• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

how would i know

you picked clothes for a loli girl and talked to her for like half an hour and then got her one of those japanese highschool swimsuit thingies and then you turned it off cos you said you were at work

it was one of the lowest moments of my life

Ah, Polygon Love 2. I went with story mode instead of direct to the action to test if the characters were displaying properly.

Dr Dogg

Nothing wrong with setting yourself some achievable goals in order to cut down the spending spree and bundle blunders.

For example if you want to eat more healthily you don't plan to change your diet by going on an indefinite hunger strike. For one you'd probably be dead in a week and with most cases of crippling addiction, if you're lacking the willpower to go cold turkey, the gradual weaning method can inspire confidence one small step at a time.

Then again I've pissed by new games for the year budget up the wall in one month so that's a load of bollocks as far as I'm concerned.

ExoSoul

Banned
Guys, someone know if a PS4 pad is fully compatible with PS3?
I downloaded All Star Playstation and want play it on coop with a friend, but I've only one PS3 pad. If he brings a PS4 one, can be used with the game?
EDIT: 1.2 GB of patch :l

R2 and L2 buttons won't work so you might wanna switch the controls for whoever is playing with the PS4 controller since those are vital (iirc you can remap all actions)

Arthea

Nothing wrong with setting yourself some achievable goals in order to cut down the spending spree and bundle blunders.

For example if you want to eat more healthily you don't plan to change your diet by going on an indefinite hunger strike. For one you'd probably be dead in a week and with most cases of crippling addiction, if you're lacking the willpower to go cold turkey, the gradual weaning method can inspire confidence one small step at a time.

Then again I've pissed by new games for the year budget up the wall in one month so that's a load of bollocks as far as I'm concerned.

It kinda is, nobody is safe of having impulses, urges to buy games that are new and look really fun, like you feel, you could drop anything to play that (even if that's not true), that's why we call those - impulses.

Then again I'm trying to tone down on game purchases for quite some time as you all are probably tired of reading, so setting myself any achievable goal should help.
it doesn't, tho (><)
but there is always a first time for anything! It'll work some day!
or as zky says, one day I won't be able to afford my impulse buys, that should stop me like nothing else could.
and I'm afraid we are heading to such time in not so distant future (._.)

can i be an alien

you avatar clearly shows you are a male human, so no?

Sarcasm

R2 and L2 buttons won't work so you might wanna switch the controls for whoever is playing with the PS4 controller since those are vital (iirc you can remap all actions)

Thought rumble, motion controls and PS button didn't work. First I heard of this.

zkylon

zkylewd
only "rule" i generally try to enforce is "don't buy anything that you're not planning to play right away"

but no bundles unless there's a game i'm really interested in and no crossing random games from my wishlist even if they're on sale.

every now and then i break my "rule" (bought hatoful boyfriend and haven't really played it) but generally asking myself "do i really want to play this now?" saves me a lot of money

you avatar clearly shows you are a male human, so no?
damn it

i was already excited and everything

Milamber

Paying off a house and car are very good incentives to cut down on buying games. But these sub-$20 prices drive a very hard bargain. They add up.

Arthea

only "rule" i generally try to enforce is "don't buy anything that you're not planning to play right away"

but no bundles unless there's a game i'm really interested in and no crossing random games from my wishlist even if they're on sale.

every now and then i break my "rule" (bought hatoful boyfriend and haven't really played it) but generally asking myself "do i really want to play this now?" saves me a lot of money

It doesn't work with me, I more or less wanna play everything, with the exception of games with a lot of QTEs, little to no gameplay and with zombies, I'm really fed up with zombies and I think these are most boring enemies one could come up with, really I do, even bugs and rats aren't this boring.
Oh, almost forgot steam favourite - survival games, don't get those entirely, they bore me to stupor, whenever I try.

also you totally should play Hatoful Boyfriend, trust me on this, you should!

Bemine is stucked, 5 days, still three boni to unlock.

it's odd, as this bundle is great! for those that don't have $4 tier games, at least. Maybe that's the problem? Also 5 days is still a lot of time, and groupees sometimes adjust goals if a bundle sells worse than expected.

titch

I just popped my steam sale cherry so some bundle's are still generally eating to my wishlist.

