• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I WON A KEY FOR COLD STEEL II FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE STREAM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Congrats, dude!

I'm still playing through the first game on the Vita, and really enjoying it.

Battlechili

Banned
Congrats, dude!
I'm still playing through the first game on the Vita, and really enjoying it.
Thanks! And cool! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. It gives me hope. Watching the stream, I really liked the character building. They really spend some time making sure these characters are good. The voice acting was pretty on point too!
Its funny; I haven't actually played Cold Steel 1 either so this is kinda weird for me. But I guess now that I've got 2, I should go ahead and get 1.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member
. I liked this community to much so seeing it slow down was kinda sad. Steam is still going strong as a platform after all.

That's because "everyone" who was active in the SteamGAF thread left. This thread has apparently 2-3 active users, you, jshackles and ehead. You gare the only ones keeping this thread alive.

All the community threads on this forum are dead, which is sad.

I lurked the Steam thread for years and got a ton of game recommendations, we need this thread active again like it was before.

ehead

^True that. Anyway, I haven’t been able to post much because I am neck-deep (erm) into Subnautica again. I feel like they really nailed the open-world/survival genre. I’m so happy seeing it review so well. I was tempted to start an OT but the game just distracts me so much.

They say single-player is dead. This game together with the heavy hitters of 2017 just proves that notion wrong. Congratulations to the devs of Unknown Worlds Entertainment for having a successful launch/game. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for them.

ehead

I have some new Steam key giveaways from the recent monthly humblebundle. These are some great games that need to be played.

- Civilization 6 (This appears to be blocked in some regions.)
- Owlboy
- Life is Strange Complete season

Seriously, with game selections like these, I find it hard to buy stuff during Steam sales anymore. I don't get to play immediately most of what I buy anyway.

Last edited:

pislit

I have some new Steam key giveaways from the recent monthly humblebundle. These are some great games that need to be played.

- Owlboy

Seriously, with game selections like these, I find it hard to buy stuff during Steam sales anymore. I don't get to play immediately most of what I buy anyway.

Can I get Life is Strange?

Last edited:

- Owlboy

Could I trouble you for Owlboy?

Battlechili

Banned
Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming to PC

On one hand I'm really glad SEGA keeps porting games to PC and this looks really cute, but on the other I'm kinda disappointed it isn't something like Valkyria: Azure Revolution or Resonance of Fate

Espada

Baby steps. Slowly but surely Sega will keep putting more of their stuff on the platform until eventually we won't have to worry about games showing up on Steam.

ehead

Already have the game on Switch but I'm happy Sega is offering more of their titles on PC. I'm guessing the inevitable Shenmue HD collection will come to PC too. I hope Yakuza makes it before that though.

Battlechili

Banned
NISA is having new announcements at 6PM PST
Here's hoping Disgaea 3 PC is announced. Better yet, a Witch and the Hundred Knight port.
Baby steps. Slowly but surely Sega will keep putting more of their stuff on the platform until eventually we won't have to worry about games showing up on Steam.
I guess that's fair. Its just a shame they're so slow about doing it.

If sega Japan were to get on pc I don't think there would be any games I want that would justify a ps5 for me. They are pretty much the only japanese pubs not doing it at this point, besides first party games.

If sega Japan were to get on pc I don't think there would be any games I want that would justify a ps5 for me. They are pretty much the only japanese pubs not doing it at this point, besides first party games.
not sure why you would believe that unless you are talking about games like Yakuza and persona.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Puyo Puyo Tetris seems like an odd game to port, but as I've always said we'll be happy with anything Sega throws our way. ;)

I personally didn't care for it on the Switch though - which is weird because I love Tetris and like Puyo Puyo. The single-player story mode sounds great on paper but it's execution is lacking. Still, I'll be interested to see how well it does on PC. I imagine people could come up with some crazy mods to swap characters.

D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member
Suprised to see jshackles still posting here, thought you left for the other site.

not sure why you would believe that unless you are talking about games like Yakuza and persona.

Yes, that is what I mean. For ps4 I want or have persona 5, the yakuzas, akibas beat, bloodborne (not interesting offline) caligura ( Lost dimension is on pc so this will probably be on pc too) valkyria 4 metal max zeno (publisher is only on sony devices right now). Everything else is on pc and I don't need to worry about backward compability or buy remakes to keep my games.

