• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam down with DDOS threat by Phantom Squad on Nov 3

We had been getting complaints through our Steam outage checker and now we have discovered that a Steam DDOS attempt may have been successful by hacking group ‘Phantom Squad’

steam-phantom-squad.jpg

http://www.product-reviews.net/2016/11/03/steam-down-with-ddos-threat-by-phantom-squad-on-nov-3/

Joey Ravn

Banned
There are so many more worthy endeavors out there in the world today that DDOSing Steam seems like a waste of time. Why not put your efforts into something that actually changes something?

Then again, I doubt that these people are capable of doing anything productive at all.

Kyrios

Are they called Phantom Squad because you can't tell if they are attacking or not?

Literally just signed on Steam with no problems.

kagamin

why do they attack steam?

btw. they are right.

people should play more on nintendo systems.

Pokemon isn't out yet, I mean I should be playing Dragon Quest VII but I'm really dragging my feet with Grandia II and I really need to finish that before I start another JRPG.

Nzyme32

Well, their definition of all day being just over an hour is pretty wonky then. Even better, the time at which they did it wasn't a particularly important one for me.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It was down for a couple minutes earlier, nothing major. Either they fucking suck at what they're doing, or they saw Steam was down and just took credit for it. Either way, they're scrubs.

There are so many more worthy endeavors out there in the world today that DDOSing Steam seems like a waste of time. Why not put your efforts into something that actually changes something?

Then again, I doubt that these people are capable of doing anything productive at all.

They're script kiddies, they don't have the talent to do anything significant.

Top Bottom