• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I've gotten a lot of messages and emails about Idlemaster not working correctly - and I'm not surprised given how much Steam is actually putting some effort into changes these days.

There's a guy that forked my original project and has been maintaining it. It's got releases within the past few weeks so presumably it's either working now or will work soon if he keeps things up and running.

https://github.com/Farax85/idle_master

Anteater

thanks jshacks, i'll give it a try later

also i really think they should separate the daily deals from weekend deals, or maybe label them better, not the first time I've missed the small timer below the daily deals thinking they're part of the weekend deals

Last edited:

zebez

aww the day has come where idlemaster stopped working

also I miss the days of stump being a mod back then.

There is also ArchiSteamFarm which I switched over to a while ago. It takes a bit more to learn and to setup than idlemaster. But if your willing you can do stuff easily and on several accounts.

DiscoJer

Some strange things are afoot with the Steam release of DIsgaea 5. NISA mysteriously revoked the demo and has delayed the game until Summer, claiming a major bug was found at the last moment.

But others are saying they accidentally released the whole game as the Demo more or less, with you being able to progress in the demo with some hex editing. That would explain revoking the demo, but the delay of the game itself?

Can anyone help me out here. I bought a key for Infinite Warfare on CDkeys without checking that it was a Europe only key(stupid mistake, I know!). Is it possible for a refund or can I use a VPN to activate the key on Steam? I've never used a VPN with Steam before even to unlock games earlier, so interested to know.

I'm pretty sure I won't get a refund since the key has been revealed. I won't have my account banned or restricted for activating a key with a VPN?I assume if I wanted to play within those 90 days, I can just logon with a VPN?
Is it advisable to rather just have an alt account then for this?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can anyone help me out here. I bought a key for Infinite Warfare on CDkeys without checking that it was a Europe only key(stupid mistake, I know!). Is it possible for a refund or can I use a VPN to activate the key on Steam? I've never used a VPN with Steam before even to unlock games earlier, so interested to know.

Using a VPN to activate a region-locked key outside of your account's region is against the Steam Subscriber Agreement, meaning that if Valve found out about it they could ban your account (meaning you could play your existing games but couldn't purchase any new ones). That being said, there have been various reports of success in doing this exact thing from users here over the years. If it were me personally I'd probably just eat the cost of the game or try to sell it to someone else in Europe maybe - try the B/S/T thread.

Either way, good luck!

Thanks for the response!

I'm hoping a few people can help me with some choices regarding the following remasters:

I just got back into gaming this year and having been having a blast with DOOM 2016 and Titanfall 2, both were absolutely fantastic in their own way.

I've heard various reports regarding these remasters and I'm hoping I can get to the bottom of things so I can organize a playthrough.

Metro 2033/Last Light:
I heard a lot about how the Redux is actually a downgrade compared to the original? Not just in the visual department but because it made it more of an action FPS like Last Light instead of a Survival game? At the moment I feel more like being engrossed by the atmosphere of Metro and I know it being more survival based as opposed to an action FPS will definitely help.

Deus Ex Human Revolution:
A lot of people are complaining that the Directors Cut is actually worse in a lot of ways compared to the original release because of all the bugs present, as it was based on a prepatched HR.

Darksiders 1/2:
Are the remasters for 1 and 2 all up to snuff? I remember reading that the remaster for the 2nd game didn't get many updates to fix some of the bugs?

Last but certainly not least,

Bioshock 1/2:
I own both the original Bioshock 1/2 and it's remasters. How are the quality of these remasters? I know their are tons of bugs and crashed reported with the remaster of 2. Any fixes I should be aware of? (Depending on the suggestion of going original or remaster)

Questions unrelated to remasters!
I know there was talk about how you HAVE to play Bioshock 1 before Infinite(or because of Burial at Sea), but what about 2? I sadly don't have the Minerva's Den and I heard it's an amazing piece of DLC, but not sure if I should play 1 and Infinite, then loop back to 2 when I finally can acquire the DLC(Or is Minerva's Den unconnected to the events in 2? Then I can play 1,2,Infinite and come back to Minerva's Den when I can afford it)

For the record, I have played Bioshock 1, but when it was released. Hardly remember anything about it

Thanks all!!

Battlechili

Banned
Some strange things are afoot with the Steam release of DIsgaea 5. NISA mysteriously revoked the demo and has delayed the game until Summer, claiming a major bug was found at the last moment.

But others are saying they accidentally released the whole game as the Demo more or less, with you being able to progress in the demo with some hex editing
It wasn't the whole game. The demo crashes and functions incorrectly after chapter 3. You can technically get it to chapter 4 via hex editing, but it won't work properly or be a fully functional game. There's no way to get the demo to go further.

