Some small nice fixes, though ideally I wouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it like this in the future.

Vibranium

Banned
Huh, the Humble Bundle IGN news is suprising, but doesn't actually bother me much. If they go down in flames, they go down in flames I guess. We'll see how it goes.

Tizoc

Where's the cheapest place to get Rogue Trooper Redux from? I wanted to get it from GOG but it seems their discount offer ended.
As is, Humble is the cheapest option atm.

So apparently I got this Atlanta 2017 Dust II Souvenir package, probably from watching some CS:GO on Twitch in the past couple weeks.

There's like 99% chance it's more valuable to just sell as is, vs. risking opening it, right?

Steam says it's worth about $3.46 as a loot crate.

lazerfox

So apparently I got this Atlanta 2017 Dust II Souvenir package, probably from watching some CS:GO on Twitch in the past couple weeks.

There's like 99% chance it's more valuable to just sell as is, vs. risking opening it, right?

I'd sell it. The last time I opened a Dust 2 souvenir all I got was a $0.15 skin.

sadblob

FYI, the Atlanta major was in January. And yes, unless you are extremely lucky, it's always better to sell than to open.

Monooboe

Taking a small break from Hallow Knight and trying out Steamworld Dig 2 and wow being used to the tight controls from Hallow Knight it's little jarring going to Steamworld Dig 2 where they are a bit more floaty and sluggish. But the game itself seems great so far, can relax and just mine instead of being afraid of boss battles coming out of nowhere.:D

Deques

This is awesome.
It's trying to list 640 dota 2 items on the market and my phone is going crazy. Is there a way to 'select all' on the phone for listing confirmations? It would take me the whole day to select 640 items to confirm.

Sadly, you have select one by one

data

The fact that they're still very active at updating the current steam is normal right? Shouldn't they be working constantly on the new UI? Why waste effort on the current one?

Or the new UI is just like a skin ontop of the normal steam client?

Taking a small break from Hallow Knight and trying out Steamworld Dig 2 and wow being used to the tight controls from Hallow Knight it's little jarring going to Steamworld Dig 2 where they are a bit more floaty and sluggish. But the game itself seems great so far, can relax and just mine instead of being afraid of boss battles coming out of nowhere.:D

That final boss ain't no slouch though...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is awesome.
It's trying to list 640 dota 2 items on the market and my phone is going crazy. Is there a way to 'select all' on the phone for listing confirmations? It would take me the whole day to select 640 items to confirm.

Nope, annoyingly.

Oh i forgot, wasnt that suppose to be in the summer? The valve time really is true lol.

Valve said the beta would "probably" kick off in Summer.

zkylon

zkylewd
well xcom is pretty good to semi-mindlessly play while listening to league games, even if it costs me a couple soldiers heh

Cade

I just got banned from uploading user generated content for 24 hours

for an unedited screenshot of The Witcher 1

from June 25th, 2013.

Thanks Steam

Cade

Ucchedavāda;251977478 said:
Maybe it got reported by somebody.
What was it a screenshot of?

Naked dryad. I'm not saying it wasn't lewd, but the game and hub are both Mature and I see a ton of people's screenshots of the sex cards from that game. I assume someone reported it, I just don't know why, haha.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Momodora IV just now. 100% map, all health upgrades but not all bugs. Not going to bother with them. Great game overall, loved the brisk pacing. I love games that don't overstay their welcome and this is one that definitely has the perfect length and is engaging all the way through.

I love some of the steam reviews saying it has 'Dark Souls like gameplay'. Eeh... it's a challenging 2D action/adventure? DkS is now the origin of everything

Nillansan

Finished Momodora IV just now. 100% map, all health upgrades but not all bugs. Not going to bother with them. Great game overall, loved the brisk pacing. I love games that don't overstay their welcome and this is one that definitely has the perfect length and is engaging all the way through.

It's so good, I ended up going for all Achievements, took about four or five runs. Really looking forward to seeing what rdein and the team comes up with next.

Durante

I love some of the steam reviews saying it has 'Dark Souls like gameplay'. Eeh... it's a challenging 2D action/adventure? DkS is now the origin of everything
I don't think that's far-fetched at all, there are clearly some gameplay elements uncommon in previous Metroidvanias that are normally attributed to the Souls series.

E.g. your consumables are replenished at each bonfire bell.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I don't think that's far-fetched at all, there are clearly some gameplay elements uncommon in previous Metroidvanias that are normally attributed to the Souls series.

E.g. your consumables are replenished at each bonfire bell.

Oh yeah that I can definitely see. But I was thinking more in terms of difficulty. People tend to quickly pull the DkS card whenever a game is challenging.

Top Bottom