Need to chillout on bundles though, this week will be my next test of willpower.

It doesn't work with me, I more or less wanna play everything, with the exception of games with a lot of QTEs, little to no gameplay and with zombies, I'm really fed up with zombies and I think these are most boring enemies one could come up with, really I do, even bugs and rats aren't this boring.
Oh, almost forgot steam favourite - survival games, don't get those entirely, they bore me to stupor, whenever I try. !

Same here with the exception of non street fighter beat-em-ups, bullet-hells and war strategy games - I like the look of games of so many games and end up playing no-where near enough of them.

The more I play Dark Souls, the more I realize how the level and world design shits all over DS2.

Dark Souls 2 did a lot of things right, world building was not one of them.

Arthea

I just popped my steam sale cherry so some bundle's are still generally eating to my wishlist.

Need to chillout on bundles though, this week will be my next test of willpower.

unless you really don't want any game in a bundle, I don't see this as test of willpower at all, if you skip a cheap bundle and then (later) buy a game on steam for more money, you are paying more. That's how I justify buying all bundles I buy (><)
Which are very little these days, because I have too many games already to get cheap bundles with games I don't own.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Bundles are better when you have a low Steam game count as there is less chance of you owning half of the included games.

Stumbled upon Firewatch while looking for Kentucky Route Zero wallpapers. I like the way it looks. It has some pretty decent pedigree behind it too.

Hah! This is the game I was thinking about recently, but couldn't remember its title. Thanks!

Only question is if this will be free or, more likely, is part of Valves plan to allow modders to profit from their work.

Volcynika

Ryse and something else froze my PC, and when I try to reboot, I can't get it to get to Windows. Trying everything and still no luck. PC out of commission until I figure out how to fix it. It was a sad Sunday.

(._. )

Bemine is stucked, 5 days, still three boni to unlock.

As I remember, I don't think groupees have even not given away all the bonuses. A few times near the end they have had to quickly readjust the levels from 1000+ to 100 to make sure they make it. It's just a marketing device.

titch

unless you really don't want any game in a bundle, I don't see this as test of willpower at all, if you skip a cheap bundle and then (later) buy a game on steam for more money, you are paying more. That's how I justify buying all bundles I buy (><)
Which are very little these days, because I have too many games already to get cheap bundles with games I don't own.

I have been reasonably good that way - I've skipped on a few bundles as they really poor - sure I could get 10 games for £2 but whats the point for having games I'd have no interest in - I'd rather get a bundle for a few I'd like and give the rest away and hopefully someone will give them playtime.

I have jumped on a few bundles though where I haven't heard of any of the games but bought them because of rec's on here so will hopefully get round to playing some of them.

The daft thing though is I've been following the indie threads/scene a fair bit and have ended up spending more time play small free games instead of those i've paid cash for.

Anyone else do that?

is it that bad? brother family shared it with me, but i only defeated the first boss. I mean, gameplay isnt that bad, so far. seems like a simplified Dark Souls.

There are no words to explain my WTF face in the last hours with the game. The Story has no point in any moment...

The desing of some of the zones are very poor with great fails in design (zones with no other possibility of escape than reload a previous save zone (if you save in different savegame ok, if not... muhahahahaha you lost all)

bugs and more bugs every step.

and the ending... facepalm..

My suggestion is to dedicate your time to any other game.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I have been reasonably good that way - I've skipped on a few bundles as they really poor - sure I could get 10 games for £2.

I have jumped on a few bundles though where I haven't heard of any of the games but bought them because of rec's on here so will hopefully get round to playing some of them.

The daft thing though is I've been following the indie threads/scene a fair bit and have ended up spending more time play small free games instead of those i've paid cash for.

Anyone else do that?

Yeah, its one of the reasons why it takes me a protracted amount of time to finish mainstream titles.

Crossposting from February Indie Thread:

Monthly update about Stardew Valley:

Marriage/Family life is nearly finished!

When you marry, your spouse will move in with you, say new things, and help you out on the farm. Each marriage candidate has some unique dialogue, so your experience will be slightly different depending on who you marry. Also, some spouses who have important jobs will continue to go into town and work after marriage.