Last edited:

Battlechili

Banned
I worry about the people that thought releasing 428: Shibuya Scramble and Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner: MARS on the same day as Dragon Quest XI was a good idea.

jshackles

I've started playing Rocksmith on Steam lately - I have this weird mid-life crisis thing going on where I think I'd like to learn to play the guitar. I had been playing a lot of Rock Band 4 (on the PS4) and got to the point where I could play most songs on Expert difficulty and earn 5 stars, some easier songs I was able to do 100% flawless.

Turns out playing a real guitar is a lot harder :LOL: But I remember back to 2005 or so when I played the first Guitar Hero game and how badly I sucked at it. It literally took years of practice for me to play a plastic instrument.

Any good games you've been playing lately Ribi Ribi ?

Ribi

I've started playing Rocksmith on Steam lately - I have this weird mid-life crisis thing going on where I think I'd like to learn to play the guitar. I had been playing a lot of Rock Band 4 (on the PS4) and got to the point where I could play most songs on Expert difficulty and earn 5 stars, some easier songs I was able to do 100% flawless.

Turns out playing a real guitar is a lot harder :LOL: But I remember back to 2005 or so when I played the first Guitar Hero game and how badly I sucked at it. It literally took years of practice for me to play a plastic instrument.

Any good games you've been playing lately Ribi Ribi ?
iver been stuck on the rocket league grind as well as csgo and surfing. I need to play my steam copy metro exodus sometime tho :/

Domisto

Should we change the thread title to epic games store? "Everyone's favorite PC platform"
1Dwywx.gif

jshackles

Completely unrelated but I just realized you're the guy that made Enhanced Steam. Thanks for all the features. Saved me quite a few bucks over the years. (y)
No problem! If you haven't already, I'd recommend switching over to Augmented Steam - it's a fork of Enhanced Steam that's being maintained by the guys at IsThereAnyDeal.com.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Some good prices in the golden week sale. DB FighterZ at $15 is the lowest I've seen it yet.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was going to buy a game on humble bundle and I see that now they require you to link your Steam account, whereas I never had to do this before.
Are there any downsides to doing this, and can I unlink them in the future if I want to?

Also, do you guys think we'll get a Steam Spring Sale next week?

Last edited:

SweetShark

Why does EPIC keep stealing games from STEAM?

Because the Devs wants money.
No joke, just stating the truth.
Some Devs done it right, some other didn't.
Why do we keep blaming Epic if the Devs have the final say to allow their games to be exclusive in a specific store? They can say no after all.
But money.
That all.

SweetShark

I was going to buy a game on humble bundle and I see that now they require you to link your Steam account, whereas I never had to do this before.
Are there any downsides to doing this, and can I unlink them in the future if I want to?

Also, do you guys think we'll get a Steam Spring Sale next week?

Take a lot of humble bundles in general.
It is way quicker to redeem your codes if you are connected. It just open a new window, click that you agree and click to complete. Done.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I've been posting for a while so I think a couple people know me but anyways, I wasn't sure if this thread or the Steam ID profile thread (where you enter some basic information) was the place to share our Steam profile IDs and maybe add one another, or if there's an official Steam group NeoGAF uses that maybe sends out an invite instead of simply joining?

Looking forward to the Steam summer sale as well.

Last edited:

jshackles

I guess the Steam Spring Sale didn't happen today after all :(
Honestly this will be kind of a weird sale for me. It's the first Steam sale since Winter 2012 that I haven't been diligently adding new servers to the Enhanced Steam server farm gearing up for the massive hit that they usually take as ES got recommended by Kotaku and the likes every year when the sale started. I've given the Augmented Steam guys fair warning, so hopefully their server farm is up to snuff.

It'll be kind of surreal participating in the sales again without all the worry. I've got my eye on a few titles I'm interested in so hopefully they'll get a pretty deep cut.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Totally not what I expected - having an event but it seems like most stuff isn’t even on sale lol

Last edited:
Summer sale is next month, isn't it? I assume we'll see most stuff on sale then. XCOM 2 is still 75% off ($15) though. I just picked up Endless Space Collection, Lakeview Cabin Collection, Lucius Demake, Worms Crazy Golf and Trine: Enchanted Edition for pretty cheap.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Lets be honest here, as much as i love Steam, their 'sales' are shit and have been for years now. You can still buy games cheaper elsewhere than you can even with Steams sale discount.

Ribi

cant revive this dead ass thread theres no discount to interest me. Someone give me a stick so i can poke at the dead thread some more and hope it moves.

Top Bottom