Last edited:

Battlechili

Banned
The Devil May Cry HD Collection Steam page is now up too.
Also apparently Twitch Prime users will be getting the first game from it for free on Feb 27.

Velurian

With one of the recent steam updates I started to experience a problem where after an unknown time period the right side of my steam window becomes black and the mouse's actual location is different than the visual location (I see the mouse, but click happens about 3 cm to the left.)
wPnOFHs.jpg

Anyone else have this?

fernandes

The wishlist takes way too much space now. Also missing the sort by price and some other stuff but I bet Jshackles will Enhance it soon ! ;)

Last edited:

jshackles

Sorting options are at the top of the page, several filtering options. The page has screenshots, review scores, add to cart buttons, platform icons, early access tags...

In fact I'm having a hard time finding anything that was missed from Enhanced Steam's feature set. Someone at Valve must have been paying attention.

abracadaver

I miss the sort by price option

Also an option to only show VR games instead of just hiding them

Best thing is that you can now add to cart and view screenshots without having to visit the store page

jshackles

I miss the sort by price option

This is being rolled out now, wasn't there earlier:

l35AxP1.png

I'll probably try and rework the sort by discount feature and tie it into the standard UI. I'll also be updating the notes field feature (thankfully they gave me PLENTY of space to work with) and a few others like totals and the emptying functions. More or less though, most of the existing Enhanced Steam wishlist functions are now standard. You're welcome, Valve!

AshenOne7

Neophyte
Whooo! finally got my account approved, guess i'll be hanging in steam related threads mostly :). Also i think need to get in some wallet credit cause the new Attack on Titan game is coming soon like in a month, need to get it!

Last edited:

jshackles

So DarcPhansea on Reddit made a cool alternate Steam client with Enhanced Stem built into it that they call the Enhanced Steam Standalone Unofficial. It's pretty cool - it uses a Vivaldi wrapper to simulate Steam's functionality (similar to how the official Steam client uses a webkit-based back-end).

Seems like a pretty cool passion project, would be curious to hear what others think (and I'm sure DarcPhansea would be, too!)

Backlogger

^ That's pretty interesting. I'd probably just stick with the Vanilla Steam Client though. What I like about your work, and I think the same would apply here, is that Valve will usually end up implementing the best features that others build on their passion projects. I just wish you guys somehow would get credit for them (from Valve), or at least an acknowledgement.

Whooo! finally got my account approved, guess i'll be hanging in steam related threads mostly :). Also i think need to get in some wallet credit cause the new Attack on Titan game is coming soon like in a month, need to get it!

Welcome aboard. Its pretty quiet these days though (at least in this thread).

Last edited:

Tizoc

jshackles jshackles After the latest Steam client update, Idlemaster doesn't ask for an auth code after entering username and password. i guess you need to update it to resolve this issue? Otherwise what would be causing it?

Battlechili

Banned
So...the Steam thread on the other site has been permabanned....
I don't really know the details of what caused it to be perma'd, but you guys are all welcome to come back here if any of you over there see this. Kinda crazy that that wound up happening.

In other news, the Princess Maker 5 appeared on Steam!

Not sure why they skipped 4 though.

Also apparently Ghostlight should be announcing the first of their upcoming PC ports this week. Could even be later today. Apparently its a dungeon crawler. Any ideas on what it might be? I'm hoping for Dungeon Travelers 2, Demon Gaze, Moero Crystal, or Mary Skelter personally, but I fear it might wind up being MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death.

Last edited:

illusionary

So...the Steam thread on the other site has been permabanned....
I don't really know the details of what caused it to be perma'd, but you guys are all welcome to come back here if any of you over there see this. Kinda crazy that that wound up happening.
Ultimately, it's just that its scope has been flexed a bit and there's now a broader PC gaming thread.

Backlogger

I rarely went into the Steam thread on the new site. I stopped coming here as well. I mostly follow B/S/T and Xbox Backwards Compatibility threads these days. I just drop in once in a while to see if there is any news I am missing.

Top Bottom