Sometimes, your spouse will help out by watering a significant area of crops (if they can find any, that is).

family2big-1024x603.png

With the completion of Marriage/Family life, I’ll have finished with the vast majority of game content in Stardew Valley. From here on out, I’ll be tying loose threads, adding special touches, ensuring everything is cohesive, polishing, etc.

Stardew will definitely be released this year.

Thanks for reading!

-ConcernedApe

agniswarm

Banned
I get this a lot. Just close steams, and then view your running processes. Make sure steam isn't still running, and if it is close that shit out. Open steam again, and you shouldn't have any more network problems. That's what I do to fix it. Although it may be another problem for you.

Yah opening and closing few times generally solves the problem.

Crossposting from February Indie Thread:

Monthly update about Stardew Valley:

So it's a Harvest Moon-like with hints of Animal Crossing...for my PC? On the one hand I'm happy it's coming out, on the other, I'm kinda shocked that it took until 2015 for someone to make it happen. Either way, definitely keeping my eyes peeled for this.

Jawmuncher said:
Same Sex Marriage Yes or No

Looking at the image of the woman lamenting about crops, I'm gonna guess yes.

fantomena

My video of Darkest Dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAT08e0oQM

Game is incredible. It's very fun and addicting. It also feels a bit like Dark Souls due to it's very difficulty, I even die at the end of the video. It's a roguelike-dungeon crawler game. The game consists of 2 parts, half of the screen where you move your character around in a hallway and the second half of the screen shows stats, inventory, map etc.

For people who enjoy gory, difficulty, roguelike, Souls-isk games with a really dark and "scary" art design, you will enjoy Darkest Dungeon a lot.

Game releases on Steam early access tommorrow for 20$.

Copons

/!\ Brag post incoming alert! /!\

I've had this internet speed for almost six years now:

which is pretty terrible for everything, but especially if your work involves uploading tons of stuff on a daily basis.

And finally today it became this:

I managed to download the latest Ubuntu (1.08GB) in a little less than 4 minutes, capping at 7.097 MB/s according to uTorrent.

I'm basically crying of joy and at the same time I'm super scared of trying CS:GO because I've heard bad things about the ping during online playing with my provider's fiber. :D

(also plz don't start posting your speeds, no one cares about speeds, mine included!)

So it's a Harvest Moon-like with hints of Animal Crossing...for my PC? On the one hand I'm happy it's out, on the other, I'm kinda shocked that it took until 2015 for someone to make it happen. Either way, definitely keeping my eyes peeled for this.

And it's being made by one person.

Arthea

I totally can see Wild Season and Stardew Valley being released on the same day or really close and this way stealing sales from each other. You can bookmark this post (><)
When they should be released at least 3 month apart, ideally a year. Instead, we wait for years and will get them at the same time.

All VN's for the guys who are on Steam during Valentines day.

I'm OK with this, hopefully some with -75% discount we almost never see on VNs

edited: wait... I'm not buying anything except games form my list...

Copons

Mine connection is much, much worse :l

Worse than Fastweb ADSL?
FFS they were selling me a 20/1 but delivering only 5/0.5, after downgrading it a dozen of times during the years because the nearest node was like ten-times overcrowded than initially planned. :'(

but yeah you live in the countryside, no one cares about you rednekcs out there :D

fantomena

Would say that DD is actual a hard game, harder than DS.

Not harder than Dark Souls, but it's still a very hard game.

It's a bit complicated to write (watching the video will hopefully give you a better view).

But here's the thing:

There are 2 big game mechanics in the game. First one is called Death's Door. This means that if the enemies takes all your health you will enter Death's Door. When you enter this you will die the next time you get hurt or you will have a chance to heal. When you die, you die. No respawn.

Then comes the second mechanis, the stress meter. When your character is almost at the deaths door (lost most of the health) or is in death's door the stress meter will fill up and you will have less control of the character.

Like, the character might be so stressed he/she passes out, commits suicide, escapes the quest/dungeon, becomes greedy and takes all loot for himself/herself etc.

Hope it was a bit